Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Dallas Mom Glued Daughter’s Hands To Wall, gets 99 years in prison...

then
    September 9, 2011
    Dallas police arrested a woman they say beat and tortured her two-year-old daughter — nearly to death. The toddler was taken to Children’s Medical Center Wednesday morning. Friday morning police released some details of the alleged abuse. According to authorities, 22-year-old Elizabeth Escalona glued her toddler daughter’s hands to a wall, kicked her in the stomach and beat her over what authorities called a “potty training issue.” A North Texas newspaper reported that glue and paint were stuck to the girl’s palms and pieces of skin had been torn away in places. Sources told CBS 11 News that the child was close to death when her grandmother took her to the hospital. The woman had reportedly found the child unresponsive. The grandmother is also the person who reportedly helped in the arrest of Escalona, who has been charged with Injury to a Child. A judge has granted Child Protective Services custody of the injured two-year-old and her three siblings.

now
    Texas mom gets 99 years for beating, super-gluing girl's hands
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/tag/elizabeth-escalona/

HOUSTON -- A Dallas judge sentenced a young mother to 99 years in prison Friday after she admitted to super-gluing her toddler’s hands to a wall and beating the girl so severely she ended up in a coma, officials said.

“We’re very happy with the judge’s decision,” Debbie Denmon, spokeswoman for the Dallas County district attorney's office, told The Times.

Judge Larry Mitchell told the mother, Elizabeth Escalona, that his decision came down to the fact that "You savagely beat your child to the edge of death," according to the Dallas Morning News, which live-tweeted coverage of the sentencing.

Escalona, 23, pleaded guilty on July 12 to injury to a child. Prosecutor Eren Price had sought a 45-year sentence, while Escalona had hoped for probation. The judge, however, nearly doubled the prosecution's recommendation, citing the brutality of the attacks.

“The prosecutor said Elizabeth Escalona wasn’t sorry for what she did. She was sorry for herself, not the child she tortured," Denmon said. “Her children now have a chance to lead a productive life.”

Escalona will have to serve 30 years before she becomes eligible for parole, Denmon said.

Escalona's attorney did not return calls Friday morning. She told those at the court she plans to appeal the sentence, Denmon said.

During the sentencing hearing, which started Monday, Escalona took the stand in her own defense, admitted that she abused her 2-year-old daughter Jocelyn Cedillo and pleaded for leniency.

"I hit her, I kicked her constantly and she didn't deserve that," Escalona said, confirming that she glued the girl’s hands to the wall, according to the Dallas Morning News. But, she added, “I want everybody to know that I'm not a monster. I love my kids.”

Escalona, a mother of five, said she was molested, abused by boyfriends, and was a recovering marijuana and cocaine addict. She was raising her children on child support payments in a one-bedroom apartment with bed bugs, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The prosecutor painted Escalona as cruel and calculating, posting the word “Liar” on a screen behind Escalona’s head during cross-examination, forcing Escalona to look at photos of her injured daughter and count the bruises she inflicted.

Escalona has admitted to becoming so frustrated with Jocelyn's “potty training issue” on Sept. 7, 2011, that she glued the toddler to the wall of their apartment and beat her, according to testimony at sentencing hearings which started on Monday.

Escalona called her mother, crying and hysterical, according to police records. The older woman found Jocelyn unresponsive on the floor beside a bed in her daughter’s northwest Dallas apartment and rushed Jocelyn to a hospital. The girl survived and is now living with Escalona's mother, Ofelia Escalona, who testified on her daughter’s behalf.

Prosecutors countered that Elizabeth Escalona was a dangerous juvenile delinquent who had indeed grown into a monster. They played recordings in court of Escalona as a teenager threatening to kill her mother, noting that she was a former gang member who started smoking marijuana at age 11.

Evidence photos displayed in court showed Jocelyn with numerous bruises, cuts and bite marks shortly after she was brought to Children’s Medical Center Dallas, where she remained in a coma for two days, Denmon said.

The toddler appears to have recovered from her injuries, although Denmon said it’s too early to tell if she has lasting brain damage.

After Escalona’s arrest, Jocelyn and her three siblings were placed in foster care, then with Ofelia Escalona. A fifth child, a boy born while Elizabeth Escalona was in jail, was also placed with her mother, Denmon said.

Both Escalona and her mother have been investigated by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Denmon said, but the investigations did not result in criminal charges.

Escalona’s opponents noted her sentencing on a Facebook page called "Lock Up Elizabeth Escalona," that features more recent photos of Jocelyn post-recovery and has drawn more than 6,000 “likes.” Some posted messages saying the page motivated them to contact the judge in Escalona’s case to “apply some community pressure.”

“99yrs sounds good!" wrote ZioMayra Aponte of Dallas. “Thank god justice was served.”
    Last edited by voivod; 10.12.12 at 11:09 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

I would've pressed, "Like" but I just couldn't bring myself to do it - so, so awful - that poor little girl...I hope to God she doesn't have brain damage - although the mental scars will undoubtedly last a lifetime no matter how resilient we claim children to be.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

She is 23 years old with 5 kids?

They need to glue her knees together.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SNIC View Post
    She is 23 years old with 5 kids?

They need to glue her knees together.

Wingman!!!!!!

HH<--------SNIC never faking da funk!!!------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts

We live in a fucked fucked fucked fucked up world.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

99 years is gonna cost taxpayers a lot of money......be cheaper to just shoot the bitch........
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,337 Times in 3,183 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Mister T. View Post

We live in a fucked fucked fucked fucked up world.
    Looks like a reponsible member of society

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

While I'm glad to see justice served here, it blows my mind that she got a heavier sentence than Sandusky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    99 years is gonna cost taxpayers a lot of money......be cheaper to just shoot the bitch........
    She doesn't deserve to live. Kill her. I mean it. Execute this waste of a human.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!