Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elmo Scandal

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Elmo Scandal

Sesame Workshop Smartly Gets In Front Of Elmo Scandal

Kevin Clash, the puppeteer behind iconic Elmo of Sesame Street, has taken a leave of absence to fight accusations that he had a sexual relationship with an underage boy.

Today, Sesame Workshop, the company that produces Sesame Street, issued the following statement, which can also be found on its website:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/juliabri...-elmo-scandal/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ex-with-minor/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.25.15 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Sesame Workshop Smartly Gets In Front Of Elmo Scandal

Kevin Clash, the puppeteer behind iconic Elmo of Sesame Street, has taken a leave of absence to fight accusations that he had a sexual relationship with an underage boy.

Today, Sesame Workshop, the company that produces Sesame Street, issued the following statement, which can also be found on its website:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/juliabri...-elmo-scandal/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ex-with-minor/
    Damn! Mitt Romney was right!!!

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

NEW YORK (AP) — A man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teenage boy has recanted his story.

In a quick turnabout, the man on Tuesday described his sexual relationship with Clash as adult and consensual.

Clash responded with a statement of his own, saying he is "relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest." He had no further comment.

The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pa., law firm Andreozzi & Associates.

Sesame Workshop, which produces "Sesame Street" in New York, soon followed by saying, "We are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode."

Puppet butts aren't the only thing he's into...hi-o

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

My least favorite Muppet of all time.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    My least favorite Muppet of all time.
    Agreed...cookie monster is where it's at.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

The guy recanted his story.

I was hoping for a Diddle Me Elmo commercial parody on SNL. Oh well.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Accuser Recants Allegation Against Elmo Puppeteer

9:27 p.m. | Updated The man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice and puppeteer of the “Sesame Street” character Elmo, of an under-age sexual relationship has recanted that claim, his lawyer said on Tuesday.

The reversal came a day after the claim was published by the gossip Web site TMZ, threatening Mr. Clash’s reputation and alarming parents and other fans of the beloved children’s television franchise.

Andreozzi & Associates, a law firm that said it represented the anonymous accuser, said in a statement on Tuesday afternoon that “he wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.” The statement added, “He will have no further comment on the matter.”

Mr. Clash said through a spokeswoman: “I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further.”

The statements were followed by detectable sighs of relief from those who had been alarmed by seeing the words “under-age sex” in the same sentence as “Elmo” (whose name was trending on Twitter nationwide on Tuesday evening).

“We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode,” said Sesame Workshop, the organization that produces “Sesame Street.”

The organization did not say when — or even whether — Mr. Clash would return to work at “Sesame Street.” On Sunday, he took a leave of absence when it became clear that TMZ was going to publish an article about the accusation of inappropriate and possibly illegal conduct.

The Web site said on Monday that the accuser, now 24 years old, contacted Sesame Workshop last summer and claimed that, beginning at age 16, he had a sexual relationship with Mr. Clash. “Voice of Elmo Denies Sex With Under-Age Boy,” the site’s headline read. Mr. Clash, now 52 years old, responded by saying that the relationship “was between two consenting adults” — something that the accuser affirmed on Tuesday afternoon. The accuser’s law firm did not respond to follow-up questions.

Mr. Clash has played Elmo on “Sesame Street” for decades. He was profiled in a documentary last year, “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.” When his accuser first contacted Sesame Workshop in June, officials at the organization ordered up several investigations, both by its own staff and by outside firms. They all concluded that the accusation was false.

Despite that, the accuser’s claim was published by TMZ. The site followed up on Tuesday with excerpts from an explicit e-mail said to be from Mr. Clash, which the Web site pointed out was “sent well after the accuser turned 18.” Harvey Levin, the editor of TMZ, did not respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

The episode this week led to Mr. Clash coming out as a gay man, something he had not previously discussed in public. “I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter,” he said in the statement on Monday.

Production of “Sesame Street” has been unaffected by Mr. Clash’s leave of absence. Mr. Clash had been helping to identify other puppeteers who could play Elmo for some time, and they will fill in for him while he is away from work, a Sesame Workshop executive said on Monday.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...lmo-puppeteer/

So what do we have here? Another jilted lover possibly destroying another persons career through whistle blowing, even though this time it was stopped dead in it's tracks.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Oh, o.k. That's good. It was just a perfectly normal misunderstanding afterall, what a relief.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

Didn't an assistant basketball coach at Syracuse have his career ruined by one of these false accusations, to only have the re-cant his story later.

Why aren't people like this charged for false accusations? I am no legal expert, but I thought it was illegal.

Libel if writtern, slander if spoken, correct?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's just be clear that *Elmo* was not accused of anything.
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Tires View Post
    Let's just be clear that *Elmo* was not accused of anything.
    I'm accusing Elmo. Since the statue of limitations is up. I feel safe coming forward.

Hi. My name is Pete. And I was once hit on by Elmo, backstage, at a Sesame Street Live performance.

It all started innocently enough. I was working for a radio station and was asked to be the MC for the performances. I was talking to Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert and Ernie about whether Gordon & Maria were secretly having an affair. We were sharing a few laughs when Oscar and Elmo walked up. Things got quiet, quuuuuick. The subject changed to the prices in the co-op's going up. I'm guessing Oscar is quit the gossip?!?!

Sensing the tension, Grover wandered off muttering; you're all a bunch of commies." I looked at Bert and innocently asked; "what crawled all over his pecker and decided to stay?"

Before he could answer, Elmo said; "I'd like to crawl all over your pecker and stay." And started giggling. AND HE WOULDN'T STOP!!!

The nightmares are horrendous. Every time I hear that giggle, I crawl in to a corner, curl up in the fetal position and start singing A Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran."

It has taken the joy out of my memories of many childhood days, learning to count with The Count, communication with friends, like Bert & Ernie. Unconditional acceptance like Big Bird and Snuffy.

Once I heard this story, I had to come forward and share my story, in hopes that it will help break the chains that bind others who have been traumatized by that perverted, nasty, giggling fluff of red fur.

Thank You.

BTW...this is all true. Except for the co-op stuff. And Oscar was a really cool dude. It's just "an act."
    Last edited by RRMB; 11.14.12 at 07:39 AM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Didn't an assistant basketball coach at Syracuse have his career ruined by one of these false accusations, to only have the re-cant his story later.

Why aren't people like this charged for false accusations? I am no legal expert, but I thought it was illegal.

Libel if writtern, slander if spoken, correct?
    Agree. There should be some sort of perjury charge or something that can be pressed against this accuser.

Also, if I was this guy, I would slap a huge defamation lawsuit against the so call accuser.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Well there are other innocent victims here that may never recover, like Elmo. How can you ever look at that annoying bastard the same again?
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

wow we have a General who can't handle his privates and a puppeteer's gay luva who needs to put a sock in it

that's America.......

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    wow we have a General who can't handle his privates and a puppeteer's gay luva who needs to put a sock in it

that's America.......
    the combination of "gay", "puppeteer" and "sock" put a disturbing image in my head - thanks a frickin' lot!