Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Yahoo News fires reporter, apologizes to Romney over 'black people drowning' remark

Yahoo News' Washington bureau chief was fired Wednesday after he was caught on a hot mic joking that Republicans are "happy to have a party" while black people drown.

The comment was made by David Chalian during live coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, and was an apparent reference to the convention getting underway while a tropical storm-turned-hurricane barreled toward the Gulf Coast.

"They are happy to have a party with black people drowning," said a voice off-camera, later identified as Chalian, as video of the Romneys played on screen. Other people could be heard laughing at the comment.

A Yahoo! spokesperson confirmed to FoxNews.com that Chalian was let go, and said the company has apologized to Romney and his staff.

"David Chalian's statement was inappropriate and does not represent the views of Yahoo!. He has been terminated effective immediately. We have already reached out to the Romney campaign, and we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended," the spokesperson said in a statement.

Chalian used to work for ABC before moving on to serve as the political director at PBS NewsHour and eventually work for Yahoo News.

He appeared to still be employed by the company as of Wednesday morning, having posted on his Facebook page about a "great conversation" he had with Romney's "campaign brass" in Tampa.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Yahoo "News" is garbage and this guy deserved to be fired.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,063 Times in 8,926 Posts

Isn't Yahoo! News a contradiction of terms?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Political Director for PBS and then Yahoo News?

Yeah, he was a keeper

Idiot
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

The local radio Dj's were all over this the other day.

They pondered the fact that the DNC is right around the corner and the possibility of another storm having an impact is probable. Would Obama cancel or postpone the 'party' to keep people from drowning? Black or white?

Of course just speculating on something like that is in poor taste and hate filled to some.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

CNN’s reboot of “Crossfire” has a new supervising producer – a media veteran fired last year by Yahoo! News for saying Mitt and Ann Romney were happy to watch “black people drowning.”

David Chalian, who most recently served as vice president of video programming for Politico, will be the hands-on boss in the control room for the show, which is set to debut this fall. Prior to Politico, Chalian was Washington bureau chief for Yahoo! News until his extreme liberal bias was exposed while he covered the Republican National Convention last year.

“They aren’t concerned at all,” Chalian said, describing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann. “They are happy to have a party with black people drowning.”

Chalian apparently didn’t realize his microphone, which also picked up associates laughing about the remark, was live. He was apparently alluding to the convention taking place as Hurricane Isaac hit New Orleans.

Chalian apologized for the comments, which he called an "inappropriate and thoughtless joke." But Yahoo fired him two days later, saying, “we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended.”

Tim Graham, director of media analysis at Media Research Center, said CNN's ignoring of Chalian's hot mic comment is telling.

"They have obviously decided that some gaffes are not career-crippling," Graham said. "I do not see a cable network of this stripe hiring someone who'd made a crude racial comment against Obama."

“Crossfire,” a raucous news show with liberals and conservatives debating, sometimes in pairs, debuted in 1982 and was one of the network’s signature shows during its late-1980s heyday. Among its famous alumni are Pat Buchanan, John Sununu, Robert Novak, Michael Kinsley and Paul Begala. It ran until 2005, when it was canceled amid sluggish ratings and scathing criticism from comic Jon Stewart.

The network has undergone several lineup and personnel changes since former NBC boss Jeff Zucker took over as president last November.

"I'm excited to announce David Chalian is joining CNN as the supervising producer for Crossfire," said Executive Producer Rebecca Kutler. "David's experience bringing politics to the digital space will help shape the next generation of 'Crossfire.' We're lucky to have him -- he starts today."

The network has tabbed Newt Gingrich and conservative columnist S.E. Cupp as the conservative hosts, squaring off nightly against former Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones, a former “green jobs” adviser to President Obama who stepped down in 2009 amid several controversies, including his name having appeared on a 9/11 truther petition.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    CNN’s reboot of “Crossfire” has a new supervising producer – a media veteran fired last year by Yahoo! News for saying Mitt and Ann Romney were happy to watch “black people drowning.”

David Chalian, who most recently served as vice president of video programming for Politico, will be the hands-on boss in the control room for the show, which is set to debut this fall. Prior to Politico, Chalian was Washington bureau chief for Yahoo! News until his extreme liberal bias was exposed while he covered the Republican National Convention last year.

“They aren’t concerned at all,” Chalian said, describing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann. “They are happy to have a party with black people drowning.”

Chalian apparently didn’t realize his microphone, which also picked up associates laughing about the remark, was live. He was apparently alluding to the convention taking place as Hurricane Isaac hit New Orleans.

Chalian apologized for the comments, which he called an "inappropriate and thoughtless joke." But Yahoo fired him two days later, saying, “we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended.”

Tim Graham, director of media analysis at Media Research Center, said CNN's ignoring of Chalian's hot mic comment is telling.

"They have obviously decided that some gaffes are not career-crippling," Graham said. "I do not see a cable network of this stripe hiring someone who'd made a crude racial comment against Obama."

“Crossfire,” a raucous news show with liberals and conservatives debating, sometimes in pairs, debuted in 1982 and was one of the network’s signature shows during its late-1980s heyday. Among its famous alumni are Pat Buchanan, John Sununu, Robert Novak, Michael Kinsley and Paul Begala. It ran until 2005, when it was canceled amid sluggish ratings and scathing criticism from comic Jon Stewart.

The network has undergone several lineup and personnel changes since former NBC boss Jeff Zucker took over as president last November.

"I'm excited to announce David Chalian is joining CNN as the supervising producer for Crossfire," said Executive Producer Rebecca Kutler. "David's experience bringing politics to the digital space will help shape the next generation of 'Crossfire.' We're lucky to have him -- he starts today."

The network has tabbed Newt Gingrich and conservative columnist S.E. Cupp as the conservative hosts, squaring off nightly against former Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones, a former “green jobs” adviser to President Obama who stepped down in 2009 amid several controversies, including his name having appeared on a 9/11 truther petition.
    I heard they're bringing Newt Gingrich over as well?

I swear, conservatives whine about every thing just like the liberals do.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw