Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 11,724 Times in 6,496 Posts

Premium Member

Default Mark Kelly gave Gun Control testimony day before buying an AR-15

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an "assault weapon," he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona. 

Breitbart News received a tip on this when Neil McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted us on March 7 and said:

Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which included an AR-15--sometimes described as an "assault rifle"--at 3:30 pm on the afternoon of March 5 at Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased "high capacity" magazines as well.

On March 6, McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group--"Americans for Responsible Solutions"--and on March 8 they replied that his message had been passed on to colleagues who handle press requests. Breitbart News then began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, including visiting the gun store.

Suddenly, Kelly announced on his Facebook page that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.  

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook: 

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. 

Testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee Jan. 30, Kelly had urged senators to restrict sales firearms based on their lethality--a common refrain with other witnesses that day, who argued that semi-automatic weapons, which chamber subsequent rounds as bullets are fired, and other guns with military-style features level the playing field against law enforcement.

Kelly and Giffords founded their own advocacy group to restrict gun rights, Americans for Responsible Solutions, in January. On its website, ARS wrote: “High capacity magazines are a deadly factor in gun violence.” A 30-round magazine is considered a high-capacity magazine.

The ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of high capacity magazines, which are not needed for hunting or self-defense, but have proven very lethal.”

Similarly, the ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of assault weapons.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace that lawmakers need to address "assault weapons." He said the purpose of an "assault weapon" is "to kill a lot of people very quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

INVESTIGATING MARK KELLY'S AR-15 PURCHASE

After Mark E. Kelly allegedly bought his AR-15, "high capacity" magazines, and a 1911 pistol at Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, AZ on March 5, Guns & Patriots editor Neil W. McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group, "Americans for Responsible Solutions," to get a statement.

When he reached out to them on March 6, instead of getting a statement, he received an email on March 8 saying his message had been passed on to colleagues within the organization.

That was the same day Breitbart News began investigating the story in depth. It was also a day before Breitbart News visited Diamondback Police Supply in person to be sure the store was legit, and that they carried the kinds of firearms and accessories witnesses said Kelly had purchased.

On March 8--two days after McCabe had contacted Kelly's gun control group with questions about the purchases--Kelly put up a Facebook post saying he was giving up the AR-15. Wrote Kelly: "I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too....I don't have possession yet, but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0407080&type=1

Ironically, after discovering Kelly's purchase of the "assault rifle" and "high capacity magazines," McCabe noted that Kelly's gun control PAC is pushing for "Congress [to] act to limit the sale of assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...News-Leaks-Out

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...AR-15-Purchase
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an "assault weapon," he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.

Breitbart News received a tip on this when Neil McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted us on March 7 and said:

Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which included an AR-15--sometimes described as an "assault rifle"--at 3:30 pm on the afternoon of March 5 at Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased "high capacity" magazines as well.

On March 6, McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group--"Americans for Responsible Solutions"--and on March 8 they replied that his message had been passed on to colleagues who handle press requests. Breitbart News then began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, including visiting the gun store.

Suddenly, Kelly announced on his Facebook page that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

Testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee Jan. 30, Kelly had urged senators to restrict sales firearms based on their lethality--a common refrain with other witnesses that day, who argued that semi-automatic weapons, which chamber subsequent rounds as bullets are fired, and other guns with military-style features level the playing field against law enforcement.

Kelly and Giffords founded their own advocacy group to restrict gun rights, Americans for Responsible Solutions, in January. On its website, ARS wrote: “High capacity magazines are a deadly factor in gun violence.” A 30-round magazine is considered a high-capacity magazine.

The ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of high capacity magazines, which are not needed for hunting or self-defense, but have proven very lethal.”

Similarly, the ARS website says: “Congress should act to limit the sale of assault weapons.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace that lawmakers need to address "assault weapons." He said the purpose of an "assault weapon" is "to kill a lot of people very quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

INVESTIGATING MARK KELLY'S AR-15 PURCHASE

After Mark E. Kelly allegedly bought his AR-15, "high capacity" magazines, and a 1911 pistol at Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, AZ on March 5, Guns & Patriots editor Neil W. McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group, "Americans for Responsible Solutions," to get a statement.

When he reached out to them on March 6, instead of getting a statement, he received an email on March 8 saying his message had been passed on to colleagues within the organization.

That was the same day Breitbart News began investigating the story in depth. It was also a day before Breitbart News visited Diamondback Police Supply in person to be sure the store was legit, and that they carried the kinds of firearms and accessories witnesses said Kelly had purchased.

On March 8--two days after McCabe had contacted Kelly's gun control group with questions about the purchases--Kelly put up a Facebook post saying he was giving up the AR-15. Wrote Kelly: "I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too....I don't have possession yet, but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0407080&type=1

Ironically, after discovering Kelly's purchase of the "assault rifle" and "high capacity magazines," McCabe noted that Kelly's gun control PAC is pushing for "Congress [to] act to limit the sale of assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...News-Leaks-Out

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...AR-15-Purchase

As tragic as his wife's attempted murder was, the thing that pisses me off about this hypocrite is he is retired military. I'm guessing that oath he took to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States," now means absolutely NOTHING. Fucking traitor. Plain and simple.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Man, I would've never guessed he was into guns. Just thinking about the soft "Pseudo Silk Kimono" and other delicate pieces, he didn't seem that kind of guy. Goes to show.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Busted lol.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Fuck these gun control people, thats why the 2nd ammendment was made...so you cannot take away our guns! I swear I will not be an American within 15 years because of the liberals.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hmmm...might have been a little money making opportunity to speak on the subject. Hey, can't blame the guy. Paid for his gun!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

He says he bought it to show how lax the gun laws are, but I'm not sure what he proved. He's retired military, a former astronaut, and the husband of a US Senator. If he's not qualified to own a gun, who the fuck is? Then he says: "the background check only took a couple of minutes." Well...how long should it take? Are they supposed to call your parents and neighbors, check your highschool transcripts and medical records, etc. like they do to work for the FBI? Isn't that an invasion of privacy for just wanting to exercise your Constitutional right?

If he bought this to make a point, he didn't illustrate anything other than he's not he problem. It's the guns bought illegally or stolen that are the concern--they account for a much greater slice of the violence pie.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 1,623 Times in 870 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    He says he bought it to show how lax the gun laws are, but I'm not sure what he proved. He's retired military, a former astronaut, and the husband of a US Senator. If he's not qualified to own a gun, who the fuck is? Then he says: "the background check only took a couple of minutes." Well...how long should it take? Are they supposed to call your parents and neighbors, check your highschool transcripts and medical records, etc. like they do to work for the FBI? Isn't that an invasion of privacy for just wanting to exercise your Constitutional right?

If he bought this to make a point, he didn't illustrate anything other than he's not he problem. It's the guns bought illegally or stolen that are the concern--they account for a much greater slice of the violence pie.
    B-I-N-G-O
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford