Register
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Default Palin: Obama Should 'Pay His Respects' to Chris Kyle with 'Gesture of Condolence'

Sarah Palin called on President Barack Obama to "pay his respects" to slain American hero Chris Kyle with "some gesture of condolence" before she, along with her husband, Todd, attended Kyle's public memorial and funeral service in Dallas, TX Monday at Cowboys Stadium. The Palins became good friends with Kyle in the past two years.
    Kyle, the former Navy SEAL and author of American Sniper, a New York Times bestseller, was murdered on February 2 at a Texas gun range, allegedly by a former Marine suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) whom Kyle was trying to help.

In a Facebook note, Palin wrote she found it "sad to see that flags aren’t flying at half staff for this American hero" and hoped Obama "pays his respects in some gesture of condolence" for someone who "sacrificed so much to keep him and all of us safe."

Obama has publicly acknowledged people like Sandra Fluke and famous rappers, but he is not attending Kyle's funeral and did not issue a statement after Kyle's death.

"We may never know to what extent Chris kept us free or how many lives he saved by his brave actions in the line of fire. But his fellow warriors know how important he was. My son Track couldn’t meet Chris when Todd and I first met him because Track was deployed to Iraq," Palin wrote. "Then when we got to know Chris even better, our son was deployed in Afghanistan. We’ve met a lot of people in recent years, and Track has been privileged to meet them as well. But he said about Chris, 'Mom, he’s the ONE person in the entire world I would be star-struck to meet. He’s it.'"

Palin first met Kyle during the premiere of Stephen K. Bannon's "The Undefeated" movie in Pella, Iowa in 2011. Kyle was in charge of security for that event.

After attending the funeral, Palin suggested ways to honor and remember Kyle and, in another Facebook posting, wrote:

It was a beautiful memorial service for Chris Kyle at Cowboys Stadium this afternoon. What a celebration of a great life! All in all, is there a finer human being who has crossed the 50-yard line star in Texas than Chris Kyle? Please click on the following link for information on how we can help out the families of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield. As patriotic Americans, this is a tangible way to show appreciation and support for good people. On a personal note, I thank you who've sent birthday greetings today, and it would be awesome if you'd join me in supporting the families of these heroes by helping them out!

The Palins got to know Kyle better when Todd Palin was on the show "Stars Earn Stripes" with Kyle. The Palins, along with the rest of the cast, spent a lot of time on set with Kyle's family. Kyle was the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history.

"God bless this great warrior," Palin said. "Let us keep his wife and children in our prayers, and may we never forget him or his sacrifice."

Whatever you think of her, SHE'S RIGHT ON THE MONEY HERE.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all
    Favorite VH Song

Romney's Cryin'
    Last Online

02.26.13 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sarah who?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

I am sure some will take this the wrong way, but every American soldier is not an "American Hero".

The President of the United States can't attend every funeral or make comments every time a soldier passes away. Dear God, if we held Presidents to that standard, FDR would have been doing nothing but giving condolences 24/7.

I am not a big fan of the current President either, but let's not just make up reasons out of thin air to be pissed off at him.

And Palin...don't get me started.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Chris Kyle was not just any American soldier.

Who Was Chris Kyle, America's Deadliest Sniper?

Many Americans are only now hearing about the legendary exploits of former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, who was killed in Texas Sunday, but Kyle earned a reputation as a hero among his colleagues and a terror to his enemies years ago on distant battlefields.

With more than 150 confirmed kills, Kyle was undisputedly the deadliest sniper in American history before he left the military in 2009. He wreaked such havoc on Iraqi insurgents during the Iraq War that they reportedly nicknamed him the Devil of Ramadi and put a $20,000 bounty on his head.

In his memoir, "American Sniper," published early last year, Kyle wrote about what was to become his most famous shot -- taking out an RPG-wielding insurgent at 2,100 yards. The kill was one of the longest sniper shots in history. At such distances, snipers have to take the rotation of the earth into account when making their calculations.

"Maybe the way I jerked the trigger to the right adjusted for the wind... Maybe gravity shifted and put that bullet right where it had to be," he wrote.

Brandon Webb, who helped instruct Kyle in the SEAL sniper course early in his career, told ABC News Kyle may go down in history "as one of the world's most accomplished military snipers," but he always remained humble.

"He didn't want to publicize the number of kills," Webb said on "Good Morning America." "It was about the lives he saved in Iraq."

In his own memoir called "The Red Circle," Webb writes that Kyle was "a classic example of a Spec[ial] Ops guy."

"A book you definitely do not want to judge by its cover," he said. "A quiet guy, he is unassuming, mild-mannered and soft-spoken… Walk past Chris Kyle on the street and you would not have the faintest sense that you'd just strolled by the deadliest marksman in U.S. military history."

Webb writes that Kyle survived being shot twice, being blown up in six separate Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosions and receiving "multiple" wounds from rocket-propelled grenades and other explosives.

Scott McEwen, co-author of "American Sniper," said that no matter the number of kills, remembering Kyle for the how many Iraqi insurgents he shot misstates his legacy.

"His legacy is not one of being the most lethal sniper in United States history," McEwen said. "In my opinion, his legacy is one of saving lives in a very difficult situation where Americans were going to be killed if he was not able to do his job."

Kyle's service continued when he was out of the military, after serving four tours in Iraq and earning two Silver Stars.

Webb said Kyle had some difficulty adjusting to civilian life, but rather than slowing down, his struggles led him to help others deal with post-traumatic stress. Kyle was also the co-founder of the non-profit FITCO Cares that gave in-home fitness equipment to wounded veterans.

It may have been during this call to service that Kyle died, serving his fellow veterans. Police said Kyle was gunned down by 25-year-old former Marine Eddie Ray Routh. Travis Cox, director of FITCO, told The Associated Press that he understood Kyle and another friend were helping Routh through PTSD.

Eric Davis, who was Kyle's direct instructor at the SEAL sniper course, said that from his own book and from Kyle's appearance in other military memoirs, Kyle comes off as a consummate professional and an earnest man

Davis wrote today that the picture Americans are slowly getting of his star student is just right.

"Often times the impression we get from someone's public persona can be very different from who they actually are," Davis wrote on the special operations website SOFREP.com. "[T]he Chris Kyle that you read about in books, watch on interviews, and will be reading about for years to come is not some made-up public persona... [That's] who Chris Kyle really was."

In a September 2012 interview posted on SOFREP.com, Kyle said that 100 percent of the profit he received from his memoir goes to the families of fellow American service members featured in the book who were killed in action.

"The book definitely -- it's my stories and it has their stories in it, but I'm trying to highlight the people who were the true heroes. And I don't consider myself one of those guys," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/chris-...ry?id=18401566
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

He saved lots of lives, so do firefighters, doctors, and many other professions. It is not the job of the POTUS to go to funerals and give condolences in most instances, at least in my opinion.

There are plenty of things wrong with this Presidency, but this isn't one of them.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Then I guess the days of honoring our military heroes are over. As an Infantryman, I can tell you that we feel that most people do not fully understand the sacrifices we make for our countrymen. A simple statement honoring his service would suffice. If a President can lower the flags at half staff for the death of a drug addicted pop singer, then surely he can do the same for one of America's finest.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,389 Times in 763 Posts

So the woman who could see Russia from her house is lecturing the guy who got Bin Laden? Er... ok.

Also I'm suspicious of anyone who names their son "Track." Sorry, but it's been bothering me for a while.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    So the woman who could see Russia from her house is lecturing the guy who got Bin Laden? Er... ok.

Also I'm suspicious of anyone who names their son "Track." Sorry, but it's been bothering me for a while.
    No, she was not speaking to the guy who got Bin Laden. She was addressing the President.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

You don't like Obama. Jesus fucking Christ dude. We get it. You don't like anything he does. We got it after your first 5 goddamn "Obama sucks" threads.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    You don't like Obama. Jesus fucking Christ dude. We get it. You don't like anything he does. We got it after your first 5 goddamn "Obama sucks" threads.
    This is about Chris Kyle's death not being recognized by the Commander in Chief. It doesn't matter who the president is, I feel it is a shame.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Ok, so how many SEALS that have died in the past have former Presidents attended the funeral for?

If you can show me that it is a normal operating procedure for the POTUS to go to SEAL team member funerals, then I will say he has exercised a breach in standard protocol.

Otherwise, I will think it is the standard "we hate how Obama does everything" program.

And why are we as a country still giving a damn what Sarah Palin has to say about anything?

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 314 Times in 157 Posts

Floating around Facebook today:

Don't shoot the messenger!

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Ok, so how many SEALS that have died in the past have former Presidents attended the funeral for?

If you can show me that it is a normal operating procedure for the POTUS to go to SEAL team member funerals, then I will say he has exercised a breach in standard protocol.

Otherwise, I will think it is the standard "we hate how Obama does everything" program.

And why are we as a country still giving a damn what Sarah Palin has to say about anything?
    DD, this isn't typical anti Obama stuff. This man is a TRUE military hero who was the greatest sniper in American military history. Maybe I'm taking it differently because I am an Infantry veteran. There was a time when we revered our military heroes. This guy will be remembered in the military world just like the Red Baron is. He wasn't just another SEAL.

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:49 AM
    Liked 11,581 Times in 4,936 Posts

You're right.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com