Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:07 PM
    Liked 11,769 Times in 6,520 Posts

Premium Member

Default JUDAS PRIEST Frontman Weighs In On Chick-Fil-A Gay-Marriage Controversy

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford has weighed in on the Chick-fil-A controversy, insisting that both the supporters and the critics of the chicken eatery's chief executive and his views on gay marriage are perfectly within their rights to make their opinions known.

When asked about his thoughts on gay marriage in a radio interview in late July, Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy stated: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Speaking to AOL's Noisecreep, the openly gay Halford was asked about his thoughts on the Chick-fil-A scandal that is all over the media right now.

"Before I get into this, I just want to say that I love America. I love the American Constitution and the First Amendment," Halford said. "I'm actually watching a PBS documentary that I got on DVD about the life of John Adams. If you really get into the heart and soul of this great country, it's all about the constitution and the First Amendment and freedom of speech."

He continued, "Everybody in this country has the right to say what they think and feel and what best represents them. The people at Chick-fil-A have the absolute right to say and do what they want. It doesn't matter that all of these people disagree with their opinion. The question was how would the people that agree with what that man said do to support the company and how would the ones against his anti-gay remarks protest.

"The supporters have been showing up in droves, to spend money at the restaurants and peacefully assemble. But there has obviously been so many people who have gone out and boycotted the company. I think it's great. That's our right here. What you're seeing here are the elements of the American Constitution in all of their glory. It's a wonderful thing to see happening and talk about and the fact that everyone is discussing the gay-rights issue is great."

Halford concluded: "I don't think that man thought too much about the business consequences of what he said, but I think he was standing for what he believes in. I don't agree with him at all, but God bless the man. It's as simple as that."
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

Rob's a class act.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

A True Turbo Lover
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,147 Times in 8,966 Posts

Wow, wish everyone could have his attitude. I feel the exact same way, but he worded it so much better.

He should try a hand at songwriting, the guy has talent!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Rob Halford's gay?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Only in a Chick-fil-A bathroom.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Only in a Chick-fil-A bathroom.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Rob Halford's gay?
    He does seem very happy.
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Every opinion and comment has to be pre-faced with a declaration of respect for the constitution and the right to free speech, with an unfaltering allegiance to the god blessed United States of America.

All this political correctness is homogenizing peoples real opinions. In the real world people tell it like it is, but publicly , they water down their true beliefs due to an overwhelming concern of other peoples opinions, and having their livelyhoods attacked by protesters and sensitive whiners with hurt feelings because somebody said something mean to them and they can't handle it.

So because of this, every single conversation or news topic has to be filtered by censorship. That is bullshit, and the U.S.A. is hardly the only country with freedom of speech. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE North America and feel blessed to live here, ( as opposed to being born in a less unfortunate country ), and do NOT take my freedom and liberties for granted, but at times do get sick of hearing about all this stupid petty nonsense regarding certain subjects, particularly gay marriage, I think it is a joke.

Of course gay people have rights and I don't judge or look down on them in any way, shape , or form. I have no problem with people being who they are.

But my opinion about gay marriage is a little bit different, and I don't care about political correctness that much.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and two men can't make a baby. Gay marriage is NOT about family. It is about MONEY. The tax credits they get by having a spouse. Plain and simple.

But they will use religion, politics, and government to manipulate their position to their advantage, even though the tax breaks were put in place to stimulate financial harmony for familys with children. ( of course there are many married couples without children, so I can see how that comment may be hypocritical ).

My point is, there is too much concern about political correctness, IMO, and comments from folks like the great powerful high priest of metal, Rob Halford , are almost always affected by the possibility of a backlash, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks, and I think if freedom of speech was truly accepted, there would be less political correctness.

David Bowie has a great tune about America, from 1997, I think the album is called " Earthling " , and the song ( I forget the exact title ), may be called " I'm afraid of Americans ".

I'm not being critical of anyone or their country, beliefs, politics, or sexual preference, just putting in my two cents.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:45 PM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewa...n-mouth-march/

Jon Stewart's common sense take on it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    Every opinion and comment has to be pre-faced with a declaration of respect for the constitution and the right to free speech, with an unfaltering allegiance to the god blessed United States of America.

All this political correctness is homogenizing peoples real opinions. In the real world people tell it like it is, but publicly , they water down their true beliefs due to an overwhelming concern of other peoples opinions, and having their livelyhoods attacked by protesters and sensitive whiners with hurt feelings because somebody said something mean to them and they can't handle it.

So because of this, every single conversation or news topic has to be filtered by censorship. That is bullshit, and the U.S.A. is hardly the only country with freedom of speech. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE North America and feel blessed to live here, ( as opposed to being born in a less unfortunate country ), and do NOT take my freedom and liberties for granted, but at times do get sick of hearing about all this stupid petty nonsense regarding certain subjects, particularly gay marriage, I think it is a joke.

Of course gay people have rights and I don't judge or look down on them in any way, shape , or form. I have no problem with people being who they are.

But my opinion about gay marriage is a little bit different, and I don't care about political correctness that much.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and two men can't make a baby. Gay marriage is NOT about family. It is about MONEY. The tax credits they get by having a spouse. Plain and simple.

But they will use religion, politics, and government to manipulate their position to their advantage, even though the tax breaks were put in place to stimulate financial harmony for familys with children. ( of course there are many married couples without children, so I can see how that comment may be hypocritical ).

My point is, there is too much concern about political correctness, IMO, and comments from folks like the great powerful high priest of metal, Rob Halford , are almost always affected by the possibility of a backlash, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks, and I think if freedom of speech was truly accepted, there would be less political correctness.

David Bowie has a great tune about America, from 1997, I think the album is called " Earthling " , and the song ( I forget the exact title ), may be called " I'm afraid of Americans ".

I'm not being critical of anyone or their country, beliefs, politics, or sexual preference, just putting in my two cents.
    Rob Halford's gay?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Rob Halford is British so I don't think he has any allegiance to the Constitution or the United States... Maybe he just appreciates our country's ideals and beliefs. He sounds pretty sincere to me...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:45 PM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

Freedom of speech doesn't grant you immunity from criticism.

Republican leaders might want to remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    Rob Halford's gay?
    Yeah, I was surprised too. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But it does seem to give new meaning to some of the old Judas Priest classics, like " Delivering the Goods, Grinder, and Eat Me Alive ".
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 08.07.12 at 01:30 PM.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

You're joking right? Or did you really not know that the Metal God takes the term Metal Up Your Ass literally?