Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:24 PM
    Liked 709 Times in 389 Posts

Default Sammy's Rockin' Island bar & Grill

I live here, and I'm just finding out about this now:

http://rosevillept.com/detail.html?sub_id=201839

Sammy’s Rockin’ Island Bar & Grill coming to downtown Roseville
    By Toby Lewis The Press Tribune

Veteran rocker and restaurateur Sammy Hagar is looking to play a role in the development of downtown Roseville with a new restaurant.

Local developer Steve Pease announced Thursday that the former JC Penny building at 238 Vernon St. will soon become Sammy’s Rockin’ Island Bar & Grill.

The “family-friendly, island-themed” restaurant will feature pan-Asian influenced cuisine with burgers, seafood, sushi, pasta and salads as well as a full bar, wine list and draft beer.

The 10,000-square-foot restaurant will also have two floors, outdoor seating on two levels and a stage for live entertainment.

“It’s pretty exciting stuff for us as the real estate owner,” Pease said. “And for the city with everything that is going on downtown.”

Jon Yip, managing member of Innova Restaurant Concepts, which is developing the restaurant, expects to have a grand opening on Sept. 15.

Sammy’s Rockin Island Bar & Grill will be the first one of its kind and is designed to be a hybrid of Cabo Wabo Cantina and Sammy’s Beach Bar & Grill, Yip said.

Pease said the building, which he purchased from the city of Roseville several years ago, underwent extensive exterior renovation in 2008 creating a covered outdoor patio facing Vernon Street.

Yip said Innova Restaurant Concepts expects to begin the $3 million renovation of the inside of the building in the next few weeks.

In addition to outdoor seating, the restaurant will also have upstairs, open-air seating that will allow patrons to look out over Atlantic Street and the Roseville rail yards.

Innova Restaurant Concepts is currently seeking essential upper level personnel and management for the restaurant.

Yip said the restaurant will provide close to 100 new jobs and hiring will begin for non-management positions about 10 weeks before the expected grand opening date.

City officials hope the restaurant will be a catalyst in realizing the ultimate goal of turning downtown Roseville into a vibrant community center and entertainment district.

“A restaurant venue such as Sammy’s is exactly what the community was seeking to see happen down here,” said Kevin Payne, assistant director of economic development for the city of Roseville.

Payne said $80 million in redevelopment funds, private financing and city funds have been poured into the renovation of downtown over the last 20 years with the goal of getting it ready for such use.

Payne also serves as vice president of operations for the Roseville Community Development Corporation, a nonprofit entity which was created in 2010 by the Roseville City Council to help further downtown renovation projects.

Since the fall of 2010, the Community Development Corporation has poured $37 million in capital improvement projects and programs in the downtown area, Payne said.

The corporation has purchased several properties in the downtown area, including the building directly adjacent to the future Sammy’s restaurant.

That 7,000-square-foot space is also ready for a restaurant tenant to move in, Payne said.

“We’ve had a number of different restaurateurs that have toured the building,” he said. “There’s been some significant interest in that.”

Payne said that with the announcement of Sammy Hagar’s new concept restaurant coming to downtown, he expects to see an even greater amount of interest for name brand restaurateurs to open up shop.

Pease said that patron’s of Sammy’s Rockin’ Island Bar & Grill might need to be ready for a surprise, unannounced guest from time to time.

“One of the nice things about having Sammy Hagar involved is he makes surprise appearances in the restaurants periodically,” Pease said. “So we have to have that stage ready for him.”
    Oh, and for those interested, they are now hiring:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/fbh/3207766983.html

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 1,973 Times in 1,369 Posts

I am pretty close to Roseville as well.

From what I hear, the Sammy/Wabos performance is Invite only and will be tough to get into. They may be doing so outdoor deal as well, but it may just be some speakers and a big screen of what is going on inside.

I will defiantly be checking the place out after the hype dies down after the first week.

That is a pretty sleepy area of Roseville in old town. Looks like by the movie theater and the old West House Hotel bar...lol....

++++

I am also going to the Sept 1st show in Lake Tahoe. Sammy, Wabo, VH, Foot, they are billing it as 40 years of Hagar.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Even if I weren't a fan, I'd still be highly jealous of this man's life. Well, the later years. He had a pretty rough beginning out there in Fontucky.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

Everything this guy touches (well mostly everything) turns to gold.

I'm a huge Sammy fan, but I wonder if eventually people will burn out on the vibe. I loved seeing the recent video with Sam and Mike clowning with Eddie Trunk, but upon closer inspection, it was a giant commercial for his new rum.

Again, as a fan, it doesn't bother me so much. But do the non-fans, or even his harsh critics grow tired of the constant marketing?

"Would you do it for free?" Hey, I'm a captialist, and god bless him...take care of your family and make as much as you can....and I know he is a charitable dude too. I just worry that he is going to the well a few too many times. I suppose history will tell.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 6,694 Times in 3,714 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    Everything this guy touches (well mostly everything) turns to gold.

I'm a huge Sammy fan, but I wonder if eventually people will burn out on the vibe. I loved seeing the recent video with Sam and Mike clowning with Eddie Trunk, but upon closer inspection, it was a giant commercial for his new rum.

Again, as a fan, it doesn't bother me so much. But do the non-fans, or even his harsh critics grow tired of the constant marketing?

"Would you do it for free?" Hey, I'm a captialist, and god bless him...take care of your family and make as much as you can....and I know he is a charitable dude too. I just worry that he is going to the well a few too many times. I suppose history will tell.
    I'm gonna guess he's not investing much, if any, of his own money in many of these ventures.