Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Default Two Dead In Cleveland Police Shootout Following Chase

2 dead in shootout after leading Cleveland police on chase through 3 cities

CLEVELAND, Ohio ó Two suspects reportedly are dead after leading police on a high-speed chase beginning in Cleveland and ending with gunfire in East Cleveland, according to reports.

WKYC Channel 3 reports that police say the incident began when the suspects fired at officers near a parking lot security gate at the Justice Center on St. Clair Avenue downtown.

Police began pursuing the suspects through Cleveland, Bratenahl and East Cleveland, WKYC reports

Shots were fired at officers during the chase, according to a Cleveland police dispatcher. Police eventually opened fire on the suspects near Heritage Middle School on Terrace Road in East Cleveland, killing both suspects, WKYC reports.

WEWS Channel 5 reports that one of its photographers was doing a ride-along with police and said a police car and the suspects' car is filled with bullet holes. He said 30 to 40 shots were fired.

Cleveland, East Cleveland and Cleveland Heights officers were at the scene, along with the State Highway Patrol and Cuyahoga County Sheriffís deputies, according to WEWS.

WKYC reports that multiple bullet holes could be seen in the suspect's car, as well as in police cruisers.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._police_c.html

Police shoot and kill 2 in East Cleveland after chase

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scores of police from East Cleveland and Cleveland, the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and others remain outside Heritage Middle School this morning.

But the car -- still containing the the bodies of two people shot to death late Thursday night by police -- has been towed to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office in Cleveland.

East Cleveland Detective Sgt. Scott Gardner said the shooting occurred at 10:50 p.m. Thursday when police from Cleveland caught up with a car with two suspects who they began chasing at the Cleveland Justice Center. (See earlier story.)

Gardner said the two had shot at a police officer in Cleveland, initiating a chase from the city, through Bratenahl and into East Cleveland that ended in an access road leading to the school. The school is closed this morning.

"We responded to the call of shots fired and arrived to find Cleveland police on the scene," Gardner said. "We're tearing the scene apart piece by piece this morning. It's a pretty complex scene."

Gardner said what were believed to be two men were left in the bullet-riddled vehicle all night until it was removed around 9:30 a.m. by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner to its headquarters for more investigation.

Their names have not been released.

Police have been on the scene since 11 p.m. Thursday.

William Greer, who lives next door to the school, said he had recently returned home and was in bed when he heard numerous police sirens.

Seconds later, his room was illuminated by red flashing lights.

"I looked out the window and I saw about 10 cop cars chasing a car up the hill toward the school," said Greer, 27.

Wymore Road dead-ends into a cul-de-sac outside the school parking lot.

"I heard a car smack and knew it hit something," he said. "The next thing I heard was gunfire. Pop, pop, pop. Bang, bang, bang. I couldnít believe how much Ė it must have been more than 50 shots."

He threw himself to the floor.

"I dove down on the ground when I heard the gunfire because bullets got no names," he said.

When the shooting stopped he looked out the window and saw about 50 police cars, he said. He went outside and spoke to an officer.

"He told me, 'He wonít be doing any more speaking,' " Greer said, indicating the police officer was referring to one of the victims.

This morning, the area around the school is blocked off with yellow crime scene tape. People are milling around looking in and asking questions. There are few homes around the school, but the McGregor Nursing Home sits on a hill off Lee Road, across the street from the school.

The car had been surrounded by dozens of police evidence markers indicating bullets, shells or other pieces of evidence.

Gardner said no police officer was shot in the incident, but that they were shot at.

Gardner said there was "no evidence to support" that the suspects in the car had fired shots in East Cleveland, but that the chase began after the suspects fired at police in Cleveland while at the Justice Center.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...se_ending.html

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio ó With 13 Cleveland police officers firing 137 rounds and killing two people following a chase Thursday night, city leaders are seeking answers and could ask for a civil rights investigation.

Investigators did not find a gun inside the bullet-riddled blue Chevrolet Malibu SS when staff from the Cuyahoga County medical examiner's office removed the bodies from the car Friday evening.

The driver of the car was identified as Timothy Russell, 43. Riding with him was a 30-year-old woman whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath called it a tragedy, a "very regrettable situation, not just for the community but for the Police Department," at a news conference Friday night that also included Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask and East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts.

Why did the department get involved in a chase for more than 20 minutes, why did 13 officers fire 137 rounds, and why did this situation occur? -- those are some of the questions McGrath said he wants answered.

"It's really with a heavy heart. I can't tell you how much this hurts the Cleveland Division of Police," McGrath said. "We work so hard. We worked so hard to make things good. Something like this, I'm not saying it makes us look bad because the investigation isn't completed yet, but it's a real challenge for us."

At some point during the investigation, McGrath said the city will reach out to the U.S. attorney's office and also the FBI "to ask for the assistance, recommendations from the Civil Right division."

"Why are we doing it? Because it's the right thing to do," he said. "And we will provide support not just for our police officers but for the community."

Police said the chase began because the two had shot at a police officer at the Justice Center in Cleveland, causing a chase in Cleveland, Bratenahl and into East Cleveland that ended on an access road leading to Heritage Middle School.

The incident was reported at 10:31 p.m., police spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia said. It ended at 10:57 p.m. She said the chase lasted about 25 minutes.

The bodies remained in the car, which had been encased in shrink wrap to preserve the evidence, until it was towed from the scene by the medical examiner's office about 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Investigators reported through the day Friday that they believed there were two men inside the car, a possible misinterpretation because of how badly the bodies were damaged from all the rounds fired.

East Cleveland will conduct the investigation, which Chief Ralph Spotts said he expects to take a lot of time. He urged patience. The department already has received help from the Bureau of Criminal Investigation, he said, and also will seek help from the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office.

Conversations over the police radio during the chase included talk that it was possible a weapon was seen and thrown from the car, Spotts said. But no shell casings were found in the car.

Radio chatter about the suspects having a pop can and not a gun also will be investigated, he said.

Spotts said that the chase ended in a dead end with a head-on collision with a police car.

McGrath said some police vehicles were riddled with bullet holes, but because no weapon was found in the suspects' car, officials can only assume that it was a result of friendly fire.

Flask said the investigation 'will look at the length of the pursuit, the number of officers involved and whether it was supervised properly according to department policy.

"The question I have is whether the shots were necessary and appropriate to defend the lives of the officers involved in this incident," Flask said. " I personally know from over 40 years of experience the challenges of police officers have in neighborhoods in the city of Cleveland. But I also know that we have policies, rules and procedures that help govern action of our officers. Officers are of course expected to make split-second decisions, but the rules and policies help govern those decisions. And that's why I do in fact have a number of questions."

Cleveland police said the names of the 13 officers involved will not be released for several days. They are currently on administrative leave for three days, which is standard following a shooting. They will come back to restricted-duty status.

ACLU legal director James Hardiman said he was surprised Cleveland police were involved in a long, high-speed chase in the first place.

"Sure, we don't know all the facts yet, but we were told Cleveland police were not going to be involved in any more high-speed chases," Hardiman said. "These obviously have risks, not only to the suspects and police themselves, but potential injuries to innocent pedestrians. In this case, it seems like overreaction by police right from the start.

"And then to fire over 100 shots is not reasonable. No shots should have been fired. Police would have arrested these suspects without a high-speed chase or firing shots. A thorough investigation should be conducted . . . at least we can hope it will."

Hardiman said that although police have a hard job, police can be overzealous, as he believes they were in this incident.

Police from several communities including Bratenahl and East Cleveland joined in the high-speed chase. A witness said there were almost 50 police cars involved.

William Greer, who lives at Wymore Road at Terrace Road, close to where the chase ended,"" said he had just settled down to bed about 11 p.m. when he heard police sirens.

Moments later, his room was bathed in flashing red lights as 10 police cars sped by his window in pursuit of the two men.

Greer, 27, said he heard more than 50 gunshots as Cleveland police officers opened fire on the suspects' car. He heard the car stop suddenly on the road and then gunfire.

"I heard a car smack and knew it hit something," he said. "The next thing I heard was gunfire. Pop, pop, pop. Bang, bang, bang. I couldn't believe how much -- it must have been more than 50 shots."

He threw himself to the floor.

"I dove down on the ground when I heard the gunfire because bullets got no names," he said.

It's possible that the driver meant to turn south onto Lee Road, which is about 50 feet from Wymore Road, but instead turned onto the small street that dead-ends outside the school parking lot.

East Cleveland Detective Sgt. Scott Gardner said the investigation would be long and involved. Scores of police were on the scene all night long, taking measurements, talking to witnesses and preserving the scene for forensic investigators.

"We responded to the call of shots fired and arrived to find Cleveland police on the scene," Gardner said. "We're tearing the scene apart piece by piece this morning. It's a pretty complex scene."

Classes at Heritage Middle School were canceled Friday.

There are few homes around the school, but the McGregor Nursing Home sits on a hill off Lee Road, across the street from the school.

The car had been surrounded by dozens of police evidence markers indicating bullets, shells or other pieces of evidence.

"So this is a tragedy for everybody, the community, the Police Department," McGrath said. "And I'm so troubled that our police officers were involved in it, and I'm so troubled that those people died, their families and everything else. This is a tragedy. You try to make sense of it and it's very difficult."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...and_offic.html

East Cleveland chief: No weapon found in chase suspects' car, no evidence of shootout

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio - There was no gun inside the suspectsí car involved in the high-speed chase that ended with gunfire Thursday night, East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts said.

Cleveland police said an officer saw a car drive by near the Justice Center on West St. Clair Avenue and believed a shot was fired from within. That started the pursuit at about 10:30 p.m. and lasted about 25 minutes.

At the end of the chase, two police cars were in front of the suspectsí car and were hit head on, Spotts said. Shots were fired at the car behind Heritage Middle School in East Cleveland, killing both people inside.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examinerís Office said a 30-year-old woman was killed. Spotts said they believe she was homeless and living in a shelter. Timothy Russell, 42, also died.

Spotts said no shell casings were found in front of the Justice Center. He said there is no evidence that this was a shootout or an exchange of gunfire.

ďA tragedy, not just for the community, but for the police department,Ē Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath said. ďThis is really with a heavy heart. I canít tell you how much this hurts."

McGrath said 13 officers fired 137 rounds. Those officers will be on administrative leave for three days and will remain on limited duty during the investigation.

A NewsChannel5 photographer, who was on a scheduled ride-along with police, said there were dozens of bullet holes in the suspects' car and the windshield of a police car. McGrath said those shots could have been friendly fire.

ďTwo people died and we have 13 officers involved,Ē McGrath said. ďYouíve got to carry that weight with you the rest of your lifeÖ You try to make sense of it and itís very difficult. All night Iím thinking ĎWhy, why, why?í And weíll find out why.Ē

No East Cleveland police officers were at the scene at the time, Spotts said. The investigation will be handled by East Cleveland police. The United States Attorneys' Office, the FBI and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation have been contacted as well to investigate.

The Cleveland Police Department will be moving other officers to work in the second district, since so many are on leave.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...ce-of-shootout

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

137 shots and only 2 dead? Certainly not marksmen are they....

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Ya think there is something about a "shots fired"/ three city chase that might get the adrenaline pumping a bit?
    Last edited by Number 47; 12.01.12 at 07:23 AM.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Ya think there is something about a "shots fired"/ three city chase that might get the adrenaline pumping a bit?
    Agreed

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 123 Posts

Thanks I needed that coffee through my nose.

The Cleveland PD have never been good shots, I remember an article a few years agoe with multiple officers firing a stupid amount of shots at close range hitting no one.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

We just had a police involved fatality shooting in my town. It's not Cleveland-sized by any stretch, but we face the same issues due to the "bad element" that completely disregard authority, laws, etc.

Here's a link to the local paper and it's coverage. http://wcfcourier.com/full-coverage-...a4bcf887a.html

Keep tabs on the writing and how it changes to make it look like a reasonable use of deadly force to a questionable shoot. Some of their reporters are so liberally biased that they make the victim look like an angel.

I'd like to give a little perspective, from someone who has been involved in law enforcement work. Like was stated above. When you've just been shot at, you're adrenaline shoots sky high. Then add in a high speed pursuit, it's off the charts. Anger, fear, pride and determination all take over at once. No matter the amount of training a cop has, they're still human. They still react the same way initially. Then take in to account the lasting as long as it did in Cleveland, the longer it goes, the more tunnel vision kicks in. Your focus is on catching the SOB's that just shot at you, as fast as you can, hopefully with no more gunfire. In the process of this you stay seriously amp'd. You start getting agitated and seriously frustrated/angry. It goes from, "I can't let them get away," to, "How dare you keep running from me." Chases become EXTREMELY personal to the officers involved.

At that point, I'd agree with experts that it's time to break off the chase. You can still pursue, but not in a Code 3 mode. You follow and observe. Eventually, the perps will mess up, and if you played your cards right, you'll be there to pounce on them.

At the end of it, the 137 shot does seem like "overkill", no pun intended. BUT...keep in mind the original officers were shot at. There was a report a gun was thrown but not confirmed, until the end, when no gun was found in the car. So as far as the back up officers know, the suspects are still armed and willing to shoot. As far as no shell casings being in the car, if the suspects were shooting behind them, their arms would be out the window and the shell casings would have been ejected outside the car. If the suspects the pointed something out the window, pop can, cell phone, etc., in a hyped up state, in the dark, light bars flashing, spotlights glaring...it will be hard to discern what you're seeing. Once the first shot is fired, it becomes instinct to shoot as well.

In the end, the investigation will sort out facts from conjecture. In the end, had the suspects not set in to motion the events of that chase, the outcome may have been completely different. It all comes down to the initial confrontation. THAT moment sets everything else in to motion.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    Thanks I needed that coffee through my nose.

The Cleveland PD have never been good shots, I remember an article a few years agoe with multiple officers firing a stupid amount of shots at close range hitting no one.
    I think that would be the Keho brothers. I've seen it on Cops or something before & it's pretty amazing that from <10 yds they couldn't even hit the suburban the idiots were driving. I do imagine though that taking fire from that close range I'd be lucky to hit the ground upon returning fire. Ron White does a bit about it too.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Last Online

Premium Member

Deadly police chase from Cleveland into East Cleveland brings questions, leaves families sorrowful

EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The car being chased by Cleveland police late Thursday night was owned by driver Timothy Russell, but whether pursuing officers knew who was behind the wheel ó or that he had a lengthy criminal record ó is now in question.

East Cleveland police, who are investigating the incident that ended in their city with the shooting deaths of Russell and passenger Malissa Williams, say Cleveland police dispatchers identified ran the license plate for Russell during the course of a 25-minute chase through Cleveland, Bratenahl and East Cleveland.

ďI do not have direct information that the officers knew who was in the vehicle, but their dispatch did run the plate and provide the vehicle information to them during the pursuit,Ē East Cleveland Police Sgt. Scott Gardner said.

But Jeffery Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmenís Association, said at a news conference Saturday that pursuing officers did not know who was in the car at the time. Russell had a history of theft offenses, violent crime and, on two previous occasions, fleeing police ó all since 1997, according to public records.

Russell, who would have turned 44 on Dec. 9,[jew: 12/9/2012: ] and Williams, 30, died in a torrent of gunfire as 13 Cleveland police officers fired 137 rounds when the chase came to an end near an East Cleveland school. All 13 officers have been placed on paid leave.

The apparent uncertainty over whether police knew who they were chasing is one among a multitude of questions hanging over the incident.

There appear to be many others, including from why the officers fired at all ó there was no gun was found in the car ó to why they fired so many shots, to whether one of the suspects had first fired a gun, starting the chase in downtown Cleveland.

The chase began about 10:30 p.m. Thursday near the Justice Center in downtown Cleveland when two officers heard a shot come from Russellís car, Follmer said.

The car fled the scene. Officers from Bratenahl, East Cleveland, the State Highway Patrol and the Cuyahoga County Sheriffís Office joined in the pursuit.

It ended on a dead-end access street in East Cleveland, near Heritage Middle School, where Russell ďviolently rammed a police car and almost struck an officer,Ē Follmer said.

He said police can use deadly force when a suspect tries to use a vehicle as a weapon, even without shots fired at officers.

Chatter on the police radio during the chase included the possibility a weapon was seen and thrown from Russellís car, East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts said.

But no shell casings were found in the car, and police did not find a gun or bullet or shell casings near the Justice Center.

Gardner also said the Cuyahoga County medical examinerís office will do a gunshot-residue test on the bodies to determine if either might have fired at police. That will not be completed until later in the week.

The incident left Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath grasping for words Friday evening.

ďItís really with a heavy heart. I canít tell you how much this hurts the Cleveland Division of Police,Ē McGrath said at a news conference. ďWe work so hard. We worked so hard to make things good. Something like this, Iím not saying it makes us look bad because the investigation isnít completed yet, but itís a real challenge for us.Ē

But Follmer said Saturday that McGrath should not comment on the shooting until the investigation is complete.

Follmer said the police union was unnerved that McGrath called it a ďvery regrettable situationĒ that ďhurtsĒ his department.

ďI donít understand where the bad guys arenít still bad, and now itís the police officers,Ē Follmer told reporters and off-duty officers and their families at the CPPA hall.

ďThe officers involved are experienced and professional police officers,Ē he said. ďFor anyone who was not there to judge them without knowing all the facts, or to blame anyone else but the two occupants of that car for their own death, is ignorant and self-serving.

ďOur officers did a great job.Ē

Details, meanwhile, on the lives of Russell and Williams remained thin apart from court and police documents ó although Russellís father, David, said Saturday that he was shocked that his son had been killed.

Timothy Russell had been found guilty of domestic violence in Summit County, and had three convictions for receiving stolen property, one in Summit County and two in Cuyahoga. Russell also had four robbery convictions; Ohio law makes the distinction that robbery is any theft offense involving force or threat of force.

One of the stolen-property offenses also carried a felony failure-to-comply charge, in Cuyahoga County in 2008. He also was found guilty of misdemeanor failure to comply in Mentor Municipal Court earlier this year.

Failure to comply is often used when a motorist is fleeing from police. Russellís license was suspended in the Mentor case, a penalty that would have been lifted [jew: 12/2/2012: ]today.

Timothy Russellís former wife sought and received the dissolution of their marriage in Summit County in 2000, while he was in prison.

Malissa [jew: cq: ]Williams, the other occupant of the car, had five drug-related convictions in Cuyahoga County between 2004 and 2008. During that time she was also charged with rape and attempted abduction. The rape charge was dropped when she pleaded guilty to the lesser attempted-abduction count.

An online record does not carry details of that case., however.

Few family members for either Russell or Williams have come forward, but Timothy Russellís father said although he had not spoken with his son in recent days, ďhe was a good boy. All kids make you mad, but I taught him how to work. He worked. He went to church.

ďI wouldnít believe he would have a gun, not even a knife,Ē David Russell said in a phone interview Saturday.

ďEverybody liked him. They couldnít believe it was him. Itís pretty rough. It was a shock.Ē

Williamsí aunt, Dorothy Sigelmier, said in a phone interview that she helped raise her niece, whom she described as having mental disorders.

ďHer mother had her when she was young,Ē Sigelmier said. ďItís been very hard for her. She had a hard life.

ďShe was a good girl. She wouldnít have had a gun. She didnít even know how to use a gun.Ē ź

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._river_default

Last Online

Premium Member

Mother of Chase Suspect Wants Answers

CLEVELAND ó Martha Williams says she is heartbroken and doesnít understand why her daughter, 30-year-old Malissa Williams, was allegedly killed by Cleveland officers during a police involved shooting, and she wants to know why.

ďI was shocked,Ē Williams said, Saturday evening as she sat in her sisterís Garfield Heights home. ďI just bust out in tears, I am like, what happened, why? Why did they do this to her, she didnít bother nobody.Ē

Martha says it has been about a year since she saw her daughter. Family members say Malissa suffered from mental health issues, but had many people that loved her.

ďShe wants to know why, itís uncalled for, why they did it,Ē said Dorothy Sigelmier, Malissaís aunt. ďWe want justice for her.Ē

Police officials say the 25-minute chase started after an officer outside the justice center said someone from the suspect vehicle fired a shot at him. The chase ended in East Cleveland.

Williams and Timothy Russell died after 13 Cleveland Police officers fired off 137 rounds. No gun or shell casings were found in the suspectís vehicle. East Cleveland police are investigating.

ďI want answer, I want answers, I want the truth to come out,Ē said Walter Jackson Sr., Malissaís uncle.

Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask and Police Chief Michael McGrath say they want to express condolences to the friends and family of the two. McGrath has asked the FBI to assist in the review of the case.

Police union officials say the officers acted properly. The officers involved in the shooting in East Cleveland are currently on a three day leave. The officers have not yet been able to give their side of the case to investigators.

City officials say the chase has raised a number of issues and concerns including if the use of force by officers was necessary.

Timothy Russell had a prior charge of robbery and failure to comply with orders of officers, and Williams had a prior charge of attempted abduction and rape and drug possession.

ďI just want to know why they killed my baby, why they had to shoot them that many times, I donítí understand that,Ē Williams said.

Police officials say they are also investigating allegations that an officer said over the radio during the chase that the suspects had a pop can and not a gun.

Police Chief McGrath says they will search for answers to exactly what happened, and why, and he says they will also ask the U.S. Attorneyís office to assist in the investigation.

Video>>> http://fox8.com/2012/12/01/mother-of...wants-answers/

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 58 Posts

They wouldn't have no gun. They saw a church once. Just two lonely criminals searching for love,forcibly if needed, and dope and maybe somebody else's property.

I'm not saying the cops were right either,but these two winners certainly make it possible.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people defend shitheads like this. Look, just because you are kin to them doesn't mean they weren't pieces of shit. Let their priors speak for them. And check those family members for warrants too.
    EDDIE IS THE ULTIMATE ROCK DOG!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Few family members for either Russell or Williams have come forward, but Timothy Russellís father said although he had not spoken with his son in recent days, ďhe was a good boy. All kids make you mad, but I taught him how to work. He worked. He went to church.

ďI wouldnít believe he would have a gun, not even a knife,Ē David Russell said in a phone interview Saturday.

ďEverybody liked him. They couldnít believe it was him. Itís pretty rough. It was a shock.Ē

Williamsí aunt, Dorothy Sigelmier, said in a phone interview that she helped raise her niece, whom she described as having mental disorders.

ďHer mother had her when she was young,Ē Sigelmier said. ďItís been very hard for her. She had a hard life.

ďShe was a good girl. She wouldnít have had a gun. She didnít even know how to use a gun.Ē ź
    BULLSHIT!!! I'm sorry y'all, but I'm sick and God Damned tired of these family members completely ignoring the criminal history of their "loved ones." Timothy Williams had domestic abuse charges/convictions, firearm charges/convictions, forceable robbery convictions and drug convictions. Not to mention he constantly resisted, or ran, from the police. This dude has never shown one inkling of wanting to change his ways. So for his dad to paint him as a "good boy" is utter bullshit. Then to throw in "he goes to church." It's like the old saying goes; "Going to church and calling yourself a Christian is like standing in a garage and calling yourself a car." Just because he went means nothing. If you don't take anything away from the lessons & teaching, it's all for appearance, nothing else.

And Malissa Williams' family, basically saying the same things, must have overlooked her multiple drug convictions, her rape and kidnapping charges and fighting with police too. If you're that wrapped up in heinous crimes, like she was, you know how to use a weapon.

BOTH families need to take off the rose-colored glasses and see their kids for what they were. Criminals refusing to conform to society and it's laws. And eventually, when you lead this type of life, you reap what you sow.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

Premium Member

Family of victim shot dead by Cleveland police Thursday after high-speed chase speaks out

CLEVELAND - The family of Timothy Russell, one of two people shot dead by Cleveland police following a high-speed chase Thursday, is speaking out about the incident for the first time.

"Our family is deeply grieving the loss of Tim," said sister Michelle Russell, reading from a prepared statement. "Tim was a man of faith. He was not a violent man and he didn't own a gun."

Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams were chased by police Thursday night in an incident that ended in East Cleveland with both dead. Authorities, along with Russell's family, are asking why dozens of rounds were fired at the pair, and are calling for multiple investigations.

"We know that Tim was being chased, but we don't know any details. He was unarmed and executed by police. Tim didn't deserve to be killed," Michelle said. "One hundred thirty seven rounds can't be justified. This must be fully investigated by federal authorities."

When the family heard of the tragic news, they were devastated.

"I couldn't believe it. I thought whoever was in the car with him had to be the one shooting. My brother couldn't have done anything like that," Michelle said.

"It should've played out in the justice system and it didn't get that opportunity. It's too late for that. He's dead, gone," explained Tim's father, Dave Russell.

"We want to see Chief McGrath follow through with getting civil rights and the FBI involved," Paul Cristallo, the family's attorney said. "It will benefit the family and police to get an outside, federal investigation in conjunction with local authorities."

The Russells also want an apology from Cleveland's police union, saying the union calling officers in this incident "heroes" is "wrong."

The family has a lot of questions they want answers to:

- was the excessive force within the police department's guidelines?
    - were the number of shots fired justified?
    - why was the pursuit outside of policies and procedures?
    - where were CPD supervisors and why did this happen?

"Use of force. You sit back and say how do you fire 137 shots at two unarmed people at a car?" Cristallo said.

At an earlier news conference, with Mayor Frank Jackson and Cleveland's police chief, they said 12 officers involved were white and one was Hispanic. But the family isn't jumping to say race was a factor.

"We don't know if race played a part in this at all. Again, all the more reason why the FBI should be doing an investigation. When you have people executed in this fashion, you need outside sources to come in," explained Cristallo. He's pushing for that saying East Cleveland is "underfunded and has a history of problems and troubles."

The family has not filed any civil action at this point.

"We're encouraged that the chief has indicated willingness to bring a federal agency in to determine what happened," said Cristallo. "We will accept the truth provided there's evidence to support it."

"My brother wasn't a bad person. He had such a big heart," Michelle said. When asked about her brother's criminal background, she said, "everyone has a past."

While Cleveland police maintain they heard a "loud noise" possibly a gunshot outside the Justice Center on Thursday, the Russell family said maybe it was a car noise they heard instead. Timothy was given a car from his brother four days before the incident happened. The family said it had a bad muffler but was unsure of any other problems, if any.

The Russells didn't know Malissa, who police said was homeless and living at a shelter, they haven't spoken to any of her family members or friends and have no idea where the two would have met.

"People of all faiths, please pray for our family. Please pray for Malissa's family. We know that God will write all wrongs," Michelle said crying. "We also want to thank everyone who has offered condolences."

Timothy's brother Dave Russell Jr. was the last person to see him alive, shortly before the high-speed chase began Thursday. Timothy leaves behind a teen son.

A vigil to honor Timothy's life and Malissa's is set for 4 p.m. and the Russell family said they will be there.

"When I was young, I ran from the police a couple times," said Timothy's father, Dave Russell. "They should've been burying me instead of (my son). I taught him how to work. I ain't never had to get him out of an ordeal. I miss him is all I can say."

The Russell family hasn't given up on police and said they still trust them.

"Maybe this was out of anger, I don't know," said Michelle. "You need your justice department at any given time. Just because someone did something wrong, doesn't make them all bad."

Funeral services for Timothy will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at The Sanctuary of Praise, 8788 Hadden Rd. in Twinsburg. The service begins at 11 a.m. and is open to the public.

Timothy was a 1988 graduate of Twinsburg High School and was interested in getting into ministry.

Video>>> http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...ase-speaks-out

"...unarmed and executed by the police."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

I know a Cleveland Cop and he said George Lucas was by yesterday. Wants to clone one of them to create Stormtroopers.

Seriously I blame both parties. If you don't know to stop when you see sirens, well you are a dumbass. I don't care what type of upbringing you had, you are 100% at fault for putting yourself in a situation to piss off police. I don't like cops who pass out speeding tickets but those guys (especially in Cleveland) have to put themselves in harms way all the time. Most of these patrols only have one person and its a scary situation. It's like being in the military where danger is at every turn. Eventually you will fuck up.

That is where I blame the 137 shots. I can't see how that is justified. Now maybe somebody was shooting an assault shotgun with buckshot? I mean that would go through a car and would leave far more bullet holes than 137 individual shots.

Anyway had then just pulled over, this wouldn't have happened. Yeah if the cops didn't shoot first it wouldn't have either but pull the fuck over.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

I believe the average cop never discharges his weapon on duty even once in a career, ...some police departments require training couple of times per year, but I think others do less

and I know someone who conducts trainings and he said that it is a shame but a lot of the trainers are not very good

going to a range to fire on your own time is an expensive proposition

so I would imagine that the average police officer is not exactly a "marksman"
    but it looks like some of the officers in this event were really Barney Fife-ing it

I'm sure they will announce some training changes as a result of this

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    ...it looks like some of the officers in this event were really Barney Fife-ing it...
    They maybe shoulda just left it in their shirt pocket.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford