F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

Default Godzilla (2014 movie)

America is taking another stab at a blockbuster Godzilla movie. Sounds like this one will be much closer to the Japanese Godzilla then the 1998 crapfest that Ronald Emmerich did. Let's hope so!

Godzilla Stomps Into Theaters on May 16, 2014!
    Source: Warner Bros. Pictures, Legendary Pictures September 13, 2012

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have slated their take on the classic Godzilla franchise to hit theaters on May 16, 2014. The joint announcement was made today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, and by Legendary Pictures.

Toho Co., Ltd.’s Godzilla franchise contains one of the most widely recognized movie monsters worldwide, including more than 25 films, multiple television programs, video games and book series. Legendary, which has been developing the project, and its partner Warner Bros. will return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner. The project will fall under Legendary's overall agreement with Warner Bros.

The film is directed by Gareth Edwards, who earned worldwide acclaim for his feature directorial debut, Monsters. Edwards directs from a screenplay by David Callaham (“The Expendables” films), David S. Goyer (the "Dark Knight" trilogy) and Max Borenstein (upcoming The Seventh Son). Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce, along with Roy Lee, Dan Lin and Brian Rogers. Alex Garcia and Patricia Whitcher will serve as executive producers alongside Doug Davison, Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.

A presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. The tent pole film is expected to be presented in 3D.

The other movie scheduled for May 16, 2014 is the Jonathan Liebesman-directed Ninja Turtles, to be produced by Michael Bay.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Do you think the new one will have these classic overdubs?

It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

It wouldn't be Godzilla if it didn't!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 03:12 PM
    Liked 1,193 Times in 821 Posts

Premium Member

I think I must be the only person that liked the "Godzilla" made in the late '90s!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

I had a few major issues with the 98 movie:

1) "Godzilla" didn't look anything like Godzilla.
    2) No atomic breath
    3) The whole reproducing asexually thing was LAME
    4) They killed Godzilla with missles. Godzilla is meant to be indestructable against most weaponry.

The Japanese were so mad at the unfaithfulness to Godzilla in the 98 movie that they restarted making their own Japanese movies, and even referenced the 98 movie twice in their movies.

1) In one Godzilla movie (I believe it was Godzilla against MechaGodzilla 2002) they mention that more and more cities are getting attacked by giant monsters and that New York was attacked in 1998 by Godzilla, but it really wasn't Godzilla that attacked.

2) In the last Japanese Godzilla movie to date (Godzilla Final Wars), the real Godzilla fights "Zilla" which is the American Godzilla, in Sydney, Australia. The fight lasts about 10 seconds when the real Godzilla whips Zilla into the Opera House, then torches it with his atomic breathe.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 16,557 Times in 8,123 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I think I must be the only person that liked the "Godzilla" made in the late '90s!
    If you do like it, then yeah, you are the only one.

1998 was a bad year for franchises.

Godzilla, Van Halen....
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 12:56 PM
    Liked 483 Times in 221 Posts

Been a huge Godzilla fan since I was a kid. Had all the toys related to him that I could get my hands on back then.
    Hated the 1998 movie, absolutely horrible.

Still can't stand it when I see some of the more recent Japanese movies on Encore and such where the big guy loses. Really, lose to a fucking giant moth? Would like to see them build on his son a bit more and have the monster be more grown up now.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

orig VH fan x craps champ edwardv's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 2,133 Times in 1,337 Posts

Premium Member

I like the BOC version.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 1,212 Times in 667 Posts

Premium Member

Word. Key point is to have the BOC song on the soundtrack, or one of the many excellent covers of this song.
    Little Dreamer

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 477 Times in 245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    2) In the last Japanese Godzilla movie to date (Godzilla Final Wars), the real Godzilla fights "Zilla" which is the American Godzilla, in Sydney, Australia. The fight lasts about 10 seconds when the real Godzilla whips Zilla into the Opera House, then torches it with his atomic breathe.
    One of my hobbies (which is also an occasional minor money-making venture) is building and painting so-called "garage" resin model kits, many for clients. Here's one I did for someone years ago of that Godzilla vs 'Zilla battle.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

I actually caught a Godzilla flick today. It was a newer one. 2003 I think. Mothra and Mecha-Godzilla fight off Godzilla.

It was...just awful.

The problem I have with the Godzilla movies is that there is never any closing. Godzilla has been attacking Japan for over 60 years now but yet the Japanese STILL cant defeat him.

And it doesnt help that in those 60 years, it is still a guy in a suit. It kind of reminds me of when Power Rangers first became popular.

What I am looking for in this new Godzilla movie is a COMPLETE reboot. Where did Godzilla come from? How was he created? I have tried to watch the original godzilla movies to get a sense of story but I have a really hard time getting over the "cheese" factor of those early films.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 477 Times in 245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901 View Post
    I actually caught a Godzilla flick today. It was a newer one. 2003 I think. Mothra and Mecha-Godzilla fight off Godzilla.

It was...just awful.

The problem I have with the Godzilla movies is that there is never any closing. Godzilla has been attacking Japan for over 60 years now but yet the Japanese STILL cant defeat him.

And it doesnt help that in those 60 years, it is still a guy in a suit. It kind of reminds me of when Power Rangers first became popular.

What I am looking for in this new Godzilla movie is a COMPLETE reboot. Where did Godzilla come from? How was he created? I have tried to watch the original godzilla movies to get a sense of story but I have a really hard time getting over the "cheese" factor of those early films.
    You really need to watch the unedited Japanese language version of the first Godzilla movie which is B/W and made back in '54. *Not* the English dubbed version with Raymond Burr playing a reporter unfortunately named "Steve Martin." It's really unlike any of the following Godzilla/Japanese monster flicks. The spfx are primitive in much the same way King Kong was back in the 30's but in their own way, they are as effective in getting the story across which was the Japanese attempt to convey what it was like living through a nuclear holocaust which is what Godzilla was originally meant to symbolize.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 08:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901 View Post

this is because Godzilla is an ultra-kaiju , hes pretty much indestructible with a radioactive sun for a heart.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.16.17 @ 10:49 AM
    Liked 1,188 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    ugh horrible...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.17.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 16,557 Times in 8,123 Posts

Premium Member

What kind of computer did the eleven old kid use to make that movie?....

Wow.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!