Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:20 AM
    Liked 777 Times in 312 Posts

Default 4th Grader Brings Home Adult-Themed Homework About Infidelity

A 4th grade student at the Playa Del Rey Elementary School in Arizona said she was a little shocked when she opened up her homework assignment last week.

Not quite the reading material the 10-year-old was probably used to, the worksheet asked her to explain what was happening in a situation where a woman finds another womans hair clip under the bed.

It was shocking that [they] would actually put that on a 4th graders homework, Kyera McCloskey told ABC 15 with precocious maturity. I kinda had my mom help me with the answer a little bit, because I didnt want to go too deep into what the question was trying to ask me

In the end, she wrote: The husband had cheated, and he was in big trouble.

When Kyeras mother Heather Nicks informed the school district, she was told the teacher hadnt written the assignment, and merely skimmed it before passing it out. The teacher immediately apologized to all the parents in the class, and the school denounced the assignment.

But Nicks still wasnt pleased.

If my kid turned in an assignment and they skimmed it, theyd get in trouble for it, theyd get a bad grade, she said. Thats not a subject matter that the school needs to bring up to my child.

A school representative informed TheBlaze over the phone that the assignment was not part of the school curriculum, which the board approves, but was part of an online curriculum that the teacher had used in the past with great success.

The teacher had utilized all the board-approved materials to teach inferences and, as she is allowed to do, sought additional outside material.

She downloaded a worksheet, but unfortunately she read the first two scenarios but did not read the last two, the Playa Del Rey Elementary School representative told us.

The assignment has since been removed from the website, she said, but declined to provide the name of the site.

This is not condoned in any way, she concluded, noting that the school has repeatedly apologized. Wed like to be done with it and move on.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 09:01 AM
    Liked 1,531 Times in 619 Posts

Premium Member

Sounds to me like the teacher found another woman's hair clip under her and her husbands bed. Decided to prove a point to him that even a 4th grader could figure out what was going on.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 11,006 Times in 5,407 Posts

Premium Member

Have we always been this stupid?

How did we ever make it out of the stone age? Makes me believe more and more than some alien culture somehow helped us along, because there is no fucking way we even discovered fire without some help.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!