Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Navy SEALS Start 'Swift-Boating' Obama

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives.

Leaders of the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, say it is nonpartisan and unconnected to any political party or presidential campaign. It is registered as a so-called social welfare group, which means its primary purpose is to further the common good and its political activities should be secondary.

In the past, military exploits have been turned against presidential candidates by outside groups, most famously the Swift Boat ads in 2004 that questioned Democratic nominee John Kerry's Vietnam War service.

The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not," Ben Smith, identified as a Navy SEAL, says in the film.

Last edited by voivod; 08.15.12 at 12:08 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.25.15 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep it up, Drudge, Jr...

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I wonder how the special forces in his "home country" feel.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:48 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives.

Leaders of the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, say it is nonpartisan and unconnected to any political party or presidential campaign. It is registered as a so-called social welfare group, which means its primary purpose is to further the common good and its political activities should be secondary.

In the past, military exploits have been turned against presidential candidates by outside groups, most famously the Swift Boat ads in 2004 that questioned Democratic nominee John Kerry's Vietnam War service.

The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not," Ben Smith, identified as a Navy SEAL, says in the film.

If Bush/Cheney would have got him it would have been hooray for patriotism and those guys would have played that shit up.... Even though Bush said once that he didn't care.

I grow less sympathetic toward military people that back our warmongering activities and defend the war mongering neo cons. To them I say: Fuck you, you thugs.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

It takes really big balls to say fuck you to Navy Seals from behind a computer keyboard.

You sir, are a bad ass.

Just because Bush/Cheney made a big deal out of their military conquests, doesn't make it ok for Obama to do it as well. And the amount of high level leaks of top secret information has been disturbing.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

On Fire Rare Painful Side Effect's Avatar
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It takes really big balls to say fuck you to Navy Seals from behind a computer keyboard.

You sir, are a bad ass.

Just because Bush/Cheney made a big deal out of their military conquests, doesn't make it ok for Obama to do it as well. And the amount of high level leaks of top secret information has been disturbing.
    People are entitled to their opinions, and others are entitled to disagree. Someone being a Navy Seal does not insulate them from having their opinion or motives challenged. I agree there should not be leaks compromising national security, though, and such leaks should be prosecuted.

As far as the OPSEC group goes, as with the case of the Swift Boat Veterans against Kerry, I suspect the group is backed by one of an assorted number of billionaires. And I suspect the truth does not much matter to them.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I 100% agree about having an opinion and the ability to respectfully disagree. But telling someone to go fuck themselves when it is that individuals sole job to keep them safe from harm and protect the freedom to have that opinion and the ability to disagree is bullshit, in my humble opinion.

Especially since very few would have the balls to do it in person.

I would hope most people would know that this is agenda fueled, it is about as neutral as the ad saying that Romney killed that woman with cancer.

I find it hard to believe that these type of ads sway the opinion of anyone, but they must be effective, as we keep getting them.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

You sir, are a bad ass.

I love your macho male driven response. Really, it's so refreshing and awesome.

But Iraq had nothing to do with protecting americans and being pawns isn't something they should be proud of. The military shouldn't be considered sacred cows. I bet you most of these same guys know Republicans would have played it up had it happened under their watch. And I bet many or most wouldn't have had a problem with it.

So you know what... I'm going to say they're full of shit.

I fully respect the ones that understand and accept they INVADED another country and don't resort to sucking up to war mongering neo con leaders.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 08.15.12 at 05:35 PM.

On Fire Rare Painful Side Effect's Avatar
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I 100% agree about having an opinion and the ability to respectfully disagree. But telling someone to go fuck themselves when it is that individuals sole job to keep them safe from harm and protect the freedom to have that opinion and the ability to disagree is bullshit, in my humble opinion.
    I was stationed a couple of years at the home base of the Seals (Dam Neck, Va.). They kept a pretty low profile there, though. Still, I wouldn't tell one to go fuck himself himself either in that era. At least while sober. It was bad enough when I said it to a group of Marines.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Painful Side Effect View Post
    I was stationed a couple of years at the home base of the Seals (Dam Neck, Va.). They kept a pretty low profile there, though. Still, I wouldn't tell one to go fuck himself himself either in that era. At least while sober. It was bad enough when I said it to a group of Marines.
    That kind of confirms that they're thugs. I mean, if someone is willing to beat me up based on my mere opinion of them... I would consider them to be a thug.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

You're the one saying fuck you to Navy Seals, yet I am the one with the macho male driven response. Yeah, ok. Swing and a miss.

Didn't think we were discussing Iraq, I thought we were discussing the killing of Osama Bin Laden and the security breaches at high levels of our government.

Yes, Bush was an idiot, and he manufactured a war for reasons that only he knows. No one is disputing that. But these security leaks are serious business. Do I like that a few Navy Seals got involved with it? No, and to think of it, not sure how they can speak publicly against the Commander in Chief without reprecussions, but they are right in that these leaks are dangerous, just because you don't like neo-cons (who does), doesn't mean that there is not truth within their message.

If you feel that strongly about it, I am sure you can go to your nearest naval base, find some Navy Seals, and tell them "fuck you", instead of typing out your vitriol on a computer keyboard for a Van Halen forum.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    That kind of confirms that they're thugs. I mean, if someone is willing to beat me up based on my mere opinion of them... I would consider them to be a thug.
    You can walk up to anyone on a street, tell them "fuck you", and reasonably expect to get a beat down. And deservedly so.

Keyboard courage is a wonderful drug.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

You're the one saying fuck you to Navy Seals, yet I am the one with the macho male driven response. Yeah, ok. Swing and a miss.

Didn't think we were discussing Iraq, I thought we were discussing the killing of Osama Bin Laden and the security breaches at high levels of our government.

Yes, Bush was an idiot, and he manufactured a war for reasons that only he knows. No one is disputing that. But these security leaks are serious business. Do I like that a few Navy Seals got involved with it? No, and to think of it, not sure how they can speak publicly against the Commander in Chief without reprecussions, but they are right in that these leaks are dangerous, just because you don't like neo-cons (who does), doesn't mean that there is not truth within their message.

If you feel that strongly about it, I am sure you can go to your nearest naval base, find some Navy Seals, and tell them "fuck you", instead of typing out your vitriol on a computer keyboard for a Van Halen forum.
    Well, it's always the claim that they're "protecting us".

I'm saying they're probably be biased in that if Bin Laden would have been killed a lot of these guys would be fine with Bush bragging that we got Bin Laden. It would have been the whole nauseating patriotism routine.

I have more respect for the soldiers that felt screwed over and threw their medals in the street a while back. I have more respect for those guys that I do biased neo con suck ups/defenders.

Do you go tell everyone that you have a problem with to their faces that you think they're full of shit?

Like I said, if you have to fear physical violence from someone that you disapprove of, that pretty much confirms that said person is a thug.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

You can walk up to anyone on a street, tell them "fuck you", and reasonably expect to get a beat down. And deservedly so.

Keyboard courage is a wonderful drug.
    I want you to explain to me how telling someone that they're full of shit gives them a right to assault me.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Well, it's always the claim that they're "protecting us".

I'm saying they're probably be biased in that if Bin Laden would have been killed a lot of these guys would be fine with Bush bragging that we got Bin Laden. It would have been the whole nauseating patriotism routine.

I have more respect for the soldiers that felt screwed over and threw their medals in the street a while back. I have more respect for those guys that I do biased neo con suck ups/defenders.

Do you go tell everyone that you have a problem with to their faces that you think they're full of shit?

Like I said, if you have to fear physical violence from someone that you disapprove of, that pretty much confirms that said person is a thug.
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I deal with the military frequently, and our military officers are absolutely the best that our nation has to offer.

They are sound of mind, body and spirit. They do more in a day than most of us do in a week. Their job is to kill people. As distasteful as that may be to us, that is their job. And they are the best at it in the world.

Their job when asked to do it is to kill as many people as possible, as quickly and efficiently as possible. That is what we have trained them to do. And if wasn't for them and for that training, we would no longer even be a country. It is easy for you, sitting behind a computer keyboard in the comfort of your home to call them thugs, when you don't have any fucking idea what goes on in this world.

I have a top secret clearance, do you? Have you ever been involved in a top secret security briefing listing the active threats inside and outside of our country, making the roads you drive on safe, the planes you fly on safe, the office building you work in safe. I have, and if you think that if we didn't have these gentlemen, that any of the aforementioned safeties would still exist, you are out of your fucking mind.

Calling the Navy Seals and other individuals of the military thugs is just flat out fucking ignorant.