On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dont let anyone try to convince you that VH, the man and the band, are somehow not known, not respected or not influencing today's groups/players. I recently read a guitar mag that did a Top 100 guitar players list. It was voted on by the public so some choices and rankings are ridiculous. Nonetheless, Edward VH still ranked no. 7 on the list! Considering he has been outta the spotlight for 4 years(which is like 10 years in music!), that is still pretty damn great. What's even more amazing is what some of the newer players said.

When asked to make their personal "Top 5 Guitarist Ever" list, Daron Malakian from SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Head from KORN & Jon 5 from MARILYN MANSON all listed Eddie VH in their Top 5! Legends like Brian May from QUEEN and Paul Gilbert from MR. BIG also listed Edward in their Top 5 list!
    I have also read over the last couple of years how so many newer guys are well aware of VH's legacy and state how they are fans of VH and are touched by VH. People like-

Stephen Carpenter - The Deftones
    Buckethead - Guns n' Roses/solo
    John Petrucci - Dream Theater
    Mike Mushok - Staind
    Mike Tempesta - Powerman 5000
    Rivers Cuomo - Weezer
    Morgan Lander - Kittie
    Dino Cazeres - Fear Factory
    Brett Scallions/Carl Bell - Fuel
    Mike Eizenger - Incubus
    Mark Tremonti - Creed
    Ramon Ortiz - Puya
    Jack Black - Tenacious D
    Tony Rombola - Godsmack
    Tom Morello - Rage Against The Machine

To name a few... And as I have stated before, the 5150 series is used by all from Buckethead to Union Underground. The EVH Music Man & Wolfie guitars are also popular. I also read about several shows the Foo Fighters did where Dave Grohl hired the Atomic Punks to open for them! I have also seen the lead singer of Hoobastank quote Diamond Dave onstage in concert. VH is very much recognized by people "in the know"... Its the media and press who seem to ignore them or not give them their due recently. And part of that does lie in the fact VH has been so damn silent for 4 years..

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

everybody knows a little halen... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

VH...It's not just a job...it's an ADVENTURE.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read an Interview in Blender Magazine with Puddle of Mudd and the lead singer is a big Van Halen Fan.I'm sure theres alot of bands out there that were fans of VH..How could ya not be? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

what i wanna know is, how many people in the music industry like this are actually closet vh fans. you knowm the ones who really like vh but won't admit it cuz they're not cool anymore?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure, lots of bands today say they like VH, too bad they can't make good music like VH.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In ESPN magazine's 1997 spring training issue, they polled baseball players of their favorite band. VH was the overwhelming favorite.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I believe what's going on in this thread is known as Singing to the choir!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Travis Hafner of the Oklahoma Redhawks (the local semi-pro baseball team) had "Unchained" as his music this year when he stepped to the plate. It kicked ass to hear "Unchained" blasting throughout the ballpark.

Someday, I will hear Van Halen play "Unchained" live. *sigh*

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:24 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by Badabing:
    Who knows how many people are closet VH fans. I give props to anyone who mentions them these days because it just isnt a trendy thing to name drop VH at the moment. So for all these newer players/bands to give VH their due is great. I even seen the lead singer of Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, wearing an old school VH shirt! Same thing with the lead singer of Pure Rubbish. Even celebrities do it. Adam Sandler makes a VH reference in just about every damn movie he does! Comedian Chris Rock loves VH and jokes that "I am the only black guy at a Van Halen concert"... Pro baseball players like Mike Piazza, David Wells and Greg Maddux have all spoken of their love for VH. Tiger Woods, who ran into EVH at charity golf events and whatnot, has actually attended a VH concert and digs them.
    Too many pro wrestlers, from Hulk Hogan to Diamond Dallas Page, have attended VH shows and love the band too! There are so many people you wouldnt imagine.
    Not to mention killer players like Dimebag Darrell of Pantera & Zakk Wylde of Ozzy still speak of VH with respect and always put EVH at the top of their lists too...
    After reading that post I have another level of respect for the people mentioned in that post, I remember Chris Rock going nuts at the 96 VMA's when he saw DLR walk out on to the stage with Eddie,Mike,and AL, so I can just hear him saying that, "I was the only black guy at a Van Halen concert" classic Chris Rock [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Can't remember what Video it is but Fuel's Lead singer is wearing a Van Halen T-Shirt.
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Just another reason that VH will soon be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Their influence on today's bands continues.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ive been saying this for awhile but. i kept getting flamed.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Who knows how many people are closet VH fans. I give props to anyone who mentions them these days because it just isnt a trendy thing to name drop VH at the moment. So for all these newer players/bands to give VH their due is great. I even seen the lead singer of Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, wearing an old school VH shirt! Same thing with the lead singer of Pure Rubbish. Even celebrities do it. Adam Sandler makes a VH reference in just about every damn movie he does! Comedian Chris Rock loves VH and jokes that "I am the only black guy at a Van Halen concert"... Pro baseball players like Mike Piazza, David Wells and Greg Maddux have all spoken of their love for VH. Tiger Woods, who ran into EVH at charity golf events and whatnot, has actually attended a VH concert and digs them.
    Too many pro wrestlers, from Hulk Hogan to Diamond Dallas Page, have attended VH shows and love the band too! There are so many people you wouldnt imagine.
    Not to mention killer players like Dimebag Darrell of Pantera & Zakk Wylde of Ozzy still speak of VH with respect and always put EVH at the top of their lists too...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Badabing:
    i can go to bed happy after reading that post

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw