Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

Default Talkin' bout remasters....

Ofcourse, it would be brilliant if "5150" and "OU812" had a proper remaster release, instead of the japan only release. i'm just amazed no ones ever mentioned "Eat 'em and smile". I was listening to it yesterday and it badly needs a touch-up. I dont remember anyone mention it on here.
    Ted Templemans still producing and it would'nt take much to do it, and maybe add a cuppla bonus rarities or live tracks from the tour.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

I saw Vai play a week ago today, and it was excellent. He used DLR's "any resemblance is purely coincidental" line, and put on theatrics that mixed Alice Cooper with the weird video stuff Al DiMeola released in the '80s. (Think lasers and robots and monks' robes -- LOL -- probably looks ridiculous on bootleg, but it was hilarious and fun live.)

I was hoping to hear "Shyboy," or something from the "Eat 'em And Smile" band; however, he only played a few bars of the intro in another one of his songs... He also incorporated part of the solo in "Skyscraper" and a chunk of the solo from "Hot Dog and a Shake."

I'd buy "Eat 'em And Smile" remastered, for sure.

Personally, I'd be really interested to hear "Skyscraper" remixed, with some of the lead synths toned down, and the weird stereo stuff brought out more... (If you ever listen to "Skyscraper," "Hina," or even "The Bottom Line" with headphones, there's some cool stuff that you can barely hear unless you listen closely.)
    Springfield, MASS. - Hartford, CONN. =VH= Fans UNITE!

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

01.15.16 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    i'm just amazed no ones ever mentioned "Eat 'em and smile". I was listening to it yesterday and it badly needs a touch-up. I dont remember anyone mention it on here.
    Ted Templemans still producing and it would'nt take much to do it, and maybe add a cuppla bonus rarities or live tracks from the tour.
    That would be GREAT!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Unchained
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In this day and age of listening to music on an ipod while you are at the gym or in your car or whatever....remastering some of Dave's albums would be great..because it sucks with the volume level so low on those albums compared to other songs especially newer ones that are mastered better.

I decided to do my own "re-mastering" of Eat Em' And Smile, Skyscraper, and A Little Ain't Enough myself so I could play them on the ipod. It's not "remastering" though because for one I am not a professional studio wizard and I don't have the original master tapes. But what I did do was use a program called Goldwave and "fixed' all three albums to my liking. I upped the bass to a more prominent level and lowered the treble just a little and raised the volume levels. I must say it has made a HUGE difference for me. It has given several of Dave's songs new lives for me to where some of them seem "fresh and new" as strange as that sounds. It's much clearer and the upped bass really helps. Songs like "Hina", "Knucklebones", "Tell The Truth", "Shyboy", "Big Trouble" and "A Little Ain't Enough" and pretty much all the rest sound soooo much better in my opinion with a little more "fullness" and bass.

With that said...I agree I wish "Eat 'em and smile" would get a professional remastering with hopefully the bass levels raised a little and not just the volume levels raised.
    Last edited by Legend of Roth; 09.24.12 at 12:01 AM.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:09 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

question:

I'm a big fan of the song Hina, is Steve playing a Ripley guitar at the begining? the way the notes bounce back and forth got me thinking the other day.