Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default Legal Immigrants Must-Watch Testimony Against Gun Control: Few Saw the Third Reich

During a public hearing on gun violence in Hartford, Conn. on Monday, a legal immigrant by the name of Henson Ong issued a passionate defense of the Second Amendment and argued that gun control simply does not work. The video of Ongs testimony has already surpassed 130,000 views on YouTube.

Forgive me, English is not my first language. I am a legal immigrant and I am an American by choice, he began, prompting applause from the audience.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express my opinion and give my testimony in opposition to the majority of the proposed bills, which do nothing to deter future crimes, he added. Gun control doesnt work.

Ong then launched into a impassioned diatribe about what he considers to be the real problem fueling gun gun violence societal decay.

Your own history is replete with high school rifle teams, boy scout marksmanship merit badges, he explained. You could buy rifles at hardware stores, you could order them your country was awash in readily available firearms and ammunition, and yet in your past you did not have mass school shootings*.

What changed? he asked. It was not that the availability of guns suddenly exploded or increased, it actually was decreased. What changed was societal decay, he added, resulting in more applause.

Ong pointed to the Washington, D.C. and Chicago as two cities with some of the strictest gun laws but also the highest crime and murder rates.

If gun control actually did work, Washington, D.C. and Chicago would be the safest cities in your nation. But [they are] not, they have the toughest gun laws and the highest crime and murder rates, he said.

Ong also defended Americans right to own so-called assault rifles, which are really just semi-automatic rifles. Citing a recent purchase of 7,000 5.56x45mm NATO personal defense weapons by the Department of Homeland Security, he noted how the agency described the weapons as suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.

He went on: Had the Koreans in the LA riots not had AR-15s and AK-47s with 30-round magazines and Ruger 30s their businesses would have burnt to the ground like all the other businesses in their neighborhoods. Theirs stood because they stood their ground.

Driving a point home that many U.S. lawmakers dont even seem to fully understand, the legal immigrant stated definitively that the Second Amendments purpose was not for hunting.

In closing, Ong quoted a famous statement by Judge Alex Kozinski in his dissent on the case of Silveira v. Lockye in 2002.

My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime usually do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed only for those exceptionally rare circumstances when all other rights have failed. A free people can only afford to make this mistake once.

Ong ended his testimony to applause from the audience.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ol-in-america/
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

We are making all the other mistakes that great empires have made before us, why stop now?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Ong pointed to the Washington, D.C. and Chicago as two cities with some of the strictest gun laws but also the highest crime and murder rates.

If gun control actually did work, Washington, D.C. and Chicago would be the safest cities in your nation. But [they are] not, they have the toughest gun laws and the highest crime and murder rates, he said.
    Dead on about that!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

LMAO!!!

WASHINGTON Is your workplace getting shot up by a crazed gunman?
    No problem just grab a pair of scissors and fight back!

Thats some of the helpful advice in a new instructional video from the Department of Homeland Security that was posted on the agencys Web site just a month after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...puVezePd6trYoM
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, Tokyo Dome In Concert, is available for purchase, and its super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:03 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

What often happens is a shithole of a city with lots of gun crime might introduce stronger gun control laws and do nothing else and think it'll solve the problem. It won't. The gun crime will remain and people will foolishly say "look - gun control causes crime". No morons it doesn't. I've heard some of the pro-gun people use this to make an argument - I'm hoping they are just being dishonest with stats and don't honestly believe it. Just like there's morons on the other end that think introducing gun control immediately stops gun crime (as if all the gang bangers will instantly turn into dentists and doctors once the law is passed). They'll look at Canada and say "look more gun control = less crime" and for the most part this is crap. Does it help a little bit? Sure. But anyone who thinks it's a catch-all for a complicated problem is too dumb to be making these decisions.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    We are making all the other mistakes that great empires have made before us, why stop now?
    Quadruple like.