Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

With all the mainstream media coverage will the boys have to come out? Up until the past few days VH was just an old band noone had heard from in basically a few years. Now Eddie has become a story for the 6 o'clock news.

I realize that people are entitled to their private lives, but with the current change of events how long will it be til we see a tabloid trashing EVH? Unfortunately public figures have to sacrifice their personal lives in order to be famous. It's the nature of the beast. Suzanne Summers has breast cancer and she was trying to keep it private til a tabloid broke the story. She took it upon herself to explain her situation before the tabloids put their twist and spin on it.

I know a lot of you guys want people to just respect an individual's privacy, but let's be realistic, it's not going to happen. Too many people make livings getting the "dirt" and divulging others' problems and misfortunes. Some people just don't have a moral thread in their body. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I just hope that if the stories start getting twisted that Ed comes out and sets the story straight. I would hate to see sensationalized stories and no clarification. It's hard to not think the worst. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I agree about the tabloids and their level of class, BUT I've always been something of a believer in "if people didn't buy them, people wouldn't write them". I remember once seeing the numbers on how many copies the Inquirer sells, and I was amazed at how high it was.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I believe it's the most widely distributed "newspaper" in the country. Either that or Weekly World News.

And BTW, it's the Enquirer [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I don't think there'll be big pressure from the media. VH is yesterday's news, and the fact that Eddie has cancer isn't too terribly shocking or meaningful to most people.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

It will sure be interesting to see just how much of a big deal the tabloids make of all this.

I can see the headlines:

EDDIE VAN HALEN IS DYING FROM CANCER HE GOT WHILE ABDUCTED BY PREGNANT ALIENS DURING THE CIVIL WAR.

ROCK STAR EDDIE VAN HALEN TO BE GUITARIST FOR BACKSTREET BOYS WHEN HE BEATS CANCER.

DAVID LEE ROTH JOINS THE MINISTRY, AND EDDIE VAN HALEN TO DUET WITH BARBARA STREISAND.

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    And BTW, it's the Enquirer [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's not a mistake I'm too ashamed of. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    [qb]And BTW, it's the Enquirer [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's not a mistake I'm too ashamed of. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img][/QB]
    Do you guys think that's why he went ahead and issued a statement? Probably, but you can bet that now someone will try to "expose" his "true" condition.

Btw, I stick by my feeling that what he said is true about being cancer free in the near future and that he is better than ever...Eddie, be telling us the truth, man!!

Disregard the quote. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 01, 2001 at 10:51 AM: Message edited by: esquiretoo ]

[ May 01, 2001 at 10:52 AM: Message edited by: esquiretoo ]
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Eruption
    Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    I don't think there'll be big pressure from the media. VH is yesterday's news, and the fact that Eddie has cancer isn't too terribly shocking or meaningful to most people.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that VH isn't the publicity magnet that it once was, but every evening news had him on the past few days. Even the Suzanne Summers thing I mentioned was brought out by tabloids and when was she last real popular?

I guess all I want is the truth,no smokescreen. I know it is a private matter, but I don't want to wake up one morning and have a small footnote on the celebrity obituary page.

But as he said, he's in good shape and feeling good. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think it was only in the news because Ed made it easy for it to be there. I'm convinced that if a determined reporter had decided to really track down VH, we'd have known what we now know a whole lot sooner.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I must have missed something, because I sure didn't see any news coverage here. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddymon:
    ROCK STAR EDDIE VAN HALEN TO BE GUITARIST FOR BACKSTREET BOYS WHEN HE BEATS CANCER.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, that's just wrong. You're a sick, twisted mother. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

First someone thinks Alex resembles AJ McClean(McFag), and now this! Whew [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, VH COULD be the publicity magnet they once were, if they play their cards right. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You gotta admit that they have been in the news quite a bit over the past 2 weeks.
    Eat Us and Smile...yeah we're still around.

Roth Army Webmaster
    http://www.rotharmy.com

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

They could be, but that's up to them. They really haven't been in the mainstream media except for the news about Ed. Dave's statements have gone unreported for the most part.

Eruption
    Last Online

Well if that so called band KISS can become a magnet once again then so can VH. Let's just not sell out sooooo bad ok fellas? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

After weighing the stories the past few days I have come to the conclusion that if Ed gets/is healthy this reunion thing is on. Neither side slammed the other in the recent releases. IMO Ed was trying to really keep things private for his family's sake. Dave apparently DID know of Ed's health situation, but was unaware of the severity. After waiting a few months DLR was unsure of his status and initially released that first statement. Afterwards Ed felt he needed to explain the deal since DLR's remarks were public.
    At this point "no real harm, no foul" both sides were not negative towards the other.

Damn those Xfiles! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrownSound1:
    You know, VH COULD be the publicity magnet they once were, if they play their cards right. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You gotta admit that they have been in the news quite a bit over the past 2 weeks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They would have to be VERY[/B]careful on how they positioned that one. That could easily come back and haunt them as the cancer thing only being a publicity stunt...VERY fine line.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.