Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Some of you so called fans need a reality check,

Allow me to rant if you will! Collabaritive albums have been "all the rage" this past year in the muscic bizz. It started way before the huge success of the Santana album. Mark knoffler's latest offering featured people like James Taylor, and Van Morrison. Also, my choice for album of the year, The Deep End from the great Government Mule featured Flea, John Entwisle, Bootsy Collins, Jack Bruce, Gregg Allman, Derek Trucks and numerous others. I would love to see VH do something similar. Not necessarily just vocalists either, guest guitarists for instance. Picture Edward jamming with Lukather or Jerry Cantrell, or my dream, Warren Haynes. Hell have DLr and/or Hagar each do a tune. I for one would buy it in a minute. I think its exactly what the band needs to go out with a bang. Imagine the people who would line up to play with VH. Of course it would be mandatory to hear Edward and Dweezil kicking it. Anyway, open your minds for a moment and just think of the possibilities.....Peace [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ February 12, 2002 at 08:52 AM: Message edited by: chain ]</p>
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

The only real bad part about it is if there were to be some cool songs that became very popular, the chances of hearing them live with the same singer that sang it on the album, is limited to awards type shows on tv and an occasional appearance by that singer at a concert here and there.

I guess it would great for the fans who don't care about seeing a live version of the song. One guest performer on an album is more fan friendly than a whole album of guest appearances, at least to me.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Originally posted by chain:

And let me guess, you're the one with the ability to bring us back to our senses, uh?

Allow me to rant if you will! Collabaritive albums have been "all the rage" this past year in the muscic bizz. It started way before the huge success of the Santana album. Mark knoffler's latest offering featured people like James Taylor, and Van Morrison. Also, my choice for album of the year, The Deep End from the great Government Mule featured Flea, John Entwisle, Bootsy Collins, Jack Bruce, Gregg Allman, Derek Trucks and numerous others. I would love to see VH do something similar. Not necessarily just vocalists either, guest guitarists for instance. Picture Edward jamming with Lukather or Jerry Cantrell, or my dream, Warren Haynes. Hell have DLr and/or Hagar each do a tune. I for one would buy it in a minute. I think its exactly what the band needs to go out with a bang. Imagine the people who would line up to play with VH. Of course it would be mandatory to hear Edward and Dweezil kicking it. Anyway, open your minds for a moment and just think of the possibilities.....Peace [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Hmmmmmmmm...I thought about it for a moment but my mind is full of other garbage and thus, I reject your suggestion.
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gov't Mule did it as a tribute to the very DEAD Allen Woody(their former bassist, and Allman Brother Bassist)...

also Knofler is friends with those guys, being that he IS a singer, it's very different...

your idea sounds like a fine EVH solo album, but not a VAN HALEN album...

[ February 12, 2002 at 09:39 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem I have with a guest singer album is that it won't be a Van Halen album.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    The problem I have with a guest singer album is that it won't be a Van Halen album.
    They've been doing it for the past 17 years?
    Your favorite band sucks.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by xaminer:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dj88:
    They've been doing it for the past 17 years?</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah and they've all sucked.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Hey DLR's Cock, are you an ABB fan?

If so, its nice to find a fellow fan here on the links. Also, what is your take on the Government Mule CD I referenced in my initial post? I'll be seeing them very soon at The LandMark in Syracuse, NY February 23rd. Also, you've probably heard the Brothers have a new CD in the can and are supposedly shopping around for a record deal.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

God damn, chain! You're hysterical. You crack me up. Collaborative album. Ha ha ha. (You are kidding, .....right?)
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and if Mark Knopfler released that disc under the name of Dire Straits, there would be the same kind of shitstorm as VH fans are stirring up.

we're allowed to be "fans" and not like everything a band does.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I think this would be great!! I make it no secret but personally I feel vocals are a secondary element in my mental mix... I admit a necessary-evil element from a certain perspective.

One of my favorite quotes:

Lyrics are just the filler between solo's!!!

The touring or lack of touring to support a guest vocalist album can be an issue. But on the other hand I'd rather hear new music with no supporting tour than nothing at all. Anybody remember that little ole band from Liverpool that turned out some of their best music and didn't tour to support it and still outsold the competition for years...

I still think the collaboration between Santana and Clapton on SuperNatural was the hottest song on the album... of course you never heard that one get much airplay... mostly an instrumental.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's funny if you would have been able to tell Van Halen in 1982 that one day they would make an album with a bunch of fucken guest singers because they couldn't keep anyone on board, they'd have laughed their asses off. All I have to say is please don't call it a VH album. Call it Eddie Van Halen 2 (Eddie Van Halen 1 being VH 3). If they consider themselves a live band (as said for years), then what the fuck is the point of this type of album?? You can't tour with 12 singers!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This idea is a joke and it wouldn't be Van Halen. Who on Earth who want to hear all these singers? Why not have a proper singer sing with this band. It would just force the band to dig another grave.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

chain,
    I'd have to agree with everyone else, it might not be a good idea with VH. You think people are crying now, it would be pretty ugly around here. They couldn't do it under the VH name. It would have to be Eddie Van Halen & Friends. Personally I could deal with it for an album, at least until they got their shit together with Dave, but the majority of the fan base would be pissed. One thing that worries me about this idea is that we might get another piece of shit album like that garbage Santana released. No thanks!

Since you brought up the Mule [img]tongue.gif[/img] .....The Deep End FUCKIN' RULES!!!! I can't wait until Vol.2 & the DVD. I'm going to see them on the 21st in Toledo, unfortunately they're not coming to Michigan this time around. Also the best concert I've ever been to was the "One For Woody" show at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. 6 hours of The Allmans, The Crowes, Phil & Friends & all the special guests. It's just too bad we had to lose Woody for this show to happen. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] It was such a shame about Woody, he was the best bass player I had ever witnessed....PURE THUNDER!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Also, Warren Haynes is the "Heavyweight Champ" on guitar. NO ONE can touch Warren right now, he's simply the best.

where's my Mule????

[ February 12, 2002 at 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Rod Dangle ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by: chain
    Collabaritive albums have been "all the rage" this past year in the muscic bizz.

Who gives a shit about what's been "all the rage?" I don't want trends. I want Van Halen.

It started way before the huge success of the Santana album. Mark knoffler's latest offering featured people like James Taylor, and Van Morrison. Also, my choice for album of the year, The Deep End from the great Government Mule featured Flea, John Entwisle, Bootsy Collins, Jack Bruce, Gregg Allman, Derek Trucks and numerous others

Neither do I give a shit about nostalgia acts. Van Halen will NOT turn into "KISS featuring special guests."