Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default "STOP USING YOUR WHEELCHAIR AS A CRUTCH."

WOW!! REALLY!?!? I pride myself in having turned over a new leaf. I'm slower to anger and even slower to fight. But after reading this story, I wouldn't have hesitated stomping a mudhole in fatty's ass, and walking it dry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223059/Marine-lost-legs-Afghanistan-forced-restaurant-cruel-taunts-rival-football-fans.html

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 6,827 Times in 3,569 Posts

Premium Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ball-fans.html

'Stop using your wheelchair as a crutch': Marine who lost legs in Afghanistan forced out of restaurant with his family after cruel taunts from rival football fans

Daily Mail

A U.S. Marine who lost both his legs in Afghanistan was forced to leave a Charlotte restaurant with his family after local football fans hurled vile abuse at them for wearing Dallas Cowboys jerseys.

Marine Garrett Carnes, of Mooresville, North Carolina attended Sundayís Carolina Panthersí game against the Cowboys with his wife Courtney, their parents, and friends Brett and Nicole Coburn.

After the game, which the Cowboys won 19-14, the group stopped at the Moosehead Grill for dinner. Several members of the party, including Garrett Carnes, were proudly wearing their Dallas Cowboys jerseys.

A group of disgruntled Panthers fans spotted their jerseys and started to taunt Carnes and his group even before they entered the restaurant.

'Courtney was the first one out of the vehicle, and while she was getting Garrettís wheelchair, one guy immediately started yelling at her,' Brett Coburn told The Charlotte Observer.

Once in the restaurant, the Panthers fans continued to mock Carnes and his group. One person told Garrett Carnes: 'Donít use your wheelchair as a crutch.'

Carnes, who is still undergoing treatment for his wounds at a Washington-area hospital, told them he was a veteran who had lost his legs in Afghanistan.

The situation quickly deteriorated and according to witnesses the two parties almost came to blows after one of the Panthers fans approached Carnes in a threatening manner.

Other patrons stepped in to defuse the situation, but staff asked Garrett Carnes and his party to leave. The police were called by Courtney Carnes, although no charges were filed.

Carnesí mother, Rhonda, has since addressed a note to restaurant patrons on Facebook. She wrote: 'Why didnít any of you stand up for my son and daughter? And to think my son almost died for every single person in that bar, by defending all your freedom.'

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:02 AM
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,118 Posts

Premium Member

I feel like there has to be more to this story. I mean...there's no way people are that vile...right?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe, but (stupid) sports fans plus a lot of beer can equal some really vile behavior.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for the hookup 47. Tough to copy & paste from my phone.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:34 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

At least one or two people involved in that altercation needed a hard fucking punch to the face.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:19 AM
    Liked 1,478 Times in 1,008 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Maybe, but (stupid) sports fans plus a lot of beer can equal some really vile behavior.
    Yup.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:02 AM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    well, I guess you can look at it from the perspective that they were not discriminated against...they were treated the same way anyone else in Cowboys Jerseys would have been treated in a bar Panther country

but all they should have had to say is Afghanistan and that whole bar of nimrods should have been buying him drinks and comping his meal

lots of our guys and gals have a long way to go...and lots of them have injuries that are less obvious than the guy in a wheelchair

support them anyway you can "the greatest casualty is being forgotten"

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

So much for southern hospitality but then Charlotte has changed alot the last 10 or so years. Last time I was there a few years ago it seemed everyone I met had moved there from the rust belt.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    but all they should have had to say is Afghanistan and that whole bar of nimrods should have been buying him drinks and comping his meal

lots of our guys and gals have a long way to go...and lots of them have injuries that are less obvious than the guy in a wheelchair

support them anyway you can "the greatest casualty is being forgotten"

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    agree 100%
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Ignorant fucktards. Shane on the restaurant for kicking the hero and his family out. Thy should have booted out Billy-Joe-Bob and his band of inbred brothers!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

And to think these redneck towns think they are the "true" America...
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    And to think these redneck towns think they are the "true" America...
    Nah, true America is professional sports team worship.

Considering Charlotte just hosted the Democratic National Convention, it is anything but a redneck town.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

As with most stories, two sides....Here is a further update which appears to make it out that both families were at fault..............

The owner of a south Charlotte restaurant says he is “heartbroken” over an incident Sunday in which bantering between football fans got out of control, resulting in a U.S. Marine who lost both legs in Afghanistan being forced to leave the eatery with his wife, parents and friends.

Chris Neilsen, owner of the Moosehead Grill on Montford Drive, has been in contact with family members of Marine Garrett Carnes, of Mooresville, following the incident that Neilsen says “was awful.”

“I want to somehow make it right by them,” Neilsen says.

During a verbal altercation that some witnesses said almost came to blows, one patron allegedly told Carnes he was using his wheelchair “as an excuse.”

In an interview with The Observer, however, the fan said Carnes and members of his party were equally abusive. And he denied making a remark about the Marine’s wheelchair.

The incident happened after Carnes, his wife Courtney, their parents, and friends Brett and Nicole Coburn stopped at the restaurant for dinner after attending the Carolina Panthers’ game against Dallas. Several members of the party, including Garrett Carnes, were wearing Dallas Cowboys jerseys.

“Courtney was the first one out of the vehicle, and while she was getting Garrett’s wheelchair, one guy immediately started yelling at her,” said Brett Coburn, who described the man’s comments as “taunts.”

Coburn said that when the group reached the front door, the fan was waiting for them.

“He was standing at the door, and he started harassing us because of the Cowboys jerseys,” Coburn said.

He said the fan told Garrett Carnes, “Don’t use your wheelchair as a crutch.”

The fan, who did not want to give his name, gave a different account.

“Moosehead is a Panthers’ bar,” he said. “When they came, wearing the Cowboys’ jerseys, I started up on them. I asked them if they were Cowboys fans who lived in North Carolina.”

“I’m not going to fight someone in a wheelchair,” the fan said.

“I’m sorry it happened,” the fan said Thursday. “It just got out of control. I wish I could talk to him (Garrett).”

According to multiple accounts of the incident, Carnes told the patron – and others who were ridiculing the group for being Cowboys’ fans – that he was a veteran and had lost his legs in Afghanistan.

Members of the Carnes-Coburn party tried to “defend ourselves verbally,” Brett Coburn said.

“We were going back and forth,” the fan said. “Yes, it got out of control.”

The fan said one woman in the Carnes-Coburn party swore at him.

He said the fan walked toward Carnes in a threatening way, and some other patrons stepped in to break it up. The fan said he walked away and did not confront the group.

Neilsen said his employees are trained to separate possible combatants, in an effort to defuse such situations. On Sunday, staff members asked Garrett Carnes and his party to leave, while they took the fan to another area of the restaurant.

“It spiraled out of control,” Coburn says.

Courtney Carnes called police, but no charges were filed.

Neilsen said he arrived at the restaurant after the group had left and was in the parking lot, talking to police.

“I didn’t want them to leave,” he said of the Carnes-Coburn party, “but I understand why they left. I’m miserable. My heart hurts for them.”

He said the trouble was caused by people who “are not regulars” at the restaurant and added that the fan was not welcome to return.

Carnes, who is still undergoing treatment for his wounds at a Washington-area hospital, is trying to stay out of the dispute, Coburn said. Carnes’ mother, Rhonda, addressed a note to restaurant patrons on Facebook, saying, “Why didn’t any of you stand up for my son and daughter? And to think my son almost died for every single person in that bar, by defending all your freedom.”

The fan told the Observer, “He (Carnes) is a veteran, and I appreciate what he did for this country. But I don’t appreciate how abusive they were.”
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand why sports are fun. I don't understand how sports fans get to the point of physical altercations with each other, for liking a different team in the same sport. Do they not realize without the competition there's no sport? Would they rather just watch one team run laps all afternoon? Or maybe every sport should be like watching the Harlem Globetrotters, with a fake "Generals" team to show up and lose every game. Then everyone could go home happy. Dummies.
    Staying Frosty