Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Eruption Ilovevh's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    pensacola fl
    Posts
    1,486
    Favorite VH Album

    adkot
    Favorite VH Song

    she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:54 PM
    Likes
    84
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Real women' mannequins go viral

    A photograph of two mannequins with softer, more realistic body proportions than the average display dummy has re-ignited the debate over body image.



    http://www.today.com/style/real-wome...iral-1C8884904
    My karma just ran over your dogma

    Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out



    https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Who wants to see a fattequin? Mannequins are supposed to be fantasy sized.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  3. #3
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Likes
    547
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    So, when are they gonna make big beer gut sized male mannequins.

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.23.07
    Posts
    2,352
    Last Online

    11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Likes
    4,723
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    Who wants to see a fattequin? Mannequins are supposed to be fantasy sized.
    Those aren't fat, they're realistic. Women are supposed to have curves, not be sticks that disappear when they turn sideways.

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    Those aren't fat, they're realistic. Women are supposed to have curves, not be sticks that disappear when they turn sideways.
    Wrong, keep telling yourself that....there is nothing better than a petite woman. It's like a guy with a small hammer saying that size doesnt matter. It does and we all know it...
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,969
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    2,600
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I am all for it. Me and my wife own a plus size women clothing store. Anything that draws attention is good for business and we recently purchased some plus size mannequins. It's funny when you look at them, they look like the majority of women out there.

    I understand that the stereotype of beauty is a smaller sized woman and that is fine. I like it too. However when Kate Upton gets criticized for being fat, something is wrong.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I am all for it. Me and my wife own a plus size women clothing store. Anything that draws attention is good for business and we recently purchased some plus size mannequins. It's funny when you look at them, they look like the majority of women out there.

    I understand that the stereotype of beauty is a smaller sized woman and that is fine. I like it too. However when Kate Upton gets criticized for being fat, something is wrong.
    That's always made me scratch my head, as well.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,964
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 02:20 PM
    Likes
    812
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Look at Eva Amurri when on Californication and look at her now. She was MUCH sexier before.

    Mannequins aren't some sort of masturbatory fantasy for men. They're meant to show how clothes will look on people. Doesn't do the majority of women any good when they look like Calista Flockhart.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.10.10
    Location
    North Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,172
    Favorite VH Album

    Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

    The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

    12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Likes
    1,571
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    Wrong, keep telling yourself that....there is nothing better than a petite woman. It's like a guy with a small hammer saying that size doesnt matter. It does and we all know it...
    Yep, there's "nothing better than a petite woman" - until she tries to give birth and finds that her child-size pelvis isn't up to the job and she has to have a caesarian, (my best mate being a case-in-point). That's if she's able to get pregnant in the first place - a great many "petite women" have got there through starvation and / or excessive exercise - and those things play havoc with your menstrual cycle...

    Now, before anyone suggests otherwise, I'm not advocating obesity by any stretch of the imagination, but cdnangel is completely correct in her assessment. The mannequins featured here aren't even remotely fat. They have proper, womanly bodies, bodies that are primarily designed to carry and feed babies - that's why they have hips and breasts. If you want a stick-insect, I believe you can purchase them from the pet-shop.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

    "Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

    "You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

    "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

    "You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980


  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.23.07
    Posts
    2,352
    Last Online

    11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Likes
    4,723
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

    Default

    Those "petite" women are also more prone to osteoporosis. Look at this and tell me who looks better:


  11. #11
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    59
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,030
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:20 PM
    Likes
    4,476
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Hey Dick Punch if you think those fake chicks are fat then I want to sell you a statue in NY Harbor she may be overweight too lol.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    Yep, there's "nothing better than a petite woman" - until she tries to give birth and finds that her child-size pelvis isn't up to the job and she has to have a caesarian, (my best mate being a case-in-point). That's if she's able to get pregnant in the first place - a great many "petite women" have got there through starvation and / or excessive exercise - and those things play havoc with your menstrual cycle...

    Now, before anyone suggests otherwise, I'm not advocating obesity by any stretch of the imagination, but cdnangel is completely correct in her assessment. The mannequins featured here aren't even remotely fat. They have proper, womanly bodies, bodies that are primarily designed to carry and feed babies - that's why they have hips and breasts. If you want a stick-insect, I believe you can purchase them from the pet-shop.
    I dont want kids so curves and fat aren't for me. A woman that works out obsessively is just fine with me....and about 85% of the male population of this planet. Dont kid yourself, men are always going to be more attracted to thinner women. I respect you because you are a smart cookie and have an intelligent point of view but the facts dont lie, skin mags dont sell because they advertise "real women". I know, I am a vain and shallow man but give me a Jennifer Aniston type body any day over a Jennifer Lopez sized ass. Last time I checked Kathy Bates wasnt on the cover of any best selling womens health mags either. Here is a shocker for you...I prefer women with smaller breasts too.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  13. #13
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,017
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Likes
    1,793
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

    Default

    these are meant to be sales tools for women

    any guy who looks at a mannequin and debates whether or not it is sexy has bigger problems than most women would want to deal with

    survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,969
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    2,600
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I prefer Jennifer Anniston when she had a bit of that baby fat on her like on the first season of Friends. I don't think anybody will say that Kathy Bates pear shape can be considered attractive but women with curves can be and usually are. Shit half the Playmates from the 80's and early 90's would be considered fat. Anne Nicole Smith was PMOTY and she would be considered huge by today's standards.

    This might sound bad but think of when Lindsay Lohan was the hottest? Mean Girls. She was a little thick back then. Today she has a skinnier figure.

    Don't get me wrong a skinny women can be attractive too but just because a woman has some curves doesn't mean they can't be.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.10.10
    Location
    North Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,172
    Favorite VH Album

    Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

    The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

    12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Likes
    1,571
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I dont want kids so curves and fat aren't for me. A woman that works out obsessively is just fine with me....and about 85% of the male population of this planet. Dont kid yourself, men are always going to be more attracted to thinner women. I respect you because you are a smart cookie and have an intelligent point of view but the facts dont lie, skin mags dont sell because they advertise "real women". I know, I am a vain and shallow man but give me a Jennifer Aniston type body any day over a Jennifer Lopez sized ass. Last time I checked Kathy Bates wasnt on the cover of any best selling womens health mags either. Here is a shocker for you...I prefer women with smaller breasts too.
    It's not a case of whether curves and fat are "for you"; it's not a case of whether they're "for" anyone - the simple fact is that women's bodies are MEANT to carry a certain amount of fat and correspond to a certain (curvaceous) design, for the purpose of procreation. Whether we like it or not, the basic purpose of life is to propagate the species.

    Certain men may well find skinny birds attractive (I don't believe that it's as much as 85%), just as others may well find ladies with Kathy Bates-esque figures appealing - and that's fine - as long as those women are happy with their shape; after all, everyone is different. However, these women are at completely opposite - and extreme - ends of the spectrum. These new mannequins merely reflect the average woman - and are all the better for that.

    Your suggestion that mannequins, designed to sell clothes to women, should represent a very narrow (and unrealistic) perception of the ideal woman is crazy, if only from a sales point of view! Anyone selling clothes needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possible: the average woman. And the average woman has curves, for all the reasons I've listed previously. I am very glad to see that at long last the fashion industry is recognising that skinny mannequins actually put women off buying their clothes, as well as perpetuating an unrealistic - and often unhealthy - body ideal.

    (And just as an aside, DP, any woman who obsesses over her physique to the extent you describe isn't going to have a great deal of time for the man, or men, in her life - unless the press-ups you're interested in are those she does at the gym!)
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

    "Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

    "You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

    "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

    "You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Love goes viral: He teaches girlfriend after stroke
    By Ilovevh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01.23.13, 07:45 PM
  2. Post-Surgery Baby Pic Goes Viral
    By Ilovevh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11.18.12, 02:52 PM
  3. Teen's defense of teacher goes viral
    By Ilovevh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11.17.10, 09:32 AM
  4. A mother's anti-homophobia rant goes viral
    By Ilovevh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11.08.10, 03:22 PM
  5. Latest Viral Vid on YouTube
    By jimmyw in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12.02.07, 09:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •