Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Bill Maher discovering the unfairness of confiscatory taxation

First we had top Democrat consultant Donna Brazile scratching her head and wondering why her health insurance premiums were going up. Now we have painfully unfunny HBO comedian Bill Maher discovering the unfairness of confiscatory taxation, courtesy of NewsBusters:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/03/1...-are-too-high/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Alot of the dems go off the plantation after a second term president is elected. They will all be back on board in a few years come next election.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,188 Times in 8,988 Posts

I actually like listening to Bill Maher. I don't agree with a lot of what he has to say, but he is at least open to discussion.

Rachel Maddow has no fucking clue on most issues.

We do not have a revenue problem in this country by any possible metric. We have a spending problem, pure and simple, and raising taxes to over 50% combined federal and state is just going to cause people with money to leave.

California is going to find that out. With a California citizen that makes over a million dollars a year taxed at a combined 52.6% top marginal rate, not taking into consideration all the other taxes they pay, I would fucking leave California too.

We ask rich people to pay a huge portion of the country's expenses, and most are fine with that, most rich people I know want to help out. But can we not call them fucking names while we do it?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Harry Potter got really ugly and annoying.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Harry Potter got really ugly and annoying.
    Pre-Op or Post?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Pre-Op or Post?

yes
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Rachel Maddow has no fucking clue on most issues.
    And they give this woman her own show! Seriously, she spends so much time bashing the other side that you don't even know what she supports from her side.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

I'm sure that I'm in the minority on this, but I believe Rachel Maddow wears underwear with a dick hole on them.

HH<-------cottage cheese really doesn't look like a cottage at all----------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    I'm sure that I'm in the minority on this, but I believe Rachel Maddow wears underwear with a dick hole on them.
    Holy shit that's a one liner that should be one lined...FOREEVER! That's gonna be tough to beat, kids. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:06 PM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

I agree wit DD; Bill Mahr is actually pretty good - and has some funny shit. I sometimes disagree with him, but as Dave said, he's open for discussion and factual debates.

I do also agree that the US has a spending problem - but believe that you also have a taxation problem; not so much on income tax - but sin taxes (booze, smokes and gas being the notables).

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

I've never liked Mahr, he seems very intolerant of anything that is not liberal. I'm pretty middle of the road politically too.

Now it seems that the one time he doesn't agree with the liberal agenda is because it takes money out of his pocket, that's interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr5115 View Post
    I've never liked Mahr, he seems very intolerant of anything that is not liberal. I'm pretty middle of the road politically too.

Now it seems that the one time he doesn't agree with the liberal agenda is because it takes money out of his pocket, that's interesting.
    How very 99% of him.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I agree wit DD; Bill Mahr is actually pretty good - and has some funny shit. I sometimes disagree with him, but as Dave said, he's open for discussion and factual debates.

I do also agree that the US has a spending problem - but believe that you also have a taxation problem; not so much on income tax - but sin taxes (booze, smokes and gas being the notables).
    What's the optimal rate of taxation on cigs, booze, and gas? I hate smoking as much as the next guy, but what you do in your own house doesn't bother me. Did you know smokers actually cost the healthcare system less than a non-smoker? Same thing with obesity. Yet people repeatedly tout the opposite of reality when pushing for these taxes--as if it somehow evens everything out if we can tax them on the front end, it will make up for the community costs on the back end, which of course isn't true since they aren't costing anyone anything more on the back end.

As for taxing gas, that's just going kill the economy even further. Raising the taxes on gasonline just takes money away from the people who can least afford it--and it inflates the cost of everything, further devaluing your current earnings.

All of this is kind of a moot point though, because revenue isn't the problem in government, it's the out-of-control spending. We just had Paul Ryan propose a budget that would be balanced....in 10 years...and people were bitching about it. Then the Democrats (who were the staunchest critics) propose their own budget that doesn't balance the budget...EVER.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:06 PM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    What's the optimal rate of taxation on cigs, booze, and gas? I hate smoking as much as the next guy, but what you do in your own house doesn't bother me. Did you know smokers actually cost the healthcare system less than a non-smoker? Same thing with obesity. Yet people repeatedly tout the opposite of reality when pushing for these taxes--as if it somehow evens everything out if we can tax them on the front end, it will make up for the community costs on the back end, which of course isn't true since they aren't costing anyone anything more on the back end.

As for taxing gas, that's just going kill the economy even further. Raising the taxes on gasonline just takes money away from the people who can least afford it--and it inflates the cost of everything, further devaluing your current earnings.

All of this is kind of a moot point though, because revenue isn't the problem in government, it's the out-of-control spending. We just had Paul Ryan propose a budget that would be balanced....in 10 years...and people were bitching about it. Then the Democrats (who were the staunchest critics) propose their own budget that doesn't balance the budget...EVER.
    Sorry - you think smoking wont cost additional health care dollars?

Canadians are taxed WAY more on gas then Americans and our economy is doing pretty well

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:01 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Sorry - you think smoking wont cost additional health care dollars?

Canadians are taxed WAY more on gas then Americans and our economy is doing pretty well
    smokers have a habit of not living very long. So while it costs a lot in cancer treatments and the like, it also saves a lot of money in long term health costs, pension costs, etc.

All that said, I'm a believer in Sin taxes (as we know them up here) - the govt can encourage good behaviour and should. This is the same reason we throw criminals in jail (to discourage criminal behaviour). Can it go to far? It almost always does (see the NYC smoking thread for evidence).