Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:34 AM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Ron Paul farewell speech

farewell you election wild card!

a unique voice that will be missed

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Ron Paul: The Real Solutions Aren't Even Discussed!

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.25.15 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    farewell you election wild card!

a unique voice that will be missed

I think him being an "election wild card" implies that his presence had some sort of impact.

Unless you consider putting "Ron Paul Revolution" stickers on the back of stop signs, I think he falls short...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillybri76 View Post
    I think him being an "election wild card" implies that his presence had some sort of impact.

Unless you consider putting "Ron Paul Revolution" stickers on the back of stop signs, I think he falls short...
    Some would say he cost Romney the election. Many of his supporters refused to vote at all or voted for Gary Johnson costing Romney the election.

He is one of the greatest statesmen of our day and he will be missed by many just because he had an opposing view from the major party (dem/rep) which there is little to no difference between.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,145 Times in 8,966 Posts

Amen.

I for one am just happy to have someone in Washington that actually thinks for themself, instead of just following the party line.

Even if I didn't agree with the guy on a lot of topics, he actually BELIEVED in what he was saying, not telling me what he thought I wanted to hear or what Boehner or Pelosi told him to say.

Maybe they shouldn't have kicked the Ron Paul delegates out of the Republican National Convention? Just a thought.

If the Romney campaign would have even made an effort to include Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, it would have made a huge difference on election day.

Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Repubs don't need to moderate they need to embrace libertarians.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

The thing is, while I disagree with Ron Paul on something like gay marriage...Truthfully, he is for states rights, but his own personal belief is that gays shouldn't be able to get married. Obviously we don't agree there. But he has an honest track record, so I could at least take him at his word for what he says about states rights. Sometimes honesty can mean an awful lot. You take a guy like Romney, who has flip flopped, and I can't trust the man enough to vote for him. That's why I'm not effective when people lobby on behalf of someone like Romney... It has no effect on me. People have been voting for people with shaky track records for decades, and it has not got us anywhere.

That said, I will not call myself a democrat or republican ever again. Too much baggage.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Repubs don't need to moderate they need to embrace libertarians.
    That is the other, may I be so bold as to say "better", way of looking at it. I totally agree.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Never before in history has a "revolution" achieved so little.

Maybe his douchebag son will pick up the torch and also be unable to do anything remotely successful while running for president forty times.

One can hope...

P.S. Jon Huntsman could've beaten Obama, but since he didn't pass the ideological purity test, the GOP dropped him. Bad move, geniuses.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

To say Ron Paul has not done anything remotely successful is ridiculous at best.

Just being a medical officer in the military and then delivering thousands of babies in his life means he has done more with his life than most people in this country will ever contribute to our society.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default Steadfast Statesman Steps Down

Steve Forbes, Forbes Staff
    Op/Ed
    |
    11/26/2012 @ 11:01AM

IF THERE WERE a Mount Rushmore for formidable defenders of our freedoms, sculptors would already be chiseling in the likeness of retiring Representative Ron Paul (R-Tex.).

More than any other elected official today, Dr. Paul has made sound money—money whose value is fixed to gold—a respectable subject for debate. Paul understands the profound truth that a gold-based currency is critical for preserving liberty. Funny-money policies are a form of government coercion, allowing authorities to arbitrarily change the real value of transactions. A weak currency gives certain parties windfall gains—think commodity producers, especially oil—and other parties an arbitrary loss. Like a computer virus, an unstable dollar corrupts the information conveyed by prices in the marketplace. It undermines social trust, giving people the demoralizing feeling of being prey to forces beyond their control. Demagogues thrive in such an environment.

Sound money, in contrast, promotes prosperity and undergirds the rule of law. Four thousand years of experience conclusively proves that gold, to which our dollar was tied for 180 years, is the best preserver of a currency’s value.

Though he’s out of elective politics, Dr. Paul’s voice will still be heard, which will hasten the day that the dollar is once again linked to gold.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevefor...ps-down/print/
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    To say Ron Paul has not done anything remotely successful is ridiculous at best.

Just being a medical officer in the military and then delivering thousands of babies in his life means he has done more with his life than most people in this country will ever contribute to our society.
    Did I even remotely reference anything about Paul's life outside of politics? Nope. Straw man.

In the political realm, however, I stand by my assessment of his so-called "revolution". If that is what constitutes a revolution in this day and age, the word must no longer have any meaning. People in Syria, Libya, etc. are fighting and dying in actual revolutions against truly evil motherfuckers, not having extended policy-based hissy fits like Paul & Co.

Just because he and his supporters scream and whine when the mainstream GOP ignore him and his nonsense doesn't make the guy a revolutionary.

If he had any political balls whatsoever, he would've left the GOP a long time ago and run for President as an independent...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

The GOP is the problem, not Ron Paul. If they would actually include REAL fiscal conservatives that don't believe in running up trillions of dollars in additional debt, maybe they would have won the election. The current Republican Party has become a fucking joke, and I am one! Heaven forbid if you are a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, the modern Republican Party wants nothing to do with you. There is a reason Romney lost the election, these people in mass did NOT vote for him. And why should they, he completely cut them out of the Republican Party.

They are chasing away are large portion of their base right into the Libertarian Party or God forbid the Blue Dog Democrats.

Maybe, just maybe, if they had included people who are fiscal conservatives, guys like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, guys who actually have some common fucking sense to them, maybe they would have won.

Just because the idiots in Washington don't take what he says seriously does not make him a straw man. On a multitude of issues he is dead right. We spend too much, we tax too much, our military expenditures are ridiculous, our monetary policy is insane, our drug policy is ludicrous. We are 4.4% of the world population, yet we spend 41% of the worlds defense spending. Just think how much better our country would be if that had been spent on roads, schools, hospitals, scientific study, etc.

So please explain why he is a straw man. What is it about a man that is not a sell out to either the GOP or the Democratic Party so abominable to you?

If I had a choice between Ron Paul, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama for President, I would choose Ron Paul every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Gary Johnson would be incredibly superior to all of them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    So please explain why he is a straw man. What is it about a man that is not a sell out to either the GOP or the Democratic Party so abominable to you?
    I didn't say he is a straw man, I said you made a straw man argument by bringing up his military service and career as an OB/GYN. Neither of those points had anything to do with what I was saying.

I submit that Ron Paul IS a sell out to the GOP because even though he knew he had ZERO chance of winning their nomination, he still sought it instead of doing the truly gutsy thing and running as an independent.

I would've respected that decision. Instead, he allowed himself to be lumped in with Bachmann, Santorum, Cain and the rest of the dreck that wanted to be the GOP standard-bearer in 2012. Great company, Dr. Paul!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

First of all, if you read your original post it is easy to see how it could be implied that you were stating his life accomplishments, as you did not limit your comment to just his political career. Therefore, not a straw man argument based upon your post. In retrospect, it is now obvious that is not what you meant, if I had known that I wouldn't have made the point.

Secondly, many people believe, and Ron Paul is not the first, that the way you change an organization is from the inside. He knows he has zero chance of winning the Presidency as a Libertarian or Independent candidate. Not sure how you can say he had zero chance of winning the nomination as a Republican. It was a HORRIBLE field. People said the same thing about Ronald Reagan when he announced he was running for President, that he had ZERO chance of getting the nomination. Upon looking on it and seeing Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, Perry, Gingrich and Romney, you would have to think he believed he had a chance, as who would vote for any of those nuts?

Everyone knew that Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich and Santorum had no shot. Bachmann's an idiot, Cain's an idiot, Gingrich and Santorum are un-electable. That leaves you with Perry and Romney. Perry came off as clueless in the debates. That left Romney to beat. If you are entering a race thinking you only have Mitt Romney to beat for the nomination, you probably believe you have a chance.