Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:00 AM
    Liked 11,786 Times in 6,532 Posts

Premium Member

Default Doctor Slams National Debt, Political Correctness, And Health Care In Front Of Pres.

•Dr. Benjamin Carson delivered a noteworthy National Prayer Breakfast keynote speech in President Barack Obama’s presence
    •Carson attacked political correctness as a “dangerous” threat to free speech and encouraged Americans to boldly share their views
    •The pediatric neurosurgeon also provided his theories about the national debt, deficits, taxation and health care, taking stances that were opposed to the president’s
    •Obama watched intently as Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes

One of the more unique speeches delivered at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast came from Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Taking the stage before President Barack Obama’s faith-filled address, Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes, tackling issues ranging from education to personal responsibility. His keynote, while predicated upon the theme of Jesus Christ as his ultimate role model, also took a starkly political tone, advocating against some of the very policies the president has implemented.

At the beginning of his speech, Carson shared an intense disdain for political correctness. Without getting too specific on the issue front, he said that Americans should stop being afraid to speak up and defend their beliefs; he also encouraged people to respect the individuals they disagree with. Carson held little back, condemning political correctness as “a horrible thing” that is “dangerous,” as it hampers freedom of thought and expression.

“We’ve reached a point where people are actually afraid to talk about what they want to say, because somebody might be offended,” Carson said, noting the example of people refraining from saying “Merry Christmas.” “We’ve got to get over this sensitivity and it keeps people from saying what they really believe.”

Carson encouraged discussion about societal issues, also pointing out education as an essential conundrum the country needs to confront. He highlighted his own path from poverty to success, sharing very personal details about his parents and early family life and subsequently described the importance of helping students seeking to advance academically through his Carson Scholars Fund.

The speech took an interesting turn when the doctor cautioned that moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility can have dire consequences — even for powerful countries like America. Here, he became even more pointed and impassioned.

“I think particularly about ancient Rome. Very powerful — nobody could even challenge them militarily…they destroyed themselves from within,” Carson continued. “Moral decay. Fiscal irresponsibility.”

While he said America’s issues are dire, he was positive that the nation can fix its ways, as there are bright and innovative people who simply need to come together to address the problems at hand.

“And one of our big problems right now…our deficit is a big problem,” he said, as Obama watched him intently. ”Think about it — and our national debt — $16 and a half trillion dollars.”

To illustrate just how massive the debt is, Carson told the audience that if they counted one number per second, it would take them 507,000 years to get to the sum total. The doctor said that the massive fiscal blunder is something that the nation must contend with. From there, he moved on to taxation, seemingly taking a stance in direct opposition to Obama’s.

“What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle,” he noted, going on to call for a simpler (i.e. flat tax) system. ”When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see — I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe.”

Carson progressed, seemingly comparing the tithe, at least in principal, to the flat tax system. Rather than continuing to tier taxes owed, he argued that everyone should pay the same proportion and that, through this fairer system, money sent by wealthier Americans for protection abroad should be brought back to America to help build infrastructure and create additional jobs.

The doctor also addressed medical care, advocating for health savings accounts and railing against the notion that Americans should be sending money into a large bureaucratic system.

You can watch the entire, 26-minute speech below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...esponsibility/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

I'm not going to watch all of that, but it's amazing at how much we spend to keep us free from outside terrorist while we rot from the inside. That's what we have heard... ESP since 9/11 is that we gotta stay free of those terrorists at any cost.

As far as political correctness goes, I'm more to the left than to the right, and I'm not PC.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 18,176 Times in 8,984 Posts

Dr. Carson was my son's doctor for his brain surgery, and let me tell you, you will never in your life meet a more intelligent, caring human being.

I love that man. I don't have time now to watch the video, I hope he didn't step on himself in it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

fantastic speech.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I met Dr Carson years ago great guy.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:40 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

GREAT speech.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Dr. Carson was my son's doctor for his brain surgery, and let me tell you, you will never in your life meet a more intelligent, caring human being.

I love that man. I don't have time now to watch the video, I hope he didn't step on himself in it.
    Wow, that's just awesome . Watch that speech when you get a chance because he hits it out of the park.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

That was wonderful... God Bless America!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Great speech! Wish there were more like him, " Running things".

And, hats off to our wonderful Prez! He appeared as if he would like to be any where but there!

Bless his heart.........

HH<--------come on 4 years------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default Dr. Carson: I'm Retiring In June, So It Does Open Up A Lot Of Possibilities For Me

Dr. Benjamin Carson appeared on Fox’s "Your World with Neil Cavuto" today to respond to criticism calling his National Prayer Day speech inappropriate and offensive. When Neil asked if the doctor would consider politics as a second career interestingly Carson responded he would be retiring in June

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

ATTENTION LEFT WINGERS -ATTACK
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Dr. Benjamin Carson appeared on Fox’s "Your World with Neil Cavuto" today to respond to criticism calling his National Prayer Day speech inappropriate and offensive. When Neil asked if the doctor would consider politics as a second career interestingly Carson responded he would be retiring in June

Truth and honesty = "inappropriate and offensive"

Dr. Benjamin Carson -2016 !!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default IRS targeted Dr. Ben Carson after Prayer Breakfast speech

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Just months after he gave a speech earlier this year that challenged America’s leadership in President Obama’s presence, Dr. Ben Carson was targeted by IRS agents who requested to review his real estate holdings and then conducted a full audit without finding any wrongdoing.

“I guess it could be a coincidence, but I never had been audited before and never really had any encounters with the IRS,” Dr. Carson said in an interview Thursday with The Washington Times. “But it certainly would make one suspicious because we know now the IRS has been used for political purposes and therefore actions like this come under suspicion.”

Dr. Carson is a world-renown neurosurgeon whose rise from poverty and a single family home, and his medical work with pediatric patients was celebrated in a movie called “Gifted Hands.”

He has electrified the conservative world with speeches and columns since his February National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of Mr. Obama, in which he decried the “moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility” of America in recent years. He writes a weekly column for The Times.

Dr. Carson first hinted at the problem earlier this week during a speech in Alabama when he made a vague reference to having his first “encounter with the IRS” earlier this year.

Dr. Carson told The Times that IRS agents contacted him in June — less than four months after the speech — and requested to review his real estate holdings. After finding nothing that concerned them, the agents then informed him they were conducting a full audit of his finances, and then asked to go back an additional year to review his records, he said.

They finally ended the review in August after finding no problems, Dr. Carson said.

“They told me everything was in good standing and left,” he said.

Asked whether he thought the audit was a retaliation for his speech, Dr. Carson quipped: “I guess I’m surprised it took them that long.”

He said the more serious issue is that the IRS has been politicized — “something that should never have happened” — and that leaves all of its activities open to suspicion.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2gfeLQHyZ
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 AM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

That is the man who should be President. Fuck obama.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

You know, the GOP really needs to convince this guy to run for the House. Get him a few years experience.

Give this guy some time to familiarize himself with the federal government and foreign policy and groom him. Put him on a bill with a Black female VP (say Condoleezza Rice) and force the left to shun them.

Put the left in the same position they've put the right. Oh, you disagree with them? You're racist. And sexist.