Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]

Yesterday, I lurked invisibly at the Dome (I feel kinda ashamed to show my username over there any more), and I got the feeling that it was just like returning to your childhood home, only to discover that the neighborhood has gone to hell in a handbasket! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

I was going through ALL 35 pages at the Watering Hole in less than 1 hour!
    I felt there were only 3-4 threads worthy of a response from me; one of 'em a cigar smoker's thread (Cigars are one of my other few passions in life--thus my signature line). I figured, nah, haven't posted in over a month, keep the streak going. It's just like when I kicked my Skoal habit in college; one day at a time--after a month, I had no desire to go back--same applies to the Dome!

One thing I noticed was some signatures taking up more than one screen on my monitor! Signatures?!?

Another disturbing thing going on was all these "Peeping" threads?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I didn't wanna go there, so I didn't!

In some of these signatures was something called: V.A.N. H.A.L.E.N. member [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] I'm thinking, when did VH grow to the size of the band Chicago? Are any of these new members named David Lee Roth, by chance? Where was the announcement?

V.A.N.H.A.L.E.N., I guess is supposed to be a warm, fuzzy, all-positive, flowery shit, blow-sunshine-up-your-ass, feel-good-about-yourself group of people with low self-esteem and problems with reality! No negativity allowed in these here parts, mister! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] NEWSFLASH--you can't have the good without the bad!!

Worst of all, some of the newer MODS are the ones who start this shit & allow it to run rampant and unchecked!!

Any of you Domers that pop in here on occasion care to explain this shit better than I can?

[ April 11, 2001 at 08:05 AM: Message edited by: NE169 ]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Everyday I check out VHLinks and the Pleasure Dome (in that order). The one problem I have the PD is all the stupid, waste-of-time posts. You see a good topic and it ends up being either a joke or someone trying to be funny.

I really enjoy 'Links' because all of the old jokers are now gone.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Agreed Raldo.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

The jokers are all over there so we actually have some real worthwhile discussions here now, it's nice.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agreed Brett---
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NE169:
    V.A.N.H.A.L.E.N., I guess is supposed to be a warm, fuzzy, all-positive, flowery shit, blow-sunshine-up-your-ass, feel-good-about-yourself group of people with low self-esteem and problems with reality! No negativity allowed in these here parts, mister! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] NEWSFLASH--you can't have the good without the bad!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm....

What's wrong with being positive? I mean, of course you can't have the good without the bad, but since when did being a VH fan mean you HAVE to complain?

If I'm a VH fan and I'm happy. Does that mean I have a "problem with reality"?

No, it means I'm looking on the bright side.

Help me out here. It sounds to me like you're bitching about the Dome for no reason.
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    What's wrong with being positive? since when did being a VH fan mean you HAVE to complain?

If I'm a VH fan and I'm happy. Does that mean I have a "problem with reality"?

No, it means I'm looking on the bright side.

Help me out here. It sounds to me like you're bitching about the Dome for no reason.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me, this "all-positive/no negativity" stuff seems awfully New Age/artifical/fake to me, though if Eddie & Dave can work out their differences (for example--I ain't startin' any rumor), I'd be all for it. How long can someone go being happy before one has a huge letdown!

While I was in the Navy, I knew a guy who'd almost always say "It's really great to be here"--even when it wasn't--he was very upbeat. I'll give him this much--I never saw him in a bad mood--but those people are far and few between!

LS, I considered myself pretty happy while in school myself--aging has a way of making people (in general) more cynical as they experience life when things don't go the way people want. It's not necessarily all bad, as it can help those naive from being taken advantage of--it makes for a nice bullshit flag!

But along with the "positivity" over there, it seems intolerance of dissenting opinions also goes hand in hand with positivity. It's not a complaint--nobody HAS to complain. (keep in mind I DID skim through 35 pages, in under 1 hour, but that's the impression I got when I did go into a few threads)

LS, you're a well-grounded person, as is pretty much all of us over here. You don't have the problem with reality--I can't say the same for over there, though.

I like looking at the bright side too, but over at the Dome, there's not much brightness in more ways than one.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I'll move this one - its not really VH related (much as the whole vh.com page isnt. Im SURE that band had a singer or 2 once...)

And yeh. what the hell is it with sig files there. some are a page long?
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......