Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default 2013 State of the Union address

Rocker Ted Nugent - who vehemently opposes President Barack Obama - will attend tonight’s State of the Union address as a guest of Republican Texas Rep. Steve Stockman.

Nugent has called Obama “evil” and last year was investigated by the Secret Service after making what was perceived as a veiled threat against the president.

Nugent is an avid supporter of gun rights and will be on hand to hear Obama talk about gun control in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

The State of the Union address will be live tonight on major TV channels and online at 9 p.m. EST.

State of the Union 2013: President Obama's Speech is Just the Beginning

The President's speech is just the beginning; the White House is thrilled to introduce a new tool called Citizen Response that lets you highlight a passage from the State of the Union Address, tell the President how you're connected to that issue and then share that specific part with your friends.

Citizen Response isn't the only thing that will launch when the President finishes speaking. As soon as the speech ends, we'll kick off a discussion about what President Obama said and answer your questions. More than 2,000 people from around the country applied for their chance to join this special #WHSocial in person, and 100 White House followers on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ representing more than 20 states and from as far as California and Texas have been invited to watch the speech live from the White House and participate in a panel discussion. The panel will be broadcast immediately after the speech on WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU, and you can ask your questions using #WHChat or posting to our Google+ page.

There's a lot happening on Tuesday, but it's only the beginning.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/...just-beginning
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Rocker Ted Nugent - who vehemently opposes President Barack Obama - will attend tonight’s State of the Union address as a guest of Republican Texas Rep. Steve Stockman.
    Oh, this oughta be interesting.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

Hopefully he is respectful.

The State of the Union address is not a place for yelling out from the crowd as some Senators and Representatives have done in the past.

Also, I prefer how State of the Unions USED to be done, as in, well, a speach outlying the current State of the Union, instead of the political pandering platform that it has become.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

I'm sure Ted will be respectful. No way I will watch yet another Campaign like speech from our Illustrious Teflon Don president. He will likely pander to his supporters and demonize once again the Republican party for their unwillingness to compromise, all the while he is the one who refuses to budge from his beliefs. Hell, he wont even take place in a discussion about raising the debt ceiling. He's a self serving blowhard and I can't wait for his final term to be over so we can move on hopefully in the Right direction.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

I find it ironic that Obama is going to have the mother of the girl gunned down in Chicago as a political pawn on which to make his argument for gun control. I wonder how he rationalizes in his own mind how in his hometown of Chicago they have not just curbed gun rights--they have banned guns altogether--and yet the girl was still shot. If anything, the mother is exhibit A on why cracking down on legal gun owners is not the solution.

As for the rest of the speech, I'm sure we're in for more of the same: rich need to pay their fair share, the children are our future and we need to "invest" (read: spend more money we don't have) in education, roads, bridges, and other pieces of nebulous infrastructure. We'll hear that guns kill people, illegal immigrants are just undocumented workers, and Wall Street is cheating Main Street. We'll hear that spending isn't a problem but revenue is, that he is willing to compromise as long as everyone just agrees with him, and we'll hear that we need more job programs for veterans despite the fact we have 15 of them already. We'll hear that the economy is "heading in the right direction, but there is more work to do" (despite the evidence to the contrary), that America does best when everyone succeeds (wow, that's insightful), and that Bush and the Republicans are to blame for everything bad and he's just trying to fix it.

Basically, we'll hear everything we've heard the last 4 years with no new ideas, no compromise, and no acceptance of responsibility for the problems we have.

No thanks, I have better things to do. For those that want to skip it, let me give you the three sentence cliff notes:

The State of the Union: shitty. The forecast: still shitty. Obama's solution: We tried everything already...blame someone else!

End of speech.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Teds a douche bag he should fit in fine with all the inside the beltway douche bags.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Won't be watching - have to watch the Caps vs. Panthers at 7pm, Top Gear at 9pm, and Justified at 10pm. Don't want to hear the complete bs that is gonna be slung around tonight during the SOTU and the GOP's response.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

That the GOP leadership hasn't talked Stockman out of this, or perhaps approves of it, just shows how stupid the GOP is. Really? You bring a guy who was talked to by the Secret Service regarding a threat and has also said some pretty terrible things about Hilary Clinton?

From Jefferson to Wilson, the SOTU was written to Congress. Can we go back to that?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Rather than have Ted Nugent, it would be more insightful to have any one of the 2.1 million people every year that use their gun in self defense (according the FBI's 2010 data).
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

You should see Stockman's fb page....people are spamming him pretty hard on there.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

I'll probably tune in for a little bit.

I'm sure I'll hear my mother-in-law getting pissed off as she watches it and then turns to Fox News.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

Premium Member

My cousin, a southern Republican, is trying to tell me how wrong I am, that Nugent attending is the best thing Republicans could have done. He says that when he's interviewed after, "when you expect crazy and get intelligence, that's when the message is most effective."

Also, has no issues with him having said in concert for Obama to "suck" on his rifle or Hilary Clinton to "ride" his rifle, nor having been talked to by Secret Service about a threat other than the suck on his rifle, and attending tonight.

This is why the GOP is DOA. They're fucking tone deaf.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 11,787 Times in 6,533 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    My cousin, a southern Republican, is trying to tell me how wrong I am, that Nugent attending is the best thing Republicans could have done. He says that when he's interviewed after, "when you expect crazy and get intelligence, that's when the message is most effective."

Also, has no issues with him having said in concert for Obama to "suck" on his rifle or Hilary Clinton to "ride" his rifle, nor having been talked to by Secret Service about a threat other than the suck on his rifle, and attending tonight.

This is why the GOP is DOA. They're fucking tone deaf.
    Dude, they were ridiculed for even sending them to visit Nugent. He was onstage during a performance for crying out loud. Madonna and countless other jackasses said worse stuff against Bush and nobody bothered them.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Dude, they were ridiculed for even sending them to visit Nugent. He was onstage during a performance for crying out loud. Madonna and countless other jackasses said worse stuff against Bush and nobody bothered them.
    Actually, they visited him over what he said in an interview at an NRA convention. He said, "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," which in and of itself is a mostly innocuous metaphor, But then he followed that up with saying that he'd be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama were to be re-elected. It was that ambiguity that made what he said a bit murky.

Even Nugent himself, despite us all pretty much knowing he wasn't going to shoot Obama, acknowledged that the Secret Service was bound to follow up. "They had to ask basic questions about what I believe and what I meant,” he said. "They were doing their jobs."

That's on top of other the things he's said (Obama should suck on his rifle, Hilary should ride it). I don't have a problem with Nugent, but Republicans are suffering from an image problem. It's just flat out inappropriate to bring him.

Sorry, but if some famous celebrity leftist had been contacted by Secret Service over perceived threats and further said onstage the same euphemism about both killing him/sucking on his dick/rifle and wanted to stick a gun up Condy Rice's pussy, might it be inappropriate for a Democrat to bring him to the SOTU? I'd say yes.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

A Sandy Hook Elementary School first-grade teacher is planning to attend the president's State of the Union address as a guest of first lady Michelle Obama.

Kaitlin Roig of Greenwich will be among the guests seated in the first lady's box for today's address.

Roig has taught at the school in Newtown, Conn. for six years. On the day of the massacre, she rushed her students into a bathroom and used a bookshelf to barricade the door.

A gunman who shot his way into the school on Dec. 14 killed 20 first-grade students and six women before committing suicide.

Washington officials are bringing several other people affected by the tragedy to the address, including a teacher who was shot but survived and the brother of a teacher who was killed.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton