Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Default IK Multimedia and their attitude towards their customers...

So, I've been a user of IK Multimedia's Amplitube software for a few years now. I've gone so far as to post my Van Halen tones on here as a recommendation. The product is still great, but I've recently begun to find their attitude towards their customers to be somewhat disdainful.

A few people on their forums, me included, have posted about a lack of updates to the Custom Shop software, particularly when IKM were doing a hard sell on the credits used to buy the virtual gear - you buy credits in bulk to save money, then spend them on amps, cabs, fx etc. Then I noticed a short thread I'd posted in about this had been deleted.

I was critical of IKM's lack of updates, but I was polite. The rest of the thread was in a similar in vein. But IKM deleted the thread. I and at least one other user posted in another thread about comments being removed, and how that wasn't cool. Lo and behold, zap, those posts are also deleted.

When a company deletes legitimate customer feedback from its forums just because it isn't entirely positive, it reveals the contempt that company has for the people who buy its products. It's not cool, and it pretty much guarantees bad word of mouth (like this) and lost customers.

The only reason I'm posting this here is I know IKM will delete it if I post on their forums. So now I'm looking for an Amplitube replacement...
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

I'm a fan of Ampkit for my iPhone. But I also love my old 5150 half stack.

What are you using Amplitube on?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I'm using it on a Windows desktop PC. It's become the core of my home studio setup because it's a great sounding product. I do have the iOS version for my iPhone, but the audio interface (iRig) lets it down due to noise etc. The issue right now seems to be that IKM have shifted their focus to iOS products to the detriment of the desktop software.

It's a shame, because I really like Amplitube. It just seems that companies hit on a great product, then let it stagnate. Line 6 did it with the Pod line - they were the trailblazers at one time, now they're lagging way behind. A big part of the appeal of Amplitube for me was that while any hardware solution would inevitably become dated, software should continually evolve. Not with Amplitube, it seems. They're content to continue selling amp models that date back at least five or six years.

I'm going to take another look at some hardware solutions now, particularly Eleven Rack and Axe FX.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I highly recomend the Fractal Axe FX Ultra. I use one for recording and love it. It does everything i need it to do and more and Fractal's support is second to none with regular firmware updates, patches etc. Also the tone exchange is fantastic for finding what ever tone you're looking for.

The Even Rack; I don't have first hand experience of it but I know Mrj uses one and to great effect too, he has some great tones coming from it, personally I think it's the only alternative worth considering if you're not going down the Axe FX route..

As for a software solution, I have Guitar Rig 5 on a couple of my laptops. It's very usable, has some great tones, low latency and well supported by the developers.
    Last edited by tommywho5150; 02.08.13 at 01:36 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 AM
    Liked 124 Times in 84 Posts

I've always liked Line's PodFarm. I've used it primarily as a plug in with Reaper using my PODxt Live as the USB interface. It's got good tones going on and it let's you do all sorts of effects routing and stereo amp setups.