Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds/Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wasn't Sammy going to have some big news in 2 weeks??????So where the hell is it? Or did I miss it?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

07.05.17 @ 02:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, my guess is that the big announcement is going to be the new recording deal. Andrew over at melodicrock.com has reliable sources, and would not post anything if there was not validity to it.

Here's where the flaming wars may begin, but please bear with me on this one...

On a side note, I do not understand why many people constantly jab SH about the greatest hits packages. The majority of his "greatest hits" albums are unauthorized by him... such as all of his Capitol Records-era "hits" albums.

The way the music industry works is this: most new artists do not have distribution rights to their recordings once signed to a label. In most recording contracts, there is a section stating that after an artist fulfills the contract, leaves the label, etc., that particular record label retains the rights to all of the albums released during the tenure of the contract. Often there is an additional clause that grants the record companies exclusive rights to release as many "greatest hits" or "best of" compilations without requiring the artist's approval. Take a look at all the recent "Millenium Collections" and "Classic Masters" compilations... very few, if any, of them are actually authorized by the artists themselves.

When Sammy was signed to Capitol after leaving Montrose, he was still rather fresh in the music scene, so he fit perfectly into the above category. However, once an artist gains popularity and stardom in the entertainment industry, he or she can begin to negotiate the terms of the contract. If a prospective label wants to sign an artist badly enough, it will be more willing to negotiate the terms. Such is the case with all of Sammy Hagar's post-Capitol Records solo releases.

Of all of Sammy's current so-called "greatest hits" albums, only one was actually authorized by him: 1994's Unboxed for Geffen. He has stated in the past that he still had to fulfill his contract with Geffen, that he needed some quick cash for his divorce settlement, and that when Geffen proposed the idea for the CD he agreed for these reasons. Regarding the new "Greatest Hits Live" record, I personally think that it might be an interesting listen... especially with Mike providing bass tracks and backing vocals on a select few VH songs.

Don't get me wrong; I am not partial to one VH era over another. Like all of you, I have my favorite songs/albums and least favorites. One thing I disagree with, however, is that people point the finger at an artist for something that is in actuality the fault of the (usually greedy) record companies.

Sorry for the long post, but hey, I gotta make a strong first impression.

Best regards,

-Christopher Lee

[ February 07, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: axelegend ]
    -Christopher Lee

"Where words fail, music speaks."

"The difference between failure and success is doing something nearly right and doing something exactly right."

Electric Shock Music Productions
    The Official Christopher Lee Website
    Tec, Inc. Engineering & Design

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Donīt hold your breath.
    Iīm pretty sure his "big" announcement will be his new record deal with sanctuary records. And maybe the release date of his 100th Greatest hits record.
    [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.27.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by axelegend:
    Don't get me wrong; I am not partial to one VH era over another. Like all of you, I have my favorite songs/albums and least favorites. One thing I disagree with, however, is that people point the finger at an artist for something that is in actuality the fault of the (usually greedy) record companies.

Best regards,

-Christopher Lee
    Christopher Lee? Dude! You're a VH fan? Cool!

You sure gave Yoda a run for his money in the last episode (although you did run away like a puss). [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Waring, F.U.C.K
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PLEASE like axelegend said, don't start the flaming. We've got Live w/o Net and RHRN, but where's the really good stuff. I don't see Van Halen in anyform releasing any live albums. Lord knows they've got reel after reel of shows. I am looking forward if Sammy comes out with a nice compilation of live stuff.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MANYBOZOS:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by axelegend:

Best regards,

-Christopher Lee
    Christopher Lee? Dude! You're a VH fan? Cool!

You sure gave Yoda a run for his money in the last episode (although you did run away like a puss). [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]

haha, I was wondering how long it would be before someone did that.
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"