Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

here we go again... Two shot, wounded at Taft High School in California

Two shot, wounded at Taft High School in California; suspect in custody

Two people were shot and wounded at a central California high school Thursday morning and the shooter has been taken into custody, law enforcement officials said.

SWAT teams stormed Taft High School in the town of Taft, about 40 miles south of Bakersfield, shortly after 9 a.m. local time after reports of an “active shooter,” in the building, an officer with the Taft Sheriff’s Department told the Daily News.

Students were evacuated and there were two confirmed victims. One person sustained "major" injuries and was airlifted to a hospital and another person suffered minor wounds, the officer said.

The suspect was taken into custody, but that person's identity was still unknown.

"Officers are going room to room in the school trying to clear the building," a communications officer told the News.

Parents are picking up children in a nearby football field.

LIVE Video Feed
    http://www.redding.com/news/2013/jan...y-high-school/
    Last edited by voivod; 01.10.13 at 10:44 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

Student with a shotgun.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:27 PM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

When I read this this morning I thought it was my high school. I went to a different Taft High School.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

According to the local L.A., ABC affiliate, there is normally a school police officer at this school every day. However, he was snowed in and did not make it to the school.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

Bakersfield. Not the nicest town in our glorious State, to say the least. That's the area Korn comes from. For a reason.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Student with a shotgun.
    Lets ban those too.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    Lets ban those too.
    No, ban the students

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:40 PM
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts

Premium Member

Let's just have a national bring your gun to school day and then confiscate them all during show and tell.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

What's amazing is the high school I went to when my parents were there had a gun club. There is still a shooting range in the basement. Students at the time were allowed to bring guns to school as long as they had a gun club meeting that afternoon. This was only about 40 years ago. Not a single kid was shot at school either.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Bullying and Shotguns don't mix...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    What's amazing is the high school I went to when my parents were there had a gun club. There is still a shooting range in the basement. Students at the time were allowed to bring guns to school as long as they had a gun club meeting that afternoon. This was only about 40 years ago. Not a single kid was shot at school either.
    Same in the mid 80's at my school... Rifle Club...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I'm going to stir the hornets nest for some people and point out that 40 years ago we didn't have the gun "culture" we have today so you could have things like a rifle club. A gun, or a rifle was something that a father taught his son how to use and respect, not something that was waved around in a "music" video as a sign of "coolness" or wielded for hours on end in a virtual simulation on the tv set...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

05.26.17 @ 11:48 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Yes. Most of these mass shootings and high crime with guns in the inner cities are due to cultural value shifts.

Just like obesity is more a cultural disease than any other reason. Being really fat is acceptable now. There was McDonalds back in the 50s too and most people were fit anyway.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default Montpelier school board approves carrying of handguns by custodial staff

MONTPELIER, Ohio - The Montpelier Exempted Village Schools Board of Education has approved the carrying of handguns by its custodial staff.

The 5-0 vote of the board Wednesday night to allow handgun training for four custodians to be able to tote weapons at the K-12 campus at the Williams County school came after last month's deadly shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

School officials say that having armed personnel - believed to be the first for any school system in Ohio - is designed to thwart incidents of violence and prevent what happened in Newtown, Conn., from occurring here.

"Sitting back and doing nothing and hoping it doesn't happen to you is just not good policy anymore. There is a need for schools to beef up their security measures," Supertendent Jamie Grime told The Blade today. "Having guns in the hands of the right people are not a hindrance. They are a means to protect."

School board President Larry Martin said that while the school distict began looking into arming employees about six months ago, the board didn't announce the concept publicly until Wednesday's monthly meeting.

He said the Dec. 14 massacre of 20 children and six staff at Sandy Hook heightened the decision to put the resolution on the board agenda.

"Our main goal is to offer safety for our students while they are in the classrooms and in the buiding," Mr. Martin said. "We have to do something and this seems like the most logical, reasonable course to go with."

Before voting on the resolution, which was approved 5-0, village Police Chief Jeffrey Lehman met with the board and superintendent in executive session to provide advice, suggestions, and his professional opinion, said Mr. Martin, a school board member for 20 years.

School officials also reviewed the resolution with the district's Cincinnati-based law firm, Ennis, Roberts, and Fischer, LPA, to determine whether gun possession by janitors in the classroom is legal under the state's concealed-carry license law.

Mr. Grime said their legal counsel advised that Ohio's gun law allows for school boards to authorize employees to possess weapons on school grounds if they pass the requirements of the concealed-carry law.

The school district will pay for the employees to undergo a two-day training class in mid March, when instructors with the Tactical Defense Institute of West Union, Ohio, will give them a defense class on handgun use in Montpelier

http://www.toledoblade.com/Education...ial-staff.html
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I remember during my freshman year in high school (1992/93), we had to do an exploded assembly project in my mechanical drawing class. We took something apart, and then drew it piece by piece. One of my classmates drew a 12 gauge browning pump shotgun. Our teacher was cool with him doing this, and even allowed him to bring the gun to school as long as it was taken apart and not all of the pieces were in class at one time. I can't see that happening today at all, even if he would've just done the measurements as homework and not brought in the seperate parts of the shotgun to class.