Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Default HOUSE IDENTIFIED ON NY PAPERS GUN MAP BURGLARIZED

After the Journal News published interactive maps detailing where gun owners live in a number of New York counties in late December, people all across the nation decried the move as an invasion of privacy and a danger to the families.

A number of ex-burglars told Fox News that the list would prove invaluable to criminals, telling them which houses to avoid or rob, depending on what they wanted.

It was revealed on Sunday that one of the homes disclosed by the paper was targeted by burglars over the weekend, though a connection to the Journal News has not been proven.

New Yorks Westchester/Rockland Newsday has noteworthy details on the break-in (all subsequent emphasis added):

A White Plains residence pinpointed on a controversial handgun permit database was burglarized Saturday, and the burglars target was the homeowners gun safe.

At least two burglars broke into a home on Davis Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Saturday but were unsuccessful in an attempt to open the safe, which contained legally owned weapons, according to a law enforcement source. One suspect was taken into custody, the source said.

The gun owner was not home when the burglary occurred, the source said. The victim, who is in his 70s, told Newsday on Sunday that he did not want to comment while the police investigation continues.

[...]

Neighbor John Mascia said he thought the gun permit database should not have been published.

I could [not] care less what they have in their home, Mascia said.

Police are investigating what role, if any, the database played in the burglars decision to target the home, the law enforcement source said.

Republican State Senator Greg Ball of New York released a strongly-worded statement on the matter Sunday, adding that he plans to introduce legislation to better protect the identities of gun owners in the future:

The Journal News has placed the lives of these folks at risk by creating a virtual shopping list for criminals and nut jobs. If the connection is proven, this is further proof that these maps are not only an invasion of privacy but that they present a clear and present danger to law-abiding, private citizens. Former convicts have already testified to the usefulness of the asinine Journal News gun maps yet the reckless editors are evidently willing to roll the dice, gambling with the lives of innocent local homeowners, Senator Greg Ball said.

[...]

The same elitist eggheads who use their editorial page to coddle terrorists and criminals are now treating law abiding citizens like level three sexual predators. These bills are critical to keep folks safe and fundamentally protect their inherent right to privacy This is not about the Second Amendment; these bills are simply about commonsense and personal privacy. Publishing this information on a website, as we have evidently just witnessed in the recent attempted gun burglary, provides criminals with a map of where they can steal firearms from lawful owners for later use in the commission of crimes. This legislation is critical, said Senator Greg Ball.

Ball wasnt the only one to call out the Journal News in the wake of the robbery. Senator Balls office adds:

In addition to Senator Balls legislation, the Vice President of the Affiliated Police Association of Westchester County, Robert Buckley, said in a letter [that] publishing these maps online is jeopardizing the safety of residents and is irresponsible.

The Affiliated Police Association of Westchester County Inc. is putting The Journal News on notice that we will hold [them] accountable for any incident where any of our over 25,000 members are involved with an incident where a criminal or ex-con presents themselves at the residence of one of our members as a result of their name being made public by [their] newspaper, said Buckley.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-for-the-guns/
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say

Here we go again.

Two handguns and two pistol permits were stolen from the New City home of a man whose name and address are listed on the website of a local newspaper as possessing gun permits, police said.

The thieves ransacked the house Wednesday night, breaking into two safes on the home's third floor and stealing a third safe. The guns were in the stolen safe, police said.

Clarkstown police said they had no evidence the burglary was connected to the controversial map.

"The burglary is still under investigation and there are no facts to support this correlation at this time," Clarkstown Sgt. Joanne Fratianni said in a statement. "If the investigation develops further information, it will be released accordingly."

Family members at the burglarized home refused to speak Thursday and police are keeping reporters off the property on the quiet suburban street.

"At this early point in the investigation, we believe it is a random crime and the home was not targeted," Clarkstown Det. Lt. Charles Delo told News12.

The burglary comes less than a week after a White Plains homeowner who, too, was listed on the Journal News website as having gun permits, arrived home to find his home burglarized with jewelry missing and an attempted break-in of his gun safe. The thieves were not successful and no guns were stolen.

White Plains Police Commissioner David Chong said Monday it was "premature" to connect that burglary to the website listing but said it was part of the police investigation.

The guns that were stolen in New City included a .45 caliber Colt revolver and a .22 caliber Iver Johnson. Cash, U.S. Savings Bonds and jewelry were also stolen.

The homeowner's stolen pistol permits were for Rockland and Orange counties.

The Journal News has come under fire from elected officials and police groups for posting the interactive map Dec. 23 that showed the names and addresses of all legal gun permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties.

The newspaper has not responded to numerous calls for comment.

The head of the White Plains Police Benevolent Association, Robert Riley, has been one of the fiercest critics of the Journal News map, saying it puts the lives of police and ordinary citizens in potential danger.

"The Journal News printed a virtual treasure map for criminals," Riley said Monday. "It lets the bad guys know who is vulnerable, due to not having a gun permit, and where to go if they wanted a gun."

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nati...-say-1.4463741
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

So now criminals are in the possession of legally purchased and owned firearms... no doubt with more to come. That's just fucking swell.

This is all getting so fucking out of hand!

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,352 Times in 3,192 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I get the whole freedom of information act shit but how come someone hasn't lost their job for that map? To me it's a huge invasion of privacy. It's like posting a map of people with heptitus.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    I get the whole freedom of information act shit but how come someone hasn't lost their job for that map? To me it's a huge invasion of privacy. It's like posting a map of people with heptitus.
    If someone's heptitus gets stolen, I'll be pissed.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:56 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    If someone's heptitus gets stolen, I'll be pissed.
    So will the person who takes it.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Just look how the assholes responded when they were confronted.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Just look how the assholes responded when they were confronted.

Love it! You advertise you are prepaired to fight back with a fucking gun. Then most thugs and criminals will move on the ones that advertise that they don't have a gun. Very simple logic that even animals understand. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

Nice going, Journal News.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Just wait until the other possibly unintended consequence. I would imagine most prison guards have a pistol permit. Most prison guards also go to great lengths to keep their addresses private due to vindictive prisoners that may want to do them or their families harm. Now their names and addresses have been put in a news paper. Good work assholes at Journal News, the blood will be on your hands.