○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Default BOOZY SALLY STRUTHERS: SAD, LONELY & BLOATED

BOOZY SALLY STRUTHERS: SAD, LONELY & BLOATED

MICHAEL GLYNN - NATIONAL ENQUIRER

"ALL IN THE FAMILY” star SALLY STRUTHERS’ drunk driv­ing arrest has exposed her secret pain – she’s a lonely secret hoarder with a booze prob­lem!

After the hit ’70s series went off the air, the cute-as-a-button blonde packed on more than 60 pounds and filled her home with thousands of strange items!

“What happened to poor Sally is a shame,” a source close to the 65-year-old actress told The ENQUIRER.

“She began to collect almost everything that she came across. It was a sad obses­sion, a cry for help! Her collecting turned to hoarding, which worried those who knew her.”

The two-time Emmy winner hit rock bottom when she was pulled over at 12:20 a.m. on Sept. 12 in Ogunquit, Maine. She’d been appearing in the musical “9 to 5” at a local playhouse.

Sally was slapped with a misdemeanor charge of OUI – operating under the influence. After post­ing cash bail of $160, she was released and given a December court date.

A rep for the actress de­nied the charges, but pals say Sally – who shot to fame playing Gloria Stiv­ic on the classic sitcom – started going downhill years ago when she began to overeat and squirrel away collectibles.

“The warehouse peo­ple love me,” Sally told a reporter. “I’ve got so much stuff, a lot of it is in storage. I guess I’m a pack rat.”

Her 3,500-square-foot Los Angeles home is chock-full of masks, cocktail glasses, min­iature dolls, teapots, stuffed animals, perfume bottles, tiny shoe replicas, figurines and little books that are 5 inches or shorter. “Sally finds it hard to part with anything,” said the source. “Her bedroom is full to the brim!”

Meanwhile, the star has suffered the in­dignity of being ridiculed by the irreverent animated TV show “South Park.”

In a cruel send-up, a character learns that Sally – who was a longtime spokes­person for the Christian Children’s Fund – is hoarding the African charity’s food for herself!

While Sally has managed to shed some pounds, she hasn’t kicked her hoarding obsession, although she did pare down her massive shoe collection and got rid of some of her belongings.

“I sold most of them at a yard sale,” she said.

“Now her friends are hoping that the arrest will be a wake-up call.”

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 18,202 Times in 8,994 Posts

I don't understand hoarding, I hate clutter.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

I know what you mean....I keep saying my next house is going to be hardwood floors and tile everywhere and midcentury modern furniture or Danish modern with all its clean lines and open feeling

hoarding goes so far beyond clutter

people go missing and it isn't until they start clearing out their houses that they find them buried underneath their own stuff

Las Vegas Hoarder Found Dead in Her Cluttered Possessions
    Aug 28, 2010 – 2:54 PM

(Aug. 28) -- A Las Vegas woman who had been missing for four months was found buried beneath a mountain of garbage and clutter in her own home.

Bill James brought the search for his wife Billie Jean to a horrifying conclusion on Wednesday when he spotted her feet sticking out from the pile of junk that filled the room from floor to ceiling.

The collected clothes, trash and knicknacks in Billie Jean James's house was so vast that sniffer dogs had searched the home without finding her corpse, The Associated Press reported.

"For our dogs to go through that house and not find something should be indicative of the tremendous environmental challenges they faced," police spokesman Bill Cassell said.

Julie Jacobson, AP
    The corpse of 67-year-old Billie Jean James was found in her clutter-filled home in Las Vegas, four months after she went missing. A spokeswoman says it could take weeks to determine when and how she died.

Billie Jean, 67, went missing from her home in April, according to a local ABC affiliate. Bill James says he woke up from a nap and could not find his wife anywhere.

He assumed that she had wandered away. She had recently had a mini-stroke that left her disoriented, and he worried that she had suffered another.

Authorities launched a massive hunt for the woman, using sniffer dogs and even helicopters equipped with infrared to search the desert. Meanwhile, Bill set up a Facebook page to promote the search and offered a $10,000 reward.

Little did they know that she would eventually be found exactly where she was meant to be -- at home.

Family friends told the Las Vegas Review Journal that Billie Jean was a compulsive hoarder, with a passion for shopping for trinkets and clothes. One friend said that Billie Jean referred to the room where she was found as "her rabbit hole."

Sari Connolly, a friend of' Billie Jean's, said she had become so obsessive in her hoarding that she kept people out of her home, even refusing to let them use the bathroom.

"She became this hoarder person, and she wouldn't let anyone come in her house," Connolly said.

Cassell told the AP that the house had only small amounts of clear space so that people could get around, and that the home was filled with strong odors from animals, garbage and food.

Billie Jean is not the first person whose hoarding instincts proved fatal. In May, an aging Chicago couple was trapped for two weeks after being buried in their belongings. When they were rescued, they were found to have rat bites on their bodies.

In 1947, police found a body inside a Manhattan row house. Brothers Homer and Langley Collyer had filled the house with possessions, including a Model T chassis, 14 pianos and more than 25,000 books.

Both brothers were found dead among the clutter.

Michelle Carro, an assistant psychology professor at the University of Nevada, told The Las Vegas Review Journal that hoarding happens when people find it impossible to make decisions, organize themselves or focus on immediate tasks.

Billie Jean's death is "an example of what can happen when your hoarding behavior is out of control," he said.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Still, I'd hit it.

If I could find it amid the clutter...

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Still, I'd hit it.

Oh Jesus.

I sense another one of those stupid reality shows.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh Jesus.

I sense another one of those stupid reality shows.
    "Whoreders"

**Disclaimer: not directed at Ms. Struthers, just a joke towards ridiculous reality shows, I'm sure Sally is a nice lady

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 743 Times in 410 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't understand hoarding, I hate clutter.
    I'm with you. If I had my way, I'd almost be a minimalist.

Problem is my wife is a pack rat - she holds onto the weirdest shit. I've actually gone and tossed items that I KNOW for a fact she doesn't use anymore (really, you want to keep a 1980's set of pink high top reeboks?)...been tossing stuff like that for years.

I secretly think she knows I do it - but is fine w/ it as she also knows there is no rational reason to cling to the gear.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm with you. If I had my way, I'd almost be a minimalist.

Problem is my wife is a pack rat - she holds onto the weirdest shit. I've actually gone and tossed items that I KNOW for a fact she doesn't use anymore (really, you want to keep a 1980's set of pink high top reeboks?)...been tossing stuff like that for years.

I secretly think she knows I do it - but is fine w/ it as she also knows there is no rational reason to cling to the gear.
    You threw away a pair of your wife's SHOES??? And she's still married to you??? Hmmm...I'm thinking she can't possibly know about the shoes...
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Sally just got pulled over for OUI (first offense), and somebody also happened to catch her leaving Rite-Aid with a few bags of toiletries and snapped a pic. Add to that a "Source close to Sally", and you have a bogus tabloid piece just like the Ed and Val one.

This headline was posted directly under the Ed and Val story, so I started this thread to see how people would react.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Still, I'd hit it.

Her house, or her crotch?

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton