Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smash Mouth

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member
    I was in a convention last week in LA where Smash Mouth played the House of Blue's. They were amazing! The reason I post this here is because, as every good Van Halen fan knows, they do a cover of Running With The Devil.

As part of their encore, they played Running With The Devil. When the bass erupted with the intro - the crowd went nuts! The cheers of the crowd were deafening! The faithful cover of the song was out-fucking-standing.

I know a bunch of you have been hard on SmashMouth - but after seeing this concert, hearing their fucking incredible cover of RWTD, I am a fan and highly recommend that anyone who gets the chance check these guys out.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I can't stand Smash Mouth. Naturally the only Van Halen they seemed to care about is the one with David Lee at the helm. I saw an interview they did at Much Music a few years back and that's during the time when Gary was with Van Halen. They basically thought having Gary in Van Halen was a joke and that VH3 sucked. I know some of you at the Links share that opinion but that kind of crap being spewed really made me pissed. I mean who the fuck are these guys to criticize a band like Van Halen. C'mon!!!
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    I mean who the fuck are these guys to criticize a band like Van Halen. C'mon!!!
    this is true...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.15.08 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're fans, just like us. And like the majority of Van Halen fans, they weren't happy about Gary being in the band. They just had a more public place to display their displeasure than most of us.

I get a kick out of Smash Mouth. That they do a RWTD cover is an added bonus
    I used to know this guy, he played with dolls...

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they don't do anything for me...maybe if they just did covers, instead of their own tunes?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member
    I can't stand Smash Mouth. Naturally the only Van Halen they seemed to care about is the one with David Lee at the helm. I saw an interview they did at Much Music a few years back and that's during the time when Gary was with Van Halen. They basically thought having Gary in Van Halen was a joke and that VH3 sucked. I know some of you at the Links share that opinion but that kind of crap being spewed really made me pissed. I mean who the fuck are these guys to criticize a band like Van Halen. C'mon!!!
    So, because they are famous and stated publicly what 95% of the people on this forum felt they are asses?

They must like the Sammy era - or have a respect for them, as they were hanging with Sammy at the Planet Us premier.

I'm just saying that I have a new found respect for these guys. They really rocked the House of Blues.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I didn't care for the guys comments and the music is sub par anyways (my opinion.)
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I mean who the fuck are these guys to criticize a band like Van Halen. C'mon!!!
    Yeah, who the fuck are you to criticize VH3
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's great. i do a pretty rockin cover of runnin with the devil too. but as for music i write, much like them, it sucks. i hate them.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As my signature say's:

Opinions are like Assholes, everybody's got one.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I don't like Smash Mouth that much either. So their opinion on Van Halen, or anything else means nothing to me.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, especially when the glass is paper thin.

Smashmouth sucks.

And nothing says "Beat Me" quite like that ugly mug in perfect conjunction with that necklace he's wearing:

[ May 29, 2002, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: UnleashVH ]

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Anytime anyone posts anything positive about any newer band.. this board rips it apart. There is and was cool music made after 1985... How many of you have been to any concerts of bands that started out after 1990? VH isn't doing shit so check out some other stuff, you might be suprised. What a bunch of old farts on this board.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YUK!
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by F'nRockstar:
    Anytime anyone posts anything positive about any newer band.. this board rips it apart. There is and was cool music made after 1985...
    Being a Van Hagar fan, I agree. Even classic Van Halen die-hards who didn't like Van Hagar will admit as much, considering Can't Get This Stuff No More and Me Wise Magic were released in 1996 on BOV1.

VH isn't doing shit
    No, they're not--unlike Smash Mouth.

so check out some other stuff, you might be suprised. What a bunch of old farts on this board.
    Don't tell me some of this "other stuff" I should check out is Smash Mouth? LMAO.

Any how, I remember that irritating song "All Star" by Smash Mouth with the verse: "Someone once told me/The world is gonna roll me/I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed". Since you're looking for something positive, let me just say that truer words were never spoken in the history of rock 'n roll when Steve Harwell sang "I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed".

BTW, since you're an expert on Smash Mouth [You don't mind an "old fart" like myself presuming things, do ya'?], who was the ultra-intelligent babe (allegedly "with the shape of an 'L' on her forehead") who originally spoke those words? It's a shame the world doesn't know her name, but the world does know Steve Harwell's... And where does Harwell, one of the world's biggest losers, get off insinuating that some babe wise enough to dump him is a loser, while we're at it?