Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Default Official Ace Frehley Thread

[told by Peter Criss]

"Ace and I were pounding down the drinks when Ace suddenly entered the Forget It Zone. Ace turned to me and said, "Peter, I'm fucking Godzilla."

"Yeah?"

"I'm fucking Godzilla and I'm going to destroy all those boats."

"Go right ahead," I said.

So Ace got up and jumped over the barrier into the pool, fully clothed. He started beating his chest and belting out "ARRRRGGGHH!" and then he began to slap at the boats as they drove past him. Nobody could believe what they were seeing, and the next thing I knew, boom, I passed out face-first right into my salad. But I'm told that Ace picked up a boat and went "ARRRRGGGHH!," and ate the shrimp, then threw the boat across the pool. Then he splashed around some more, knocking the boats around. All the other patrons were freaking out. Shrimp were floating in the pool, the water cascading over the sides. Our group was in hysterics, even Gene and Paul, but everyone else was totally pissed off. One woman was screaming that her dress had been ruined.

Of course we got thrown out. I was still comatose, so Big John had to pick me up and carry me out on his back. The next day he came by and said that Ace's Godzilla routine was the biggest expense of the tour.

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

For a great snapshot of the band dynamic back then, the Tom Snyder "Tomorrow" show that Kiss was on late 70's was classic. Ace was obviously trashed. The eye contact and body language from Gene and Paul were pissed off and uncomfortable.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 11,749 Times in 6,507 Posts

Premium Member

- ACE FREHLEY Featured On Season Premiere Of 'Celebrity Ghost Stories'

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is featured in tonight's (Saturday, June 1) season premiere episode of Biography channel's "Celebrity Ghost Stories", the only TV show where celebrities share their real-life ghost experiences. According to a program description, "there are vengeful entities in Ace Frehley's estate and all the women in the home are in peril."

Check out a preview clip at Biography.com.

"Celebrity Ghost Stories" is told completely through first-person narrative by notable actors, musicians and personalities who believe they have experienced the other side. The hit series features descriptive, personal accounts that deliver a compelling, surprising and downright chilling look into the world of the paranormal.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Last edited by Heisenberg; 06.01.13 at 04:12 PM.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

That deserves a couple of just for attempting to play it. One of those KISS songs that is on 1 early bootleg then fell off the face of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Eat Us and Smile!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

This is cool but Tommy Thayer does this on a nightly basis now.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Yeah Ace!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Here are some short miscellaneous clips

Fox On The Run fan made video

Ace acting in the movie Remedy

Rare old pictures. It's a good thing he wore makeup back then. LOL.

Compilation clip of Ace laughing in KISS interviews

Jackass interviewer talking smack about Gene with Ace

Jackass interviewer asks Ace if Paul is gay. LOL

" On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:02 AM
    Liked 1,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

I was at a Q & A with Ace back in 95, he came off as a total dick.

I liked Frehleys Comet alot (don't laugh) and he was just ragging on Todd Holworth (sp-the guy who sang on and played guitar on alot of the first 2 FC disks) and at the end you heard "uh, hey Ace, I'm right here" and he was standing at a booth signing stuff for fans. It was pretty bad. Ace then went on to rag Eddie VH saying that Ed stole stuff from him. I laughed very hard at this since I was probably the biggest Ed fan there and about 50 kiss fans looked like they were gonnna fight me....lol.

anyway, I still listen to alot of this solo stuff, The Acorn is Spinning is on my workout playlist, I dunno why but I alwyas dug that tune.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 1,967 Times in 1,366 Posts

LIVE from Largo, MD 1979

New York Groove with Ace on lead vocals and lead guitar

Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 06.04.13 at 02:24 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 1,967 Times in 1,366 Posts

Live 1977

Shock Me - Ace on lead vocals + guitar solo

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    ACE FREHLEY To Release 'Space Invader' In June

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will release "Space Invader", his first new solo album in five years, via Entertainment One Music (eOne Music) on June 24. The album will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of Steve Miller's "The Joker". This album is the first release under Frehley's new universal deal on eOne Music.

Frehley has released an official statement surrounding the exciting news: "Life on Earth has been very good to me, and the body of work I've created over the years has withstood the test of time. Today I see no obstacles before me and my creativity has never been more fine tuned. Growing up in an Alien world has enhanced my senses and allowed me to succeed where others would have failed. The best is yet to come!"

Ace Frehley will participate in the 2014 Revolver Golden Gods awards show by presenting the Dimebag Darrell "Best Guitarist" award alongside labelmate Zakk Wylde. The awards show will take place on April 23 at the Club Nokia Theater in Los Angeles.

Says Frehley: "It's exciting to finally be part of the Golden Gods, awards and an honor to be part of any Dimebag memorial award. He was a friend, and I know everyone misses him, as do I."

Frehley recently spent time in the studio with drummer Matt Starr (BURNING RAIN) and bassist Chris Wyse (THE CULT, OWL) working on Ace's new CD.

Frehley's last album, "Anomaly", was made available as a 2-LP vinyl set featuring two new limited-edition colors on October 1 via Brookvale Records. Only 750 units of each color were manufactured.

Frehley told Billboard.com in a 2009 interview that he intended "Anomaly" to "kind of pick up where I left off with my first solo album" — 1978's "Ace Frehley".

"Prior to going into the studio, I listened to that first album, which everybody cites as their favorite Ace record," Frehley said. "I dissected it and tried to get into the same mind set this time around. I think I recaptured some of the musical textures and attitude and vibe that I had on that first record."

"Anomaly" was recorded at Schoolhouse Studios in New York and at Ace's home studio in Westchester, New York.

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150