Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default Report: Mississippi Children Handcuffed In School For Not Wearing A Belt

    Report: Mississippi Children Handcuffed In School For Not Wearing A Belt

    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...earing-a-belt/

    In 2000, what began with a few students playfully throwing peanuts at one another on a school bus ended in five Black male high school students being arrested for felony assault, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. When one of the peanuts accidentally hit the white female bus driver, the bus driver immediately pulled over to call the police, who diverted the bus to the courthouse where the students were questioned.
    The Sheriff commented to one newspaper, “[T]his time it was peanuts, but if we don’t get a handle on it, the next time it could be bodies.”
    More recently, in 2009 in Southaven, DeSoto County, armed police officers responded to an argument between three students on a school bus by reportedly arresting a half dozen Black students, choking and tackling one Black female student, and threatening to shoot the other students on the bus between their eyes.
    In 2010, in Jackson Public School District, until a lawsuit was filed, staff at one school regularly handcuffed students to metal railings in the school gymnasium and left them there for hours if they were caught not wearing a belt, among other minor infractions. For example, one 14-year-old boy was reportedly handcuffed to the railing when he wore a stocking cap to class, threw his papers on the ground, and refused to do his school work.

  2. #2
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,260
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,302 Times in 3,170 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    And? Next time follow the dress code.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    And? Next time follow the dress code.
    It's always sad how conseveratives pretend to be scared of facist ways, but they actually embrace those policies.

    It almost makes me want to be pro illegal so that we can hurry up and get rid of the southern conservative quicker.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 01.20.13 at 08:33 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    It's always sad how conseveratives pretend to be scared of facist ways, but they actually embrace those policies.



    It almost makes me want to be pro illegal so that we can hurry up and get rid of the southern conservative quicker.

    Yeah, when I think of a fascist the first thing I think of is their school uniform policy. My god you are something else.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Yeah, when I think of a fascist the first thing I think of is their school uniform policy. My god you are something else.
    Isn't it awesome that a kid got handcuffed to a metal railing for not wearing a belt?

    Because that is what is being talked about here. Truthfully, both right wing and left wing can contribute to facism.

    I stand by idea that uniforms are stupid. It will not stop bullying and largely it will force students that don't bully others to needlessly conform to something that probably will not make a huge difference.

    The truth is that all kids are not the same and pushing policies like this to carry on an illusion will probably lead to feeble results and possibly a slip slope that leads to more absurd measures... And if you don't think that can happen just look at the mess this country is in and you realize how easy it is for things to get fucked up.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 01.20.13 at 10:10 AM.

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,260
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,302 Times in 3,170 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    It's always sad how conseveratives pretend to be scared of facist ways, but they actually embrace those policies.

    It almost makes me want to be pro illegal so that we can hurry up and get rid of the southern conservative quicker.
    Whats really sad is you find fault with everything anyone posts. You post shit to suit your agenda, have nothing but disdain for anyone who disagrees with you and on top of that you're generally a prick. I don't know how we got by without your wisdom for so long.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Whats really sad is you find fault with everything anyone posts. You post shit to suit your agenda, have nothing but disdain for anyone who disagrees with you and on top of that you're generally a prick. I don't know how we got by without your wisdom for so long.
    Says the guy that would rather kids die than get any food via welfare.

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,260
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,302 Times in 3,170 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Says the guy that would rather kids die than get any food via welfare.
    Yup. It's called survival of the fitest. Don't have kids if you can't pay for them.

    That's all you got? Lol. Sad.

  9. #9
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Isn't it awesome that a kid got handcuffed to a metal railing for not wearing a belt?

    Because that is what is being talked about here. Truthfully, both right wing and left wing can contribute to facism.

    I stand by idea that uniforms are stupid. It will not stop bullying and largely it will force students that don't bully others to needlessly conform to something that probably will not make a huge difference.

    The truth is that all kids are not the same and pushing policies like this to carry on an illusion will probably lead to feeble results and possibly a slip slope that leads to more absurd measures... And if you don't think that can happen just look at the mess this country is in and you realize how easy it is for things to get fucked up.
    yeah, everyone thinks it's great that someone got handcuffed to a metal railing for not wearing a belt.

  10. #10
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Yup. It's called survival of the fitest. Don't have kids if you can't pay for them.

    That's all you got? Lol. Sad.
    I don't think you even believe that Fudd.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Yup. It's called survival of the fitest. Don't have kids if you can't pay for them.

    That's all you got? Lol. Sad.
    That doesn't help the kid with the shitty parent, now does it?

    It's a terrible thing that you have a child.

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    That doesn't help the kid with the shitty parent, now does it?

    It's a terrible thing that you have a child.
    you're skating on incredibly thin ice.

    That's a completely ingorant and classless thing to say (it's also incredibly wrong on a personal level as I know Fudd away from here).
    Last edited by It's Mike; 01.20.13 at 10:36 AM.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    yeah, everyone thinks it's great that someone got handcuffed to a metal railing for not wearing a belt.
    I was being sarcastic.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk rocknblues81's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,505
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:23 AM
    Likes
    558
    Liked 1,472 Times in 1,003 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    you're skating on incredibly thin ice.
    So you think it's good that someone who thinks like that has children?

  15. #15
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,080
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:29 AM
    Likes
    1,314
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    So you think it's good that someone who thinks like that has children?
    I think that Fudd will be a great father, provide that little girl with a stable home and pour so much love into that kid that she'll be just fine. If all fathers did that we wouldn't have the problems we have in society. I think that's kind of his point.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Florida mom shot children at point-blank range, used hollow point bullets: report
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05.24.12, 05:41 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10.24.10, 06:28 PM
  3. Another attack on Chinese school children...
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05.12.10, 04:48 PM
  4. Check out this belt.
    By Uncle Rico in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.21.06, 05:01 PM
  5. Who has children that started/start school today?
    By Bob_R in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09.05.02, 03:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •