Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

10.27.16 @ 01:10 AM
    Liked 721 Times in 512 Posts

Premium Member

Default Ex-Senator Scott Brown Joins Goldman Sachs’ Lobbying Firm

During his nearly three years in the U.S. Senate, Scott Brown (R-MA) frequently came to the aid of the financial sector — watering down the Dodd-Frank bill and working to weaken it after its passage — and accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign cash from the industry. Now, the man Forbes Magazine called one of “Wall Street’s Favorite Congressmen” will use those connections as counsel for Nixon Peabody, an international law and lobbying firm.

The Boston Globe noted Monday that while Brown himself will not be a lobbyist — Senators may not lobby their former colleagues for the first two years after leaving office, under the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act of 2007 — “he will be leaning heavily on his Washington contacts to drum up business for the firm.” The position will also allow him “to begin cashing in on his contacts with the financial services industry, which he helped oversee in the Senate.”

Among the lobbying clients represented by Nixon Peabody is Goldman Sachs, the Wall Street behemoth that reportedly skirted the Dodd-Frank rules . Brown received $10,000 in PAC contributions from Goldman and more than $100,000 in contributions from its employees.

Brown was also the deciding vote against the DISCLOSE Act, which would have allowed voters to see which moneyed interests were funding secret political ads. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which reportedly received millions from Goldman Sachs, led the opposition to the bill.

Last month, Brown joined Fox News Channel as a contributor. In his first appearance in that capacity, he lamented that Congress is “dysfunctional and extremely partisan,” and promised to “stay involved” by being “part of the election process back home and other elections throughout the country.

orig VH fan x craps champ edwardv's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 04:52 AM
    Liked 1,141 Times in 730 Posts

Premium Member

Scott Brown congrats you can now clean up and rape the country from the private sector.Maybe be Treasury Sec someday with Goldman on your resume. Follow the lead of Paulson and Geitner and just forget to file federal income tax for a few years too.Enable away!!!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 11,011 Times in 5,408 Posts

Premium Member

I'm a capitalist, but I think Goldman is just pure fucking evil incorporated. They exist to make money at others expense.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 6,049 Times in 3,288 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    What a DICK. I wonder if this is the real reason he didn't run for Kerry's seat.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 03.12.13 at 06:50 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

08.23.16 @ 04:25 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    What a DICK. I wonder if this is the real reason he didn't run for Kerry's seat.
    That and I am sure at least 300-400K in increased salary too

Fucker hit Gravy Train time
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.