Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thinks about being with the Van Halen boys again?? I mean does he dream about getting on that stage again and screaming out once again "ITS 5150 TIME"
    "Jebe Ga"

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think he does or else he wouldnt have said in that interview clip on that vh-1 Sam and Dave show thing that the only way to do it was if it was a Sam and Dave tour. So thats pretty much yes. If he didnt think about it he would have said no way.

I think that Sammy might fear that Van Halen might eventually get back with Dave at some point, and so when asked about a reunion he always says that the only way to do a reunion would be if it was a Sam and Dave reunion, that way he gets to be part of it too. Just my assumption.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think sammy wants in more then he will admit to.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I made the pilgrammage down to the Cabo Wabo this past week. Got back on Monday and was lucky enough to get in the night Sammy played with Mike as the "Three Worms" (my Spanish sucks so I call it by the english translation). Had to wait on line for two and half hours but it was well worth it. He did not kick into the VH set list until Vic Johnson was pulled on stage halfway through the show. What happened was Sammy went on about how he invited Diamond Dave to perform for him during his birthday, while Sammy would play for Dave on his birthday (Oct. 10). While the crowd booed Dave (proof to me that its Hagar fans that go down to Cabo, not VH fans) to the credit of Sammy, he told the crowd he wanted to pay tribute to Dave for the recent tour and Mike then proceeded to pluck his bass with his teeth and Vic ripped the cords to Running With the Devil. I freaking flipped out, never in a million years did I expect Sammy to play that song. He even did the screams and got really into it. Mike sounded as good as he did back in 20 years ago. After playing that, they kicked into 5150, Runaround, Rockin Roll, Best of Both Worlds and Top of the World. He played Black and Blue with the guitarist who won the battle of the bands. He did well, but nothing compared to the legend of EVH. Never heard VH play that song live, so it was great seeing Mikey hit the high notes.

I could not get in the other night, as my buddies were not up for sleeping out in the street to get tickets to the Friday or Sunday show. He played for about hour and half each night. On Sunday watched the show on the big screen from the Cabo Wabo parking lot, he played mostly solo material from his new album. Tickets were free to every show. How many people want to perform on there birthday, for free? That was proof to me that Sammy is a stand up guy and truly loves what he does, even if he is now old enough to receive an AARP card. He sure does not act 55.

And after seeing Mikey and Sammy up there, it is clear both are very close and real good friends. They just click and were having a blast. I have seen Sammy and VH numerous times and never did I see Sammy and Mikey so happy to be on stage and just rocking as hard core. I was hoping to hear something like Beautiful Girls or Sinners Swing. Maybe next time. I hoping that next time involves two guys that have the last name Van Halen as well. Maybe then America will remember what rock was all about.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.24.05 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dream about it every night. I could be the next singer...except for the singing part. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by KingEddie:
    I made the pilgrammage down to the Cabo Wabo this past week. Got back on Monday and was lucky enough to get in the night Sammy played with Mike as the "Three Worms" (my Spanish sucks so I call it by the english translation). Had to wait on line for two and half hours but it was well worth it. He did not kick into the VH set list until Vic Johnson was pulled on stage halfway through the show. What happened was Sammy went on about how he invited Diamond Dave to perform for him during his birthday, while Sammy would play for Dave on his birthday (Oct. 10). While the crowd booed Dave (proof to me that its Hagar fans that go down to Cabo, not VH fans) to the credit of Sammy, he told the crowd he wanted to pay tribute to Dave for the recent tour and Mike then proceeded to pluck his bass with his teeth and Vic ripped the cords to Running With the Devil. I freaking flipped out, never in a million years did I expect Sammy to play that song. He even did the screams and got really into it. Mike sounded as good as he did back in 20 years ago. After playing that, they kicked into 5150, Runaround, Rockin Roll, Best of Both Worlds and Top of the World. He played Black and Blue with the guitarist who won the battle of the bands. He did well, but nothing compared to the legend of EVH. Never heard VH play that song live, so it was great seeing Mikey hit the high notes.

I could not get in the other night, as my buddies were not up for sleeping out in the street to get tickets to the Friday or Sunday show. He played for about hour and half each night. On Sunday watched the show on the big screen from the Cabo Wabo parking lot, he played mostly solo material from his new album. Tickets were free to every show. How many people want to perform on there birthday, for free? That was proof to me that Sammy is a stand up guy and truly loves what he does, even if he is now old enough to receive an AARP card. He sure does not act 55.

And after seeing Mikey and Sammy up there, it is clear both are very close and real good friends. They just click and were having a blast. I have seen Sammy and VH numerous times and never did I see Sammy and Mikey so happy to be on stage and just rocking as hard core. I was hoping to hear something like Beautiful Girls or Sinners Swing. Maybe next time. I hoping that next time involves two guys that have the last name Van Halen as well. Maybe then America will remember what rock was all about.
    Awesome post dude. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Paint me green w/ envy!
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!