Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen has been a dead issue for a while now, and we the FANS are basically doing all we can to keep the machine going.

What is making me a little pissed is the use of some boards on this website. I have been a big fan of the band and these excellent forums but WHY do most topics that look interesting get shifted to other boards like "Opinions and Spec" and then just die out. At the moment Van Halen is very much becoming a thing of the past.

So to the mods let me ask this question...

"Why don't we just have a real VH discussion board, let the people open up and let there true feeling be explored and not have some very good topics die out in basically dead areas of the website??

"Jebe Ga"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 201 Posts

i'm not a mod but i'll chime in if i may...

the op/spec forum is a good forum if people paid more attention to it. i've spoken with a few mods who wished that forum got more traffic but it doesn't. i suppose you could draw your own conclusions as to why that happens.

the "main" forum generates more traffic probably because of the content of the thread, or, better yet, the title of the thread. for example, a thread in main called "mikey jams with atomic punks" will carry more weight than "where is eddie". that's how i see it.

personally i think the op/spec forum is good so the main forum doesn't get so darn cluttered. but when it comes down to it, the op/spec forum isn't utilized half as well as the other forums as far as discussion goes. the op/spec forums will usually see it share of flaming. i thought the acdc/vh thread would be a perfect fit for op/ know...who do you think has a greater impact? but tell ya what. if it got moved would just die off.

i think if we gave the op/spec forum more attention, it'd be a great forum. until then, it's a moot point as far as i can see. don't get me wrong, there some good dialgoue there form time to time, but it's not as appealing to the masses

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Premium Member
    Your pretty obviously just reacting to me moving a topic of yours to opinions yesterday. This One. All you do is have a good ole rant bout DLR. Thats fine but it's gonna get moved.

If you don't like the way we do things here, feel free to run your own board and do it any way you like.

Ideally I should move this to the feedback forum, but you don't seem to like having topics moved so I'll just close it.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......