Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

all,

before i start my post, i just want to apologize for the sammy thread i started and for the lack of information that i had on the supposed reunion of the mighty vh. i never meant to cross anyone's path in a bad way and if i did, i apologize.

anyhow, this may be a little long, so we weery

tonight i wanted to let loose, to do something to release some stress and to let off some steam. so at around 6:30 this evening, i pulled out my wolfie special and went out into the garage to play along with some of the songs from my cd's. i played a bit of metallica and joe satriani to warm up then i put on some van halen.

the first song i played was poundcake, too bad i don't have my mikita drill yet... after playing that i did when it's love, and i started to have some real fun then!

the gararge light was on and the door was down, it was at least 120 in there as i live in the desert and the sweat dripped down form my forehead onto the next of my guitar as i tried to do my best eddie imitation. (sad as it is!) i can only imagine how powerful it must be to stand up there on stage and play in front of thousands of people; to make people laugh and cry and to make a difference somehow in people's lives.

when i was playing along with dreams (boy did i fuck this up!) my mind brought me back to the concerts i saw on the III tour. i can remember eddie walking back and forth on his side of the stage, clad in black slacks and a blue turtleneck, hammering out the riffs to unchained, somebody get me a doctor, mean streets. for a time, it seemed as though all i saw in the 20,000 seat arena was ed and his guitar, it was all i could see, it was all i could feel.

as i regained consciousness and realized i royally fucked up the dreams solo , i put on right now from one of my bootleg cd's. the part when they all song the chorus always gives me chills, when eddie yells out "right now!" and kicks his leg out as he plays, i can see that vision over and over again every day!

so after about an hour of playing some other stuff, i put on BOV1 for some Me Wise Magic. the part when dave yells out "tell me do you believe"...i swear...you get this feeling inside of you, you cannot explain it you know?

i remember takling my girlfirned to a vh show a couple years ago and all she wanted to hear was dreams. i love that song, i love it she said! well what did u know? JJ started nailing it on the keys after the drum solo. it was a great time for all.

it seems that no matter (although i like dave's stuff the best) who has sung for them, there has been something that has made me laugh, smile, and think within their music. that is an escape from reality that so many people wish they had, i am thankful to have that. it's a safe haven where i can hear nothing but what i want to hear, inspiration, and good times. it seems as though no matter what happens in my life, a little bit of vh can at least make it go away for awhile.

i think i speak for many around the world when i say thank you to vh for making a difference in people's lives, not just musically, but personally as well.

whether i'm playing my guitar, listening to a cd, reading here at the links, or watching a video of them, there's always something that leaves a smile on my face. and anyone that has seen them in concert knows what i mean. you know how it feels when the lights go down or when your favorite song comes on. you see people in tears or you find yourself clapping to the beat of the song. or you find yourself staring at the guy or girl next to you making a fool of themselves but when you leave that event, you feel like there's nothing better in the world.

i can honestly say that as long as i have my VH cd's with me, i have a shot at anything!

since their debut in 1978, we have always been treated to something special. and hopefully soon, we will again see what a blessing god has given us all; the greatest band of all time, the mighty van halen!

JMJ

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Nice post JMJ. I think alot of us have done that many many times. Therapy as it were. Out

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Damn, JMJ. "Ditto" just doesn't seem to cover it, but that's really all I can say! You said it all there, bro.

------------------
    E.B.A.S.

RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL - HOUSE OF PAIN: The greatest ride in Rock & Roll history ...
    GOOD ENOUGH - HOW MANY SAY I: Not a bad trip either ...

"Someone asked me the other day what I thought I had learned about making music after all these years, and I said, 'Nothing'." -EVH

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hell of a post JMJ!!! Ill bet your one killer story teller!!! I agree with you because just about everyday I get out my wolf,crank up the 5150 half stack,throw on a VH cd and jam and have alot of fun trying to be like Eddie.With out a doubt the best band in the world and they defently have the best fans!!!5150!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JMJ, great fucking post! You hit the nail with the hammer man. We all love VH because their music effects us. That's what good music does. When I was a teenager I use to workout to VH. Their music is great for getting pumped up. If I had a dumbell in my hand at a VH concert I could really do some major fucking curls.Peace out.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Whoa, how do I even begin to follow up a post like that?! Can I just say "Me Too!" ??

JMJ, that really was beautiful the way you just put into words what it's all about for you and me and I bet a whole heck of a lot of us.

You know, I've got all these friends that don't care for VH's music... and I know that of course they have something else that they're crazy about, maybe they're the number one fan of some other band...but you know what? I don't think anybody feels the same way about their favorite group as VH fans feel about VH. We've got something very, very special, like it's some great privelege.

Maybe I'm completely insane, but I always feel a little sorry for someone who doesn't appreciate VH's music, because I think everyone should get to feel that same kind of magic that we VH people crave.

It has to do with the music, but there's definitely something else that goes beyond just music, and I only get it with Van Halen.

When you're feeling bad, when something's got you down, VH is the miracle cure. All I've gotta do is stick the CD in and sit down at the piano and start to play along. It IS an escape from reality when I fall into some kind of other dimension, and let my mind wander away and let my hands and feet just keep themselves busy. I've gotta close my eyes and just stop worrying and sooner or later I get to feeling like I'm right there on the stage...and I feel kind of invincible!
    I wish everyone had something that could just make any problem go away for a little while the way Van Halen can for me.

------------------
    Dirty Faced Kids...the hope of the future!
    "1989" - Maya's Van Halen Page
    Offical Designated Driver for the Atomic Drunks...where everybody knows your screen name.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

all..

yeah, it's just an awesome feeling! it's one of those things that you just never forget ho it feels, what it does for you. it riddles you right down to the bone.

btw, it's cool to play with the cd's, cuz even when you fuck uo, you still get to listen to the greatest ever! i mean, how can you play and sound bad, and still have a backup sound that freakin good?

JMJ

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right on JMJ!!! I do the same thing, but when I'm Eddie for a night( or least try )it's usually only VH 2 album, because see I'm a drummer who dabbles in guitar. But there's also the nights where the walkman goes on, the lights go down, and the Xmas lights come on and I sit behind my kit and the VAN Halen show really begins. I'm much better at being ALEX than EDDIE.

This a special time for me, cause nothing bothers me and I can escape the pains that occur with everyday life.

Keep Rockin!!! ALL OF US REAL FANS!!!

------------------
    Nobody rules these streets at night but me, The ATOMIC PUNK

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JJ I couldn't have said it better myself. Fantastic post!

------------------
    "Take it off, Take it off, Yeah!"

E.A.A.S
    E.B.A.S

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

take it off!!! take it off!!

pictures of a silver screen...

oh yeah baby!!

No Bozo's
    Hey I didn't start listening to VH till OU812 because I was only 14, but it totally inspired me in every way and made me the musician that I am today. Great fuckin post man!

------------------
    Broken down 'n' dirty dressed in rags

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Gotta give props to MXRFLANGE on his statement. Right on bro, been there do that. LOL. Out.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

only since ou812 eh? well guess what my friend, that's just fookin cool!!

it doesn't matter that it started at vh or III, as long as it happened. it's something u can carry with u the rest of their lives. i honestly don't know how many people can say that!

JMJ

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lead Synth, I know what you mean. When I meat a person that doesn't care for VH I find it very weird too. It's like, this person is not a REAL person. VH is the lifeblood for us and keeps us kicking.Peace out.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:
    all,

before i start my post, i just want to apologize for the sammy thread i started and for the lack of information that i had on the supposed reunion of the mighty vh. i never meant to cross anyone's path in a bad way and if i did, i apologize.

then i put on some van halen.

the gararge light was on and the door was down, it was at least 120 in there as i live in the desert and the sweat dripped down form my forehead onto the next of my guitar as i tried to do my best eddie imitation. (sad as it is!) i can only imagine how powerful it must be to stand up there on stage and play in front of thousands of people; to make people laugh and cry and to make a difference somehow in people's lives.

so after about an hour of playing some other stuff, i put on BOV1 for some Me Wise Magic. the part when dave yells out "tell me do you believe"...i swear...you get this feeling inside of you, you cannot explain it you know?

it seems that no matter (although i like dave's stuff the best) who has sung for them, there has been something that has made me laugh, smile, and think within their music. that is an escape from reality that so many people wish they had, i am thankful to have that. it's a safe haven where i can hear nothing but what i want to hear, inspiration, and good times. it seems as though no matter what happens in my life, a little bit of vh can at least make it go away for awhile.

i think i speak for many around the world when i say thank you to vh for making a difference in people's lives, not just musically, but personally as well.

i can honestly say that as long as i have my VH cd's with me, i have a shot at anything!

since their debut in 1978, we have always been treated to something special. and hopefully soon, we will again see what a blessing god has given us all; the greatest band of all time, the mighty van halen!

JMJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sniff* *sniff* Somebody hand me a tissue....