Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

Actress Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer

Actress Valerie Harper, best known to TV viewers for her memorable '70s role of Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and later "Rhoda," has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
    People magazine revealed the news Wednesday morning.
    "I don't think of dying," the 73-year-old told the magazine. "I think of being here now."
    According to the publication, Harper underwent tests that revealed she has a condition known as leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, and has been told by doctors that she could have as little as three months to live.
    "I've had a good run," she told People. "What more could I ask for?"

Follow @ TODAY_ent
    In Harper's recent memoir, "I, Rhoda," she revealed an earlier battle with lung cancer in 2009. She learned of her current condition on Jan. 15 of this year.
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Everyday people I know personally get this disease. Its an epidemic of huge proportions. And its getting worse we need to declare war on this disease and spend the trillions we waste on finding a cure.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Oh no....I always loved loved loved Valerie Harper. I hope she is comfortable in her last days

Mary Tyler Moore always seemed too beautiful and poised and charming to be the underdog....it was Valerie's character Rhoda that so many of us identified withSmart, funny, vulnerable, yet strong, that character was a great role model

strangely, the theme song to the Mary Tyler Moore show has always been depressing to me...just hearing it today brings on the same sad, melancholy feelings it always did...don't know why but it was always depressing....and now for a reason

MD Anderson Cancer Center has recently announced a "Cancer Moon Shot" program with the thinking that resources wisely allocated, new technologies applied, and discoveries aggressively pursued can make the same kind of dramatic progress that America made when it was decided that it was possible to put a man on the moon in a short time frame

If we can put an man on the moon, we can make significant progress in the treatment of cancer

let's wish them success

http://cancermoonshots.org/about/

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Everyday people I know personally get this disease. Its an epidemic of huge proportions. And its getting worse we need to declare war on this disease and spend the trillions we waste on finding a cure.
    Ya know what Ed, I honestly believe that a cure for cancer, (of all types) has been around for years. And, I also believe that because so much money is given to cancer research, through other special interest groups and what not, that secret will be a long time away from being told before they ever admit that there is a," true cure" for this fucking nasty disease. There is huge profits to be gained in illness and the C.D.C, US Food and Drug administration and the American Cancer Society, just to name a few, thrive on that!

I'm not saying research isn't being done, I'm saying that somewhere, in a deep bunker lab, a place that has more secrets than Area 51, a place that no one knows even exists, some scientist have the 411 on cancer, and how to kill it!

But, that's just my .02 cents on the matter!

Hope Mrs Harper enjoys her days in peace, love, happiness and pain free!

HH<------as others have said here, many, many times, FUCK CANCER---------
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 03.06.13 at 04:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

HH if true thats right up there with Roswell and the New World Order. Your not the first to mention that to me. The money involved in treating cancer vastly exceeds sending someone home with a pill or giving an injection at birth to prevent it. Hell clearing out the hospices alone would take away millions.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    HH if true thats right up there with Roswell and the New World Order. Your not the first to mention that to me. The money involved in treating cancer vastly exceeds sending someone home with a pill or giving an injection at birth to prevent it. Hell clearing out the hospices alone would take away millions.
    Yep!!

Since the 1st dollar was spent in cancer research, till today, this is what we got? Trillions of dollars spent and we really are no closer to a answer than what we are now? I'm not buying that!

The money spent on technology is apparent! There is no argument from me on that, but to treat it and be totally 100% cured, WTF, right? And those who are lucky enough to get a remission from cancer, only seem to have it come back 10, maybe 20 times more vengeful than before, and spread throughout their bodies! That makes zero sense to me and the doctors and researchers out there can't give an answer as to why that happens!
    Basically, they know SOME shit about cancer, but they don't really don't KNOW shit about cancer! It's just fucktarded to me on what they know, and don't know.

The hospital I work for is adding a new wing to its cancer center! Inside this new wing, is a revolutionary break through in cancer treatment! As I was told, Willis Knighton Medical Center is only the 6th place in the world to have this cancer treatment option, and from what I was told had amazing results in isolation of cancer cells and treating them with radiation, and maybe chemo!?!? Haven't researched it, so I can't honestly form an opinion about it yet, but this new technology is called, "PROTON GENE THERAPY".

It sounds pretty amazing, what little I actually know of it! But, I do know this, Docs from every region of our planet are now here to be apart of the study and understanding of this new treatment for cancer! Several dozen of oncologist are here now, learning already and this proton therapy is slated to be kicking cancer cells, in the balls, sometime this fall! I believe that the target of opening this center, here!

Hope it works! Guess well see in a couple of years how wonderful this new treatment, is.

HH<-------someone knows, something----------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

the research has helped tremendously. My godparents had a daughter Phyllis in 1933. in 1939 she was diagnosed with leukemia. My Godparents were told to take her home and nurse her until she died....which she did

I had a cousin born the same year as I. one of the few memories I have of him was a horrendous scar from the surgery to remove the cancer. He died before he turned 6

there were NO real treatments for either of them then. Both of these kids born today, especially Phyllis would have had a fighting chance

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

Shit.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Not saying I know much about it, but my old boss took a class about cancer at Harvard for the hell of it (super smart dude). He talked about how he finally understood why it's such a bitch to beat. It's not like a specific disease where you see this virus or that bacteria, it's more like a condition. It's your own cells mutating and killing you. Because it's always a different cellular structure every time it occurs, it makes it very difficult to come up with a "cure". It also mutates and changes, almost like it has a mind of its own.

Just my $.02.