Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

leno just said theres rumors of a vh reunion with dave...strangely the audience didnt seem to excited about it....then he said it consisted of eddie asking dave if he takes requests at the wedding daves doing.....seems like vh is just one big joke now.....
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

unfortunately,
    to the general public they have been a joke for quite some time. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

I wouldn't take what Jay Leno reads off a teleprompter with too much senserity. And again, Jay's audience isn't exactly aimed for your typical VH fan. It's funny if you're an old fart or a high school kid. His ratings show it. Letterman rules!
    "And now for the benediction..."
    - DLR (Blossom 5/29/02)

"It's a great day for Hockey."
    - "Badger" Bob Johnson

Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

I wouldn't take what Jay Leno reads off a teleprompter with too much senserity. And again, Jay's audience isn't exactly aimed for your typical VH fan. It's funny if you're an old fart or a high school kid. His ratings show it. Letterman rules!
    "And now for the benediction..."
    - DLR (Blossom 5/29/02)

"It's a great day for Hockey."
    - "Badger" Bob Johnson

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Until they prove otherwise, they ARE a joke. They used to not be, but they are now. Honestly, without a biased opinion, what have they done since 97 that isn't worthy of being considered a joke to the general public? I know we like them, but lets face it, until they prove themselves again, the PUBLIC continues to laugh, and I can't say I blame them. Mama always told me, earn your keep or get the hell out!! What have you done for me lately? Yeah, they've proved themselves in the past, but sooner or later, the leader of the pack gets pushed aside by the up and coming buck unless he maintains his dominance. VH better start kicking some buck ass, or they are just gonna be another old fart out to pasture. Sorry to be so glum, but I like to put it all on the table.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhoHalen:
    Letterman rules!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Conan's the best
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You know why VH are considered a joke? Because they committed the unpardonable sin of being rock and roll stars that didn't die at 30.

The Rolling Stones make solid music, and play good live shows, but they still get ragged on by the comics for the same reason.

Meanwhile Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison are looked upon as Gods because they died before they had a chance to get old and irrelevant.

VH will never be "cool" again, let's not fool ourselves here. They'll be cool to us, but to a large segment, like people who watch Leno or Lettermen, they'll be that band that recorded Jump and then never went away.

That's not really a bad thing, it's just reality. Name any band in their late 40's who are cool, and not for their nostaligic past, but for what they are creating currently.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ACDC had Stiff Upper Lip. But they are still 95% popular for the nostalgia. Aerosmith a few year ago was pretty popular with Nine Lives, and they are still gaining popularity for the new single Jaded. So VH can still be "cool" to the public if they put out a solid single. And Letterman is a big VH fan, so he will never rip on VH or anything I don't think. He will probably have them on the show. But that whole comment on Leno was more about Dave than VH, and with his last album sales he might as well be performing at weddings, so don't get too offended.
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

Like Charlie Sheen said last night on Leno, referring to Leno's jokes about him...I take it as a honor, at least people are talking about me. If no one cared they wouldn't talk. And Van Halen is not a joke...how can anyone call one of the greatest guitar players of all time a joke? Seriously, I don't get it.
    GO PENS!!

"Have fun in Canada, Boomhauer. Don't you dare come back a hockey fan.​" - Hank Hill

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Glenn's point is a good one...Zep are still considered cool, but Glenn was referring to active bands...

We really aren't talking about the nd of the world...just the cycle of life...

Also, quality always recycles and gets remembered...the rock community will remember VH when they leave the stage...they will be universally respected by anyone who knows what they are talking about...(This dosen't include that overrated dufus, Tom Morello)

In 50 years, kids who are serious about guitar will still look to Jimi, Pagey, SRV, and EVH because them boys could play...Anyone with two ears and half a brain will always recognize the greatness of VH...they may not be old geezer fanatics like Glenn(J/K dude!), but they will know what quality was and they will know where to look and it WON'T be MTV they turn to...

Mark my words...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glenn, the joke is not that they are in their late 40's and still making music. The joke is that they have changed lead singers at least 4 times in the last 4 years, and depending on how you interpret last week's statements, might have one more singer change before they finally embarrass themselvesout of existence.

While it's easy to joke about some aspects of the Stones, such as the fact that Keith and Charlie appear to be mummified, they still make music with 3/5 of the original band and with 100% of the band's original songwriting team. And might I add that Mick & Keith have a sense of humor about the jokes that circulate about them. Eddie and Alex bring on the jokes by their own childish behavior, and then get pissed off when they are laughed at. Dave was always the sense of humor in the band, and besides the obvious musical need for a reunion, they need Dave's humor before one of the brothers gives himself a stroke.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, I'm totally with Charlie Sheen (as usual [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and I think Dave would be cool with it cos he never took himself seriously.

... I mean, how could he with THAT wig? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    It'll all end in beers...

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Like DLR said : "If you love me, tell a friend, if you hate me, tell an enemy."

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Leno,

When they guys finally do put out the record and decide to tour the world and gain there popularity back and are all over the media spectrum and you come callin' for that interview on your lame ass show, what will you possibly say then? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Dave might decide to smack ya one... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    Glenn, the joke is not that they are in their late 40's and still making music. The joke is that they have changed lead singers at least 4 times in the last 4 years, and depending on how you interpret last week's statements, might have one more singer change before they finally embarrass themselvesout of existence.

While it's easy to joke about some aspects of the Stones, such as the fact that Keith and Charlie appear to be mummified, they still make music with 3/5 of the original band and with 100% of the band's original songwriting team. And might I add that Mick & Keith have a sense of humor about the jokes that circulate about them. Eddie and Alex bring on the jokes by their own childish behavior, and then get pissed off when they are laughed at. Dave was always the sense of humor in the band, and besides the obvious musical need for a reunion, they need Dave's humor before one of the brothers gives himself a stroke.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed FORD. I could not have said it better myself.