Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default Adam Carolla On Being Called "Racist" For Criticizing Entitlements

    Adam Carolla addresses the Huffington Post calling him racist after he had a tense interview with California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom about welfare and minorities.

    According to O'Reilly, Carolla was basically saying "some of the welfare doled out in America is because the family structure has broken down in many minority communities." The Huffington Post didn't see it that way and Carolla responds.

    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,039
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:01 AM
    Likes
    4,487
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    The truth hurts.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,924
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

    Default

    Umm, just look at the statistics. Being from a single parent household on average will put you at a serious disadvantage in comparison to other children.

    But just because it is the truth, we can't say it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  4. #4
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Umm, just look at the statistics. Being from a single parent household on average will put you at a serious disadvantage in comparison to other children.

    But just because it is the truth, we can't say it.
    Because a majority are black or Latino is why we can't say it. If you do you are a racist, at least that is what the left will label you for the rest of your life.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    The truth hurts.
    The Truth = Hate Speech
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,156
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Likes
    1,320
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

    Default

    I listened to the whole interview that caused this and nothing he said was at all racist.

    Huge fan of the Carolla podcast - the guy is brilliant.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I listened to the whole interview that caused this and nothing he said was at all racist.

    Huge fan of the Carolla podcast - the guy is brilliant.
    You talking about the Gavin Newsome interview? Adam pounded him a new one.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,156
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Likes
    1,320
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    You talking about the Gavin Newsome interview? Adam pounded him a new one.

    That's the one.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Bad to the Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    8,957
    Favorite VH Album

    FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Likes
    1,067
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Default

    this is the type of thing that pisses me off the most.

    Now we'll hear how he's a racist repeated a million times cause if you say it alot it MUST be true.

    I like him more and more, he's a straight shooter.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,990
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:04 AM
    Likes
    816
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I listened to the whole interview that caused this and nothing he said was at all racist.

    Huge fan of the Carolla podcast - the guy is brilliant.
    As you know, me too. Love how the media turned it around. "Adam Carolla to Gavin Newsome: What's Wrong With Blacks & Latinos?"

    Do yourself a favor, though. Don't go to the liberal news sites that reported like this and read the comments. Wanted to punch about 72 users.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,549
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:45 PM
    Likes
    573
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Adam Carolla addresses the Huffington Post calling him racist after he had a tense interview with California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom about welfare and minorities.

    According to O'Reilly, Carolla was basically saying "some of the welfare doled out in America is because the family structure has broken down in many minority communities." The Huffington Post didn't see it that way and Carolla responds.

    I don't really want to listen to this big mouth pug faced dude. And it's not because I'm afraid of something. I'm one of the least PC people here. I just don't like him or his asshole face.

    Of course not everyone that raises the welfare arguments are racist. But we can't pretend those people don't exist. This idea that they don't is laughable, and all I have to do to prove people wrong is to direct them to a website like stormfront.

    People want to be simple minded. Some people need help, lots abuse the system... Some are racist, some aren't. etc...
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,156
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Likes
    1,320
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    As you know, me too. Love how the media turned it around. "Adam Carolla to Gavin Newsome: What's Wrong With Blacks & Latinos?"

    Do yourself a favor, though. Don't go to the liberal news sites that reported like this and read the comments. Wanted to punch about 72 users.
    i'm not a right winger (i hate all of you as has been pointed out by someone before lol) nor am I left winger. I'm pretty much in the middle and side with whichever side isn't being stupid. The same can be said for Adam Carolla. He's not a right winger at all, if anything he leans left on most social issues (for gay marriage for instance). How anyone can be called a racist for saying that the main problem in the black and latino community is the breakdown of the family is just ridiculous. It's not racist - it's just friggin obvious. Most on the left know this. Some on the left are morons.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,549
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:45 PM
    Likes
    573
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i'm not a right winger (i hate all of you as has been pointed out by someone before lol) nor am I left winger. I'm pretty much in the middle and side with whichever side isn't being stupid. The same can be said for Adam Carolla. He's not a right winger at all, if anything he leans left on most social issues (for gay marriage for instance). How anyone can be called a racist for saying that the main problem in the black and latino community is the breakdown of the family is just ridiculous. It's not racist - it's just friggin obvious. Most on the left know this. Some on the left are morons.
    I think political figures lie and mislead so much that they don't even know what the truth is anymore.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

  14. #14
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,156
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Likes
    1,320
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I think political figures lie and mislead so much that they don't even know what the truth is anymore.
    they know. they're smart - smart enough to know how to get re-elected. And saying "maybe the reason your life is a mess is because you made shitty decisions" won't do that.

    It's such a piss off because we waste money helping those who don't need help and then the people we should help we can't afford to. So sad.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. DLR on Adam Carolla Podcast Tomorrow
    By JakeK21 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03.12.13, 06:45 PM
  2. DLR On Adam Carolla Show 3/5/13
    By EAS in forum The Diamond One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.06.13, 08:51 AM
  3. Adam Carolla talks VAN HALEN
    By MWood919 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02.05.12, 09:09 PM
  4. Mike Anthony on Adam Carolla
    By DavidLeeRothNewsDesk in forum Chickenfoot
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12.01.09, 04:55 PM
  5. Brand New Michael Anthony podcast with Adam Carolla 61 minutes..
    By Samoa Joe's Ego in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11.19.09, 06:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •