Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Default an American Exorcist shares his experience..

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    - Ephesians 6:12

American exorcist-in-training shares his experience

Rome, Italy, Jul 25, 2012 / 04:03 am (CNA).- “I never thought I’d end up doing this, no,” admits the middle-aged priest whose unexpected path to becoming an exorcist began while saying one of his first Masses after he was ordained 15 years ago.

“At the moment of consecration of the precious blood I asked the Lord to shower his blood upon the youth and to help any young men who may have a vocation to the priesthood.”

The instant reaction of one 13-year old boy shocked the young priest, “he fell backwards and started growling. And I thought, ‘I wasn’t expecting this!’”

Several years later, and he is one of a new generation of exorcists-in-training following a decision by the U.S. bishops in November 2010 to vastly increase the number of exorcists, which might number as low as 50 in America.

The priest, who is from the U.S. Midwest, spoke to CNA on the basis of anonymity so that he will not be deluged with inquiries. As he explained, “we have set structures to make sure those who most need help get it.”

He now finds himself in Rome, sent by his bishop to shadow the work of the six official exorcists of the Rome diocese. In practical terms that means he is “involved in about three exorcisms a day.”

And the learning curve has been steep. “No two cases are alike. That’s been a real education for me. The rite of exorcism is not a magic formula,” he said.

“It is not the devil or the exorcist who is at the center of this but a person is suffering a lot and who is in need of certain liberation through Christ.”

As for correct terminology, is it a demon or a devil? “Demon comes from Greek, devil comes from Latin, either is okay,” he explained. What you are dealing with “are fallen angels who were created good.”

The early Church Fathers, including St. Jerome and St. Augustine, speculated that these angels rebelled “because of the revelation to them of God’s plan of incarnation” and their “repulsion at the notion that God, who is pure spirit and infinite, should become a man.”

For this reason, the priest observed, they have a “fascination with physicality” and “making people suffer.”

“So once the rite begins, normally he starts to manifest himself in the suffering person different ways - violence, changing of the face, changing of the voice is different,” he said, recalling recent exorcisms.

“He just wants to intimidate, but you basically have to ignore him and say ‘Hey, I am the one giving orders around here, buddy,’” he laughed.

The demon’s angelic knowledge, he said, also means they are aware that God only permits their diabolical activities to bring about the salvation of people through “expiating suffering.”

“These suffering people are becoming saints (by) the offering of their sacrifices” which God then receives and “blesses large parts of the Church around the world.”

“When you remind the Devil of that it makes him furious,” because he knows he is losing and hence “he wants to get what he can, while he can. If he can’t win these peoples’ souls, he wants to at least make their lives miserable.”

So an exorcist dialogues with the devil?

“Yes, I ask them a series of questions: ‘What’s your name?’ since when you use his name in a command it weakens him.” Once a demon gives his name, the exorcist then tells him to “get out” and also might ask “how he got in and when he’s going to leave.”

“The last one, it’s like they’ve all been coached with the same line, ‘I’m never leaving,’ but they will someday!”

The key is to limit dialogue, said the trainee exorcist. “You don’t want to ask them questions just out of curiosity, that’s not healthy.”

It is also possible to “throw in things just to humiliate the demon,” such as invoking the presence of saints, guardian angels and – most feared of all – Our Lady. It is then that “you can really see that there is a change in the behavior of the demon.”

The end-game often comes when the devil start revealing himself in angry and violent outbursts, when “it is common that there is foaming at the mouth.”

In the case of a curse being broken, the person will “start vomiting objects that were used in the curse or, you know, the vomit or saliva changes from clear to colored.”

It is then the exorcist knows “I’m hitting home, that this is really being effective and so those are good signs. It’s not pleasant to see, but you know that ‘I’m being effective here.’”

The American exorcist-in-training explained that the causes of demonic influence vary from case to case and the impact of participating in evil practices also changes with each case.

But one factor that seems to be a common foundation for people coming under the sway of the Devil is “deep wounds in their lives and, above all, in their family,” particularly where “parents have made really bad choices” and in doing so “have invited evil influence into their home.”

He lists such things as “marital infidelity, abortion, doing things that break the family apart.”

“What is the family?” he asked rhetorically, “A family is an icon; it’s an image of the blessed Trinity, and so the devil hates the family.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...is-experience/
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Oh, god.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

Why is this forum becomming ChristanityLinks.com? I mean really Wruff, come on.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    ahem
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:55 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe he's a Cubs fan.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

“At the moment of consecration of the precious blood I asked the Lord to shower his blood upon the youth and to help any young men who may have a vocation to the priesthood.”

The instant reaction of one 13-year old boy shocked the young priest, “he fell backwards and started growling. And I thought, ‘I wasn’t expecting this!’”
    I remember Catholic school. When the priest suggested us boys should consider a life of celibacy, that was my reaction, too.

Last Online

11.11.12 @ 12:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

read none of that

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Last edited by Number 47; 07.28.12 at 05:44 PM.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

Curious reaction, Brett. Does it burn?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

It's not really what I want on this forum. This isn't a religion web site. There's too much of this stuff on here now, getting out of hand. This is a recreational music web site.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

It's not really what I want on this forum. This isn't a religion web site. There's too much of this stuff on here now, getting out of hand. This is a recreational music web site.

I do not see all of these religious threads you speak of. Nobody's spamming your website with evangelical Christian stuff, Brett.

This is only a thread about an interesting subject. Everyone's seen the movies. Hearing a first-hand account from a real-life exorcist is naturally intriguing. Certainly not something that we read about every day.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Whatever Wruff I think we're losing you.

A real life exorcism? Please tell me you're not serious.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Whatever Wruff I think we're losing you.

A real life exorcism? Please tell me you're not serious.
    I don't get what your issue is really. It's just an article he thought was interesting just like any other article people post. It's not preachy or anything. I doubt it'll inspire any heated debate. Most, like yourself, will dismiss it as a dumb article and move on. No harm done.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Watch what this becomes. Then you'll see my issue.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.16.15 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Last edited by Percy Jackson; 07.28.12 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Ancient Aliens... again !