Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN 1/ 1984
    Favorite VH Song

UNCHAINED
    Last Online

03.26.13 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Wolfie doing 2013 dates with Tremonti.

I contacted Mark Tremonti thru' his Facebook site last week to see if he would shed some light ,to a mere mortal like myself,whether Wolfgang would be playing next year's Euro dates with his band again.
    Was blown away to get PM'ed back hours later with the message "Wolfie will be there".Great of Mark to give me the "scoop"-now see that VHND is carrying the Artisan news story revealing Wolfie doing the bass duties again along with some American dates to go with the already announced Euro dates.
    What are the guys and girls views on this site regarding Wolf playing with Tremonti again?As i see it there's no real clash of interest,so far, for Wolf as VH don't have anything planned, unfortunately many would say, until the Japanese dates.
    However having said that if Van Halen are planning Oz/Euro/probable American dates before or after the Japenese gigs surely an announcement should be looming on the horizon?
    Other peoples views much appreciated.In the meantime looking forward to another chinwag with Wolfie in Scotland-unfortunately not while doing the day job!!
    There's a lot of effervescense in the changing room. Simon Stainrod.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

Well, I guess if he is touring with them in February, then VH won't be recording new music in February.
    Right here I say....

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 2,647 Times in 1,328 Posts

I would be shocked if VH releases any new music for the next 5 years, and that's not even counting any potential further health issues with Ed. I don't know what makes people think we'll get more new music soon. 2016 at the soonest is my bet.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Unchained
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To tell the truth I am really starting to worry a bit about he future of Van Halen for 2013. While I don't think Wolf would ever pick touring with Tremonti over VH I have to wonder if things are just at a standstill again.

Also Dave's "Roth Show" is really starting to feel like to me a vehicle that he is going to use to promote a solo album here in the future. The one with John 5 or a new one? I believe Dave has been in Henson's studio doing some kind of vocals and is filming videos (the rabbit suit) for this project. Maybe I am reading more into it than that...but it has me curious.
    “You can wonder what Roth and Eddie Van Halen are doing in the same band. It’s hard to imagine two guys with less in common psychologically, yet together they seem to make a complete personality. Extrovert balanced by introvert, logic by intuition, entertainment balanced by artistry.” --Charles Young, Musician Magazine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:09 AM
    Liked 2,212 Times in 1,116 Posts

Premium Member

It's cool he's doing his own thing. I'm sure he's not going to be the one to hold back any new VH endeavors anyway. We all know it's whether Ed feels like doing anything that really drives the action (or lack thereof) with this band. I'm sure if he really wanted to do something, Wolfie would be there in a second.

Since they've already recorded a bunch of demos, it wouldn't take too much to select the songs, cut the instrumental tracks, and let Dave take his sweet time doing the vocals. I would be shocked if it took until 2016 for new music, especially with how well-received this last record was (IMO, anyway).
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

I'm not going to be surprised by any lengthy hiatus (1 - 2 yrs). We all have narratives about this band trying to making sense of things, but with very little public info about what's going on, it is hard to really know what is true. Second, third, fourth-hand anonymous reports grasping for any shred of info is the norm.

Fact is, we know Ed is/was sick after being really, really sick prior to that. Who knows what his appetite for going through all the rigors of writing/recording/touring anymore.

I think we'll get something from these guys again way down the road. If Ed was hanging it up for good, Wolfgang would be out doing something a little more permanent and prominent. However, I think the near term is unlikely to yield much.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Well, we're all just speculating and I'd love to be wrong about new music being many years down the road but I see this scenario as most likely (again, without any consideration of additional health problems or "getting along" problems):

Tour in 2013, maybe a little, maybe a lot.

Take 2014 and 2015 off and allow Wolf to do his own thing, Dave to do his own personal projects, and Eddie to regain strength.

Write and record throughout 2016 for a late 2016 or early 2017 release.

I really think anything else is unlikely. Even bands of their generation that are completely healthy and happy are going by similar schedules. That doesn't mean Van Halen has to follow that example, but expecting anything more is probably only going to lead to disappointment.

Now watch them announce a new album after New Year's and make me look clueless!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Unchained
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The thing that worries me about them waiting till 2016 or 2017 for the next album or whatever is the age of Ed, Alex and Dave. They will all be in their early 60's then. Sure they might be able to still do it (The Stones can for example) but as each year goes by father time is just not on their side anymore. I would rather them not wait and just get out there while they can before they really lose a step because of the age factor.
    “You can wonder what Roth and Eddie Van Halen are doing in the same band. It’s hard to imagine two guys with less in common psychologically, yet together they seem to make a complete personality. Extrovert balanced by introvert, logic by intuition, entertainment balanced by artistry.” --Charles Young, Musician Magazine.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

I have no doubt Van Halen will be doing some overseas dates around the June 2013 rescheduled Japan shows. There's no way they are going to rev up the machine for a couple dates overseas, it makes no financial sense. I would guess maybe a few European and hopefully Down Under festivals and a couple months worth of dates in North America rounding out the tail end of Summer. No marathon string of shows and probably several week breaks between groups of date - it's clear they aren't up for that sorta thing anymore.

I would be very surprised if they get any new music out in 2013. I just hope they play more of ADKOT for whatever shows they do play next year.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Roth View Post
    The thing that worries me about them waiting till 2016 or 2017 for the next album or whatever is the age of Ed, Alex and Dave. They will all be in their early 60's then. Sure they might be able to still do it (The Stones can for example) but as each year goes by father time is just not on their side anymore. I would rather them not wait and just get out there while they can before they really lose a step because of the age factor.
    I agree with you, but that's no different than AC/DC and Rush and all the rest of their generation and they're all taking long breaks, too. And most other bands don't even have the health issues to deal with that Ed does. Rush had a great year just like VH and has no plans to retire any time soon and yet Geddy just said on a radio interview this morning that after the 2013 leg of the tour they were going to take "a long break" before making new music again. It's just the reality of bands at their age even in the best of times.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I'm still hoping for another 5 albums in 5 years. these guys are old and should not be screwing around.

We need another album.
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning and ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

09.07.15 @ 02:12 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

To me it would make sense to do European dates in march and april seeing as though wolfie is already going to be over there then go into Australia after a break from the euro dates play shows in may down under. Then move on over to Japan in june.

And come back to the us for end of summer and fall dates.
    Janie Liszewski did the IMPOSSIBLE she helped Eddie Van Halen get better. Deal with it.

The day is dunzo lets have some funzo- DLR AS IS

Somedays you're the dog Somedays you're the hydrant- DLR Bullethead

It's not who you squeeze but who returns to squeeze you, no doubt, love em all I says let cupid sort em out!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I wouldn't read too much into it other than VH will be quiet until Japan. After the Japanese dates, who knows? While all signs point to Eddie doing well, I don't think his overall health is up to the strains of full-time touring and recording. He's really had some serious health issues in the past couple of years. We'll get another record with Roth and probably another tour of sorts, but I'm guessing it will be at a much more leisurely pace with lots of time off in-between after just a few shows. In fact, I'd be happy with VH doing a much smaller tour, smaller venues and fewer dates, next time out. I'm going to say 2014 for new music and a different kind of tour afterwards (provided the band stays healthy). It's pretty amazing that Eddie is still alive. I really hope he enjoys good health from this point on.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

I think it's great that Wolfie is doing his thing with Tremonti. The Van Halen machine will be running when the time is right.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 266 Times in 120 Posts

I will tell you one thing:
    Wolfgang will be in peak touring shape after more roadwork with Tremonti. I think it's good for everybody. ('',)b

- mrC
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶