Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: E Cigarettes

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Default E Cigarettes

I was wondering if anyone here has used these and can give good first hand info on them. I've smoked off and on for decades. Quit for 4 years..started again..quit for 2 years..started again..blah blah.

Though I'm obviously a VH fan, Ed using them...though being a reassuring thing since he smoked A LOT is not the reason for my curiosity in them. My kids have been seeing the Blu E cig ads and they made a heartfelt plea to me to try them and quit again. I keep trying with the patch or gum or even cold turkey but it's tough and I find myself getting back to it eventually.

I did some research online and their are a ton of E cigs and conflicting info.

Some you can refill with the vapor juice yourself etc and I'd rather not mess with any of that.

I just want good quality one that you can order refill cartridge things and try to seamlessly switch from real to E...then eventually nothing.

For the Blu brand for example. The sell a kit and then refills. They also sell Blu disposable's which I could run out and try asap. I read the disposable are equal to about a pack and a half of real cigs.

One main question I have is how long do these things batteries last. The disposable one's? Don't really feel like joining a new forum to ask if I can get some tips from here.

Was thinking about trying these as a way to eventually ween myself off real cigs and then eventually off the e cigs too. They come in different nicotine doses so you can step it down. Seems like a good way to go as you still get the nicotine and the sensation of smoking without the 4000 chemicals that cause cancer and destroy your lung functions.

I'm not suggesting E cigs are healthy for you but I'm reading they are better for a smoker than real cigs so it seems like a good way to step down without going nuts.

I do just under a pack of Camel blue's a day...what would be a good starting point? which e cig is the best? and how long do they last? In a typical day what do you have to go through to have the e cig ready at all times for a pack a dayer?

Hoping someone has dived into this and can offer advice.

*Disclaimer* I did a search and didn't find a thread on this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

I've tried one, called "10 Motives" - it's a disposable one which looks like a very looooooong cigarette, has a blue light at the tip and gives off 'smoke' when you inhale...All very nice - but it tastes NOTHING like a good ol' cigarette!

Personally, I don't like it at all. It feels 'scratchy' on the back of your throat when you inhale - and it has a funny taste, as I said. On the plus side, you don't stink after partaking - and it seems to last for ages as the nicotine hit you get from it seems to be a lot more intense than that which you get from a fag. The downside, for me, is that it's far less 'satisfying' than a real cigarette.

I think you have to be really determined to give up in order for them to be effective - in much the same way as all cigarette-replacement-therapy. At the moment, I'm not in the right place mentally to give it my best shot. However, next year, with lots of big changes to my lifestyle imminent, I really want to apply myself to the task of stopping smoking - and then, the e-cigs might well be invaluable.

Good luck, AP!
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Thanks for the response Dibblekins. From what I've read some E cigs are much better than others. I looked at sites and looked at youtube reviews but still have a lot of unanswered questions.

I hope to get some good tips on them here but will eventually post what I discover either way.

I may pick up some of the disposable Blu ones later today just to try them and see if I can start cutting down on the real deals.

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you and whoever else is contemplating quitting. It's a very hard habit to break but I'm excited to give this option a go. Hopefully the 6th time is a charm. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

I have some and can share my experience. Last May, my wife and I had an unexpected pregnancy. We both were smoking at least a half pack a day so she talked to her doctor and they recommended the E Cig to quit due to her being high risk. Didn't want to stress her body out more by quitting cold turkey. So we had friends who bought and used the Wal Mart brand so we go them. Came with a USB/AC charger so they were rechargeable. From May to the middle of July we were using them. I cheated occasionally when I was drinking heavy but I had quit smoking at work and home. I would puff on the cigarette during the day and sometimes at home but that was it.

A pack of cartridges cost about 14 dollars and would last my wife and I about a week. It got to the point where I didn't miss smoking at work. I would even leave the E Cig at home.

Now we lost the baby in July and eventually got back into old habits. We still used them up until October and since then we pretty much are back to smoking. After New Years I am going to get myself some more refills and go back to it.

They did help though because you do simulate smoking. Now maybe that encourages you to smoke? I don't know. However they made it easier to quit. That is for sure

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Very sorry about your loss Ziggy. Thanks for the info though dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.19.13 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey AP!

I switched to eCigs in October 2010, after smoking for almost 30 years. Haven't had a 'real' cig since, and it's the ONLY thing (and I've tried everything) that made it possible for me to get off the cancer sticks for good. I exclusively use the ecigs from Vapor4Life, as their stuff is of a much better quality, and their customer service (they are based in Chicago) is responsive, immediate, and VERY helpful. Their site is vapor4life.com and they have different sales every week that give you between 25-45% off of your order. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and I'll be glad to help you out.

Good luck!
    Ain't no school like the old school...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Make Art Like it's a Weapon from the Gods

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Rantz - I was just wondering - have you been using the e-cigs constantly for two years or are they helping to wean you off the nicotine altogether?

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

Thatcher, 1980

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dibs, I've been using eCigs constantly for the last two years, but have gone from the 24mg nicotine to the 0mg nicotine ones. For me, I've spent my entire career... whether writing or doing art... with a cigarette in hand, and I'm so habituated to the process (work, sit back, take a drag, examine the work, fix it, sit back, take a drag, etc) that I get panicky without it. It's completely a 'totem' at this point, with no nicotine or 'drug' effect to it, but I'm personally superstitious like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Actually, that's quite reassuring...Thanks, Rantz!

Thatcher, 1980

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Thanks for the info and offer Rantz. Really appreciate the info and may hit you up for particulars. Got a Blu disposable today. Gonna give it a truer test tomorrow and take it from there. Not bad so far. Have had 3 real cigs since but would likely have been 8 without it. We aren't in the same professions but both in creative professions and have parallels with smoking and it's daily triggers.

Glad you beat it. Hope I can for good soon. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

AP, good luck man... for me the trick was making sure that I had a.) the right "strength" at the beginning (so I got the same 'throat hit' and nic surge as I did with cigs) and b.) making sure I had one charged and ready to go at all times. I forced myself to not go outside anytime I had the urge to smoke (since I never smoked in the house) and would instead sit in the house with the eCig, taking BIG ass drags until the edges smoothed out.

The thing I liked about V4L is that they have a lot of "flavors" that match up to their cigarette counterparts. (Such as Marlboro, Camel, Dunhill, Virginia Slims, Newports, etc) which makes it a lot easier to make the transition without feeling like you are missing part of the smoking experience.

Good luck man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]