Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

09.14.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Liked 41 Times in 21 Posts

Default Van Halen ReUnion vs. Led Zep Reunion

Robert Plant has recently been quoted that he is available for a Led Zep Reunion in 2014. He said just ask the "capricorns" Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
    Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones both want the tour to go forward.
    Is there any sense now to have a true Van Halen Reunion with Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth in the next few years?
    I think the Led Zep reunion may possibly be the largest tour of all time- if it goes forward. Because Van Halen has sat on its lazy ass so long and wasted so much time does it even make economic sense for them to plan a tour up against Led Zep?
    People are going to spend a lot of money on the Zep Reunion - will there be the numbers to support the true Van Halen Reunion tour we all want?

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:51 AM
    Liked 1,204 Times in 532 Posts

IMO 2 different demographics . Nobody wants to go head to head with Led Zepplin..
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

There's just too many
    Last Online

10.26.15 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts

Chi-Town started a thread. Countdown to closing initiated.

(just kidding)

Favorite VH Song

Unchained!
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 36 Times in 16 Posts

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JakeK21 View Post
    Chi-Town started a thread. Countdown to closing initiated.

(just kidding)
    I have been on here for over 10 years and I think I have had only one thread closed.
    After all the stuff posted in some of these threads I actually thought this one might get some good conversation going.....

My fantasy would be for a LED ZEP/VAN HALEN double bill !!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Led Zeppelin sucks!
    Last edited by NoBrownM&Ms; 02.25.13 at 05:43 PM.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    Led Zeppelin sucks! LD
    There would be no Van Halen if there wasn't a Led Zeppelin first........
    Ed got the idea for Eruption watching Jimmy Page.

David Lee Roth is a more modern Robert Plant.

Led Zeppelin does not suck in fact many believe they are the greatest Rock Band of all time!

Van Halen's attitude was in part a reaction to the overly long songs of the Album rock era that Led Zep helped popularize.

The two bands are strongly linked in Rock History!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN FAN2 View Post

Led Zeppelin does not suck in fact many believe they are the greatest Rock Band of all time!

Van Halen's attitude was in part a reaction to the overly long songs of the Album rock era that Led Zep helped popularize.

Sorry Dude, I screwed up my smily. See my edit.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    Sorry Dude, I screwed up my smily. See my edit.
    You had me worried. LOL
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

There will be no Led Zep reunion. It's another one of Robert Plant's comments where he jerks off the public.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

A Led Zeppelin reunion tour would be the highest grossing rock tour, per show, of all-time (IMO.)

I believe that the reason for that -- aside from LZ being one of the greatest rock bands of all-time - is a three-decade-plus build-up of fan interest, with no grand measures undercutting the band's legacy, nor any measures to abate most fans' fervor for seeing them live, (aside from several very exclusive shows... These only whetted the publics' appetite more.)

Van Halen is in a very different position, currently - because of how the Van Halen brothers, (Eddie, in particular, from the sounds of it,) bungled the band's legacy post-1996.

(I believe that one could make a good case for the "Van Halen wars," post-1985 hurting the original bands' legacy, in the long-term, as well... The refusal to re-name the band - understandable, as it's two members' last name - and soldiering onward in a spirit, all of the while publicly undercutting the abilities and contributions of an integral member of the original band... It made for good copy at the time, but... First, it hurt David Lee Roth, and in turn, it undercut the legacy/perception of the original band, and then ultimately, post-'96 MTV awards, it hurt everyone involved.).

No such things ever happened to Led Zeppelin... Jimmy Page was not on MTV every other week talking trash about Robert Plant, nor vice versa, nor were Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin fans are unified - have been for a long time, and still are; Van Halen fans are fractious - and we see that daily.

The reaction you saw to the original Van Halen walking onstage at the '96 MTV Awards - despite years of denigrating each other - THAT is what a real Van Halen reunion would've achieved. A stadium tour - as big as a Led Zeppelin reunion, absolutely.

Now..? As far as most people are concerned, Van Halen is reunited; however... Most people also know about Michael Anthony, and most people also have a much different conception of Eddie Van Halen as a person, post-'96 - combine that with the public perception that Eddie, Alex, Mike, and Sammy helped to shape of David Lee Roth...

In other words, the original Van Halen - despite having a musical legacy that's equal to Led Zeppelin's - made its bed, and thus is perceived very differently at the moment... 30 years from now? The music will be talking by then, instead of Eddie Van Halen, so -- things are looking up big-time for VH's legacy.

Moral: think twice before you talk loads of shit about someone, because that shit will come back to you -- no matter how great you are/were, and no matter how incincible you may feel at a given moment. (Note to Axl and Slash.)
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

To the original question: yes, there will be "the numbers" to support the "original Van Halen tour we all want."

Regardless of whether a reunited Van Halen and Led Zeppelin play Boston Garden on back-to-back nights, both shows will sell-out - quickly.

Sales-wise, the difference between a tour with Wolfgang Van Halen and Michael Anthony - currently - is approximately the difference between playing to a 95% capacity arena and a 100% capacity arena.

That said - in terms of the next tour; legacy; history; and all of that stuff - the difference between Van Halen playing with Michael Anthony and Wolfgang Van Halen - is huge, especially if we're talking in terms of "last Van Halen tour."

Unlike the Rolling Stones, who shoved Wyman out there for 2 tunes during certain shows last year, the original Van Halen needs closure more than any other of the great, all-time bands -- and if Van Halen does that closure correctly, they will be likely be thought of as the greatest American rock band... Probably of all-time.
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    There will be no Led Zep reunion. It's another one of Robert Plant's comments where he jerks off the public.
    That's just Robert being Robert.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN FAN2 View Post

Last month you said DLR sucks and they should get a new singer. Now you're placing him up alonside Robert Plant. What changed. That Dave mentioned Micheal Anthony's name.

Anyhow, both of these reunions should of happened 6 years ago. But who knows, maybe they will get it together afterall.

It's possible that Robert Plant had a change of heart after they recieved an overwhelming amount of love from the recent Kennedy Honours, as well as the success and positive praise from the new live dvd. I hope it happens, better late than never.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Led Zepp reunion would be the biggest tour ever. The tickets are going to be hard as fuck to get. And outrageously priced.

But I'd go. In a second.