Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

01.09.13 @ 04:01 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Poll: Majority of voters blame Obama for bad economy

The poll, conducted for The Hill by Pulse Opinion Research, found 53 percent of voters say Obama has taken the wrong actions and has slowed the economy down. Forty-two percent said he has taken the right actions to revive the economy, while six percent said they were not sure.

http://thehill.com/polls/239377-the-...or-bad-economy

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Good. Now carry that opinion to the voting booths in November and remove this jack ass from office.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Good. Now carry that opinion to the voting booths in November and remove this jack ass from office.
    Never happen....

We're stuck with him for another four years...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 6,706 Times in 3,725 Posts

the majority of voters don't have a clue on what impact the president has on the economy.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Obama has held 100 fundraisers in the past six months. hasn't convened his jobs council even once.

washingtonpost.com/national/romney-attacks-obama-on-job-creation-economy/2012/07/20/gJQAXG1XyW_story.html

On Fire Rare Painful Side Effect's Avatar
    Last Online

07.08.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The impact a president has on the economy is mostly the ability to inflict damage. I think there are external factors impacting the economy here (China slowing, Europe cratering), but overall I'd have to say Obama has done a pretty miserable job. The job bills and "stimulus" was a lot spent to little effect, probably because it was mostly pork. And they seemed to not really grasp the effects of over-regulation.

We veer from one extreme to the other, depending on which special interest groups are calling the shots at any one moment. The democrats take money from public employee unions in exchange for rolling over during "negotiations", while somehow convincing minorities and the poor that electing democrats is important to their future (despite seemingly no evidence ever backing up such claims). The republicans will make sure there is little to no economic regulation in exchange for plutocrats running ads for them throwing out red meat about gays, guns and god to the ignorant rabble.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Poll: Romney preferred over Obama to handle the economy

By more than 2-1, 63%-29%, those surveyed say Romney's background in business, including his tenure at the private equity firm Bain Capital, would cause him to make good decisions, not bad ones, in dealing with the nation's economic problems over the next four years.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...omy/56439758/1

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

CNOOC'S Nexen Deal Shows How Obama Pushed Canada Toward China.

When President Barack Obama rejected the Keystone XL oil pipeline, it spurred Canada to look to China as a new partner that could serve as a market for the increasing oil production coming out of Canada’s tar sands. Now, half a year following Obama’s decision, Canada’s vital oil industry appears to be drifting to China.

CNOOC, a state-owned China oil producer, announced on Monday that it has inked a $15.1 billion deal to buy Nexen, one of the crown jewels of Canada’s oil and gas sector.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanva...-toward-china/

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Never happen

Those same goofballs will keep him in office because they "like" a non wealthy Prez - Sad but true
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I haven't selected a side yet.
    I knew I wanted to give the other party a try 4 years ago and Palin being a heartbeat away from the oval office scared the shit out of me. I also knew that no matter who won, the economy would take more than 4 years to fix. Its never a quick fix when you go into the shitter as deep as we did.

Its going to take more than a different president to fix it. Congress needs an entire house cleaning and term limits need to be established. Life long senators and reps are what is killing this country. They establish bed fellows in lobbyists for whatever the cause and its now a job instead of a public service.

Obama has many flaws, and Romney has many of the same ones as well. But he just takes the view/side of both sides on so many occassions he is a bit like John Kerry.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I don't know why so many around here are so convinced Obama will win so easily. I don't see it that way at all. I know so many people who despise the man. Several who voted for him last time who would never vote for him again.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

The 20% swing vote is what will do it in. I know that seems simplistic, but it is the "middle" that decides the presidency and they like BO
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Painful Side Effect View Post
    . . . throwing out red meat about gays, guns and god to the ignorant rabble.
    "gays, Guns and god",

Your capitalization was off there a bit, missing a big G.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

I can understand Obama supporters' frustration that he inherited a bad economic situation. However, he knew what he was getting into. Hell, anyone with a 4th grade education could tell we were heading for a financial cliff as early as 1999. The fact it took this long was a surprise, really.

So you can't blame him for it being in bad shape to start with, but I think it's reasonable to say things actually got worse and have barely improved since then--all while he has been in office. Once the GWB boogeyman was used up, then it was on to the "do-nothing Congress" where the Democratic leadership would blame Republicans for blocking them from doing anything--even though they had two years to push through their own legislation. Now it's time to blame Europe and China.

All you have to do is look at his major domestic accomplishments:

1) The Stimulus Package: It was a hand-out of the highest order to pet projects and kickbacks to his supporters. It was promised to keep unemployment below 8%. 3 years later it added to the debt and deficit, and unemployment is still above 8%. And it is only at that level because so many people have stopped looking. There are few improvements to our infrastructure to show for it--and the ones that are there are barely noticeable. For the long-term health of the economy, this deserves an F.

2) Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare): This massive government expansion has added to the debt and deficit, created uncertainty in the private sector, and is massively unpopular. The political capital spent to push this turd through has prevented him from accomplishing anything else of substance on the economy since. So again, for the long-term health of the economy, it gets an F. And since it actually increases the cost of healthcare across the board, it gets and F- for false advertising.

So yeah, this crap economy is his fault.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1) The Stimulus Package: It was a hand-out of the highest order to pet projects and kickbacks to his supporters. It was promised to keep unemployment below 8%. 3 years later it added to the debt and deficit, and unemployment is still above 8%. And it is only at that level because so many people have stopped looking. There are few improvements to our infrastructure to show for it--and the ones that are there are barely noticeable. For the long-term health of the economy, this deserves an F.
    Obama's stimulus package at work

WSJ: President Obama Finances Offshore Drilling in Brazil

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...120524166.html

Car Company Gets $529 million U.S. Loan from Obama, Builds Cars In Finland

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/car-co...ry?id=14770875

Solyndra declares bankruptcy after getting $535 million loan from Obama.
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...128802718.html

Another Solyndra: Abound Solar declared bankruptcy after getting $70 million loan from Obama.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...ites-the-dust/

Obama-backed electric car battery-maker files for bankruptcy after receiving a $118.5 million stimulus grant from Obama.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-...for-bankruptcy