Thread: Where's Dave?

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's been a couple of month's since the "Sam & Dave" show and there's hardly been a blip on the radar screen coming from David Lee Roth. He did a show at a festival for a couple hundred people and that's about it.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "It's gonna be a long time before we hear from Dave again".
    He made a few mil. with Sam, so I'm sure all the bills and utilities are paid up. He might do a show at a fair or a vegas show here and there for some "walking around money" BUT
    No New Album
    No Multi-City Tour
    No Public Appearances
    No Interviews
    All the Rothtards rip on Sam for his criticism of Dave. What he says in his interviews, his promoting of his Tequila, etc. EVERYTHING about the man! I will say this, he cares deeply for his fans. He never leaves us in the dark.

A year from now (god willing and this site is still up) I'll archive this post and prove it!
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep quiet or:
    1) Go on a Hollywood Squares with the rest of the washups of the entertainment industry.
    2)Release an album that doesn't even sell enough to cover the cost of the carboard boxes it was shipped in.
    3)Change your material to fit in with national sporting events, "There's only one way to BOX on FOX."
    4)Play free concerts during drive times in parks in San Francisco.
    5)Go on MTV and decorate someones house CABO style.
    6)Make sure fans are drunk enough on your tequilla so they will continue to open their wallets blindly to buy your half ass products.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As a Sammy fan I'll answer these happily! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Originally posted by man of the people:
    Keep quiet or:
    1) Go on a Hollywood Squares with the rest of the washups of the entertainment industry.

Really loved seeing Sammy on it. It was cool to see him with other people outside the "Rock and Roll" enviroment. I have NO Problem with it at all. Sammy was on ALL the regular music circuits back in his heyday. Circuit's I no longer watch (MTV, etc.) Kinda cool watching H2 after dinner w/ my family and seeing my hero!
    2)Release an album that doesn't even sell enough to cover the cost of the carboard boxes it was shipped in.
    Only proves he's doing it for love and not for money. I for one LOVE Not 4 Sale. Very, very good cd. I wish he'd promote more.
    3)Change your material to fit in with national sporting events, "There's only one way to BOX on FOX."
    Who cares?
    4)Play free concerts during drive times in parks in San Francisco.
    Excuse me? I'm lost? How is this a bad thing? A FREE concert? You're bitching?
    5)Go on MTV and decorate someones house CABO style.
    I'd give almost ANYTHING to be as lucky as those folks!
    6)Make sure fans are drunk enough on your tequilla so they will continue to open their wallets blindly to buy your half ass products.
    That tequila has been proclaimed the third best in the world. It is a lot cheaper than the two ahead of it. If you can't afford it, then don't criticize it. As for the other trinkets, again, don't like it, don't buy it.

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave is on the front bumber of American popular culture as we know it! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As a Sammy fan I'll answer these happily
    if you're such a sammy fan- then why do you care so much about where Dave is?

one of my fav dave quotes from back in the day was when he addressed a question about people who hate him- and i forget the exact verbage- but it was something like-"some people love me, some people hate me- its all good just as long as everyone is paying attention and having a good time..." - i guess the point being that there is a fine line between love and hate- if you didn't care for him at all- you would be indifferent...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sam fans need to realize that he is just as irrelevant as Dave in todays market.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 55starfire:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> As a Sammy fan I'll answer these happily
    if you're such a sammy fan- then why do you care so much about where Dave is?

one of my fav dave quotes from back in the day was when he addressed a question about people who hate him- and i forget the exact verbage- but it was something like-"some people love me, some people hate me- its all good just as long as everyone is paying attention and having a good time..." - i guess the point being that there is a fine line between love and hate- if you didn't care for him at all- you would be indifferent...
    </font>[/QUOTE]I never said I hate Dave. I actually love the early VH stuff. I simply am a huge Hagar fan. Always have been, always will be.

My purpose of starting this thread is that no matter what Sam does, there's always a several Rothtards that chime in regardless of the substance of what it is Sam is saying/doing. Case in point: The S.F. free concert. How can anyone criticize that?
    As a spin, I'm arguing that DLR isn't this "great guy", cool "Rock Star" all the Roth-heads think he is. I think he's a very shallow person who cares only for himself. The only motivation he has is money. I think he gives a fuck less about his fans. Once he has enough money, he goes back to being a hermit.

MARD-The Movie

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i have managed to steer clear of the dave vs. sam arguments for a couple months now... it was a difficult habit to give up, but i feel like a better person now that i have quit...

so ya'll will have to carry on without me... happy bashing!
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by 55starfire:
    i have managed to steer clear of the dave vs. sam arguments for a couple months now... it was a difficult habit to give up, but i feel like a better person now that i have quit...

so ya'll will have to carry on without me... happy bashing!
    You're a good man. I'm trying but, I'm not quite clean and sober yet!

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by man of the people:
    Sam fans need to realize that he is just as irrelevant as Dave in todays market.
    I don't know if they are equal in irrelevancy, BUT they are both down at the bottom... Face it, they're a dying, if not dead, breed. Same goes for Van Halen.
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ebmm_axis:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by man of the people:
    I don't know if they are equal in irrelevancy, BUT they are both down at the bottom... Face it, they're a dying, if not dead, breed. Same goes for Van Halen.</font>[/QUOTE]You speak truth, Young Jedi [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    [/qb]
    That tequila has been proclaimed the third best in the world. It is a lot cheaper than the two ahead of it. If you can't afford it, then don't criticize it. As for the other trinkets, again, don't like it, don't buy it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hey, I hear that spammys next move is THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 albums
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    It's been a couple of month's since the "Sam & Dave" show and there's hardly been a blip on the radar screen coming from David Lee Roth. He did a show at a festival for a couple hundred people and that's about it.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "It's gonna be a long time before we hear from Dave again".
    He made a few mil. with Sam, so I'm sure all the bills and utilities are paid up. He might do a show at a fair or a vegas show here and there for some "walking around money" BUT
    No New Album
    No Multi-City Tour
    No Public Appearances
    No Interviews
    All the Rothtards rip on Sam for his criticism of Dave. What he says in his interviews, his promoting of his Tequila, etc. EVERYTHING about the man! I will say this, he cares deeply for his fans. He never leaves us in the dark.

A year from now (god willing and this site is still up) I'll archive this post and prove it!
    Dave & DLR Band will be at the Aladdin (Las Vegas) on Dec. 7.
    DLR Band is working on a new album.
    No interviews? Probably better than whining all the time and talking thrash about somebody else.

Yes, I'm a Rothtard and proud of it!

[ November 04, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: FilthyLilMouth ]
    <a href="http://www.DiamondDavidLeeRoth.com/forums" target="_blank">http://www.DiamondDavidLeeRoth.com/forums</a>

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Yeah but Dave's penis is bigger and more flamboyant than Sammy's short fat cheese penis!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by FilthyLilMouth:
    Dave & DLR Band will be at the Aladdin (Las Vegas) on Dec. 7.
    DLR Band is working on a new album.
    No interviews? Probably better than whining all the time and talking thrash about somebody else.

Yes, I'm a Rothtard and proud of it!
    That's gonna be one L-O-N-G album! How many years has he been working on it?

MARD-The Movie