Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Romney accused of killing manís wife in new ad...

A SuperPAC run by former Obama spokesman Bill Burton accused Mitt Romney of killing a woman because she lost insurance when her husband’s job was terminated.

CNN has blown this ad apart, finding that the woman continued to have health insurance through her own employer after her husband was terminated.

The ad is produced by Priorities USA Action and is similar to other ads by the organization that focus on former workers of companies closed by Bain Capital, Romney’s former private equity firm.

The ad features Joe Soptic, a former employee at Kansas City’s GST Steel. The company went bankrupt in 2001, after Romney had left the firm.

In the ad, Soptic says that when Bain closed the plant he lost his health care which resulted in his wife’s death.

“When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant up I lost my health care and my family los their health care. A short time after that my wife became ill. I don’t know how long she was sick, and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we couldn’t afford the insurance,” Soptic says. “I took her to the Jackson county hospital and the admitted her for phenoumonia. That’s when they found the cancer and by then it was stage-four cancer and there was nothing they could do for her. She passed away in 22 days."

Soptic finished by saying Romney doesn’t care about her death, “I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he’s done to anyone, and furthermore I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned.”

An analysis of the ad by Politico notes Ranae Soptic actually died in 2006, years after the plant was closed.

When Politico asked Priorities about the ad, a spokesman with the organization said it was intended to show that Romney had a negative impact on families for years after his tenure with the company.

We’re illustrating how long it took for communities and individuals to recover from the closing of these businesses,” Burton said. “Families and individuals had to find new jobs, new sources of health insurance and a way to make up for the pensions they lost. Mitt Romney has had an enduring impact on the lives of thousands of men and women and for many of them, that impact has been devastating.”

Ryan Williams a spokesman with the Romney campaign called the ad part of the many “discredited and dishonest attacks” to “conceal the administration’s deplorable economic record.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ancer-death-te
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

That's it. I am suing the Catholic church because they taught me morals, therefore I am incapable of being like these idiots
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,088 Times in 8,937 Posts

This is pretty low.

Mitt Romney had nothing to fucking do with this woman's death. I would even say it borders on slander.

I don't like Mr. Romney as a candidate, but this is just not right. If the President had any class he would have them pull it.

I fired a guy once whose wife had cancer, if she died later on, is it my fault he sucked as an employee? Fuck no, I have zero guilt about firing that guy, he was a shit employee.

The current administration is very big on the term "jobs saved", has it never occurred to anyone in these Bain attacks that when a troubled company is taken over, even though people will undoubtedly be laid off, if the company is kept solvent, many people actually get to keep their job? If the company goes under, everyone loses their job.

Fucking morons.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    This is pretty low.

Mitt Romney had nothing to fucking do with this woman's death. I would even say it borders on slander.

I don't like Mr. Romney as a candidate, but this is just not right. If the President had any class he would have them pull it.

I fired a guy once whose wife had cancer, if she died later on, is it my fault he sucked as an employee? Fuck no, I have zero guilt about firing that guy, he was a shit employee.

The current administration is very big on the term "jobs saved", has it never occurred to anyone in these Bain attacks that when a troubled company is taken over, even though people will undoubtedly be laid off, if the company is kept solvent, many people actually get to keep their job? If the company goes under, everyone loses their job.

Fucking morons.
    That he doesn't. Not when it comes to saving his own ass.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

This is pretty sick.

It's sad that anyone would think this is okay to run in a political campaign. Reminds me of the McCarthy hearings: "Have you no sense of decency?"

Unfortunately for Obama, because of this being a Superpac (and not associated with his campaign), there's nothing he can legally do to have them pull it. That being said, he could publicly denounce it and attempt to marginalize this BS.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I suppose if Romney wanted to stoop to this level than he could find figures for the amount of untimely deaths associated with Obama's failed economic policies.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I continue to ignore most news and election coverage. I'll vote in November then continue to ignore that kind of stuff. Life is too short and wasting time on arguing with people who I won't change anyhow is not appealing.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:06 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    A SuperPAC run by former Obama spokesman Bill Burton accused Mitt Romney of killing a woman because she lost insurance when her husbandís job was terminated.

CNN has blown this ad apart, finding that the woman continued to have health insurance through her own employer after her husband was terminated.

The ad is produced by Priorities USA Action and is similar to other ads by the organization that focus on former workers of companies closed by Bain Capital, Romneyís former private equity firm.

The ad features Joe Soptic, a former employee at Kansas Cityís GST Steel. The company went bankrupt in 2001, after Romney had left the firm.

In the ad, Soptic says that when Bain closed the plant he lost his health care which resulted in his wifeís death.

ďWhen Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant up I lost my health care and my family los their health care. A short time after that my wife became ill. I donít know how long she was sick, and I think maybe she didnít say anything because she knew that we couldnít afford the insurance,Ē Soptic says. ďI took her to the Jackson county hospital and the admitted her for phenoumonia. Thatís when they found the cancer and by then it was stage-four cancer and there was nothing they could do for her. She passed away in 22 days."

Soptic finished by saying Romney doesnít care about her death, ďI do not think Mitt Romney realizes what heís done to anyone, and furthermore I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned.Ē

An analysis of the ad by Politico notes Ranae Soptic actually died in 2006, years after the plant was closed.

When Politico asked Priorities about the ad, a spokesman with the organization said it was intended to show that Romney had a negative impact on families for years after his tenure with the company.

Weíre illustrating how long it took for communities and individuals to recover from the closing of these businesses,Ē Burton said. ďFamilies and individuals had to find new jobs, new sources of health insurance and a way to make up for the pensions they lost. Mitt Romney has had an enduring impact on the lives of thousands of men and women and for many of them, that impact has been devastating.Ē

Ryan Williams a spokesman with the Romney campaign called the ad part of the many ďdiscredited and dishonest attacksĒ to ďconceal the administrationís deplorable economic record.Ē

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ancer-death-te
    That's way out of bounds.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

backpedal time...............

Oops? President Barack Obama's re-election campaign washed its hands Wednesday of an independent group's vicious (and misleading) ad effectively blaming Mitt Romney for the death of a laid-off steelworker's wife from cancer. Campaign officials flatly denied any knowledge of the facts in the case—but it turns out the widower told the same story on an Obama campaign conference call in mid-May.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...195237581.html

Last edited by voivod; 08.08.12 at 06:40 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

No Record to run on=Lots more ads like this.It's disgusting.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I agree, I know some liberals on here will defend it. But for the record, I thought these type of attack ads in which the truth is severly bent or totally ignored were deplorable when Karl Rove used them as well.

How about we discuss the problems and policies facing the country instead? Just a thought.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

HYPOTHETICAL AD-My fellow Americans this is Prez BO. Since 2008 I have reversed the economic slide.Unemployment is back to 6%. The debt has been lowered to where it was when Bush2 took office. Our tax code has been simplified. The dollar is again enjoying a rise and even savers and cd rates are again substancial in US Banks that are solid. Wall Street has been cleaned up and those responsible for the almost depression are behind bars thats as in jail cells. Term limits in Congress will ensure that this type enabling will never happen again. I have reformed our health care system by simply informing the insurance companies that pre-exsisting conditions must be allowed and no one can be cancelled due to any illness. This along with Tort reform on malpractice suits has taken care of the rising cost of health insurance once and for all. I have told the Chinese I love their cooking but no more free ride on trade and have installed tarrifs which in term will bring jobs back to the USA. Oh and I had Bin Laden killed all while this was going down. I know you will give me 4 more years.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I had high hopes for him as President, but to me he has been a disappointment.

That being said, the current House and Senate might be one of the worst in history as well.

This is a time when "vote out all incumbents" might not be too bad an idea.

We have fixable problems, but in my personal opinion he has just made them worse or not even tried to address them. He seems to have been more interested in running for re-election than governing the country.

Just my opinion, and I know some on here will list me as a right wing zealot that hates the President. That would be inaccurate, hells bells, I voted for the guy. But just because I supported him in 2008 doesn't mean I put blinders on when looking at his performance. It is average at best.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

http://www.policymic.com/articles/12...orities-usa-ad

Stephanie Cutter knew Joe Soptic, and heard the entire story well before the Priorities USA ad debuted over the airways. Itís now obvious that she lied when trying to deny it this week.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fncs-pete...t-know-soptic/