Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Id be happy if my girl became a mum at 12 too

good to see America doesn't have all the loonies...

Schoolgirl Amy Crowhurst made headlines in 2002 when she fell pregnant with son Alfie aged just 12. She raised him with the help of her mum, but at 16 left home, had a brief reunion with Alfies dad, and fell pregnant again unexpectedly with her daughter Destiny.

Alone with two kids, Amy was no stranger to controversy as she struggled to cope getting convicted for growing cannabis, and evicted from her council home for throwing wild drug-fuelled parties. When Closer spoke to her in April 2011, she was back home with mum Rose, 54, and coping well and now Amy reveals shes living independently in a three-bed council house and is returning to college to get her GCSEs.

Shes so happy, the 22 year old insists being a mum at 12 has its advantages and, shockingly, shed be happy if Destiny, now seven, fell pregnant at 12 too.

She says: Having kids young was the smartest thing I ever did. Ive had lots of energy for them and lifes beginning for me now at an age when I can enjoy myself I have the freedom to meet mates and go clubbing when my mum babysits.

Worryingly, she adds: Having sex at 12 is fine if you feel ready and arent pressured. I wouldnt encourage Destiny to plan pregnancy at 12, but if she did have a baby Id be happy itd be fun being a gran at 27!

Single Amy, from Crawley, West Sussex, fell pregnant after having sex for the first time with an unnamed boy she met at a local leisure centre. She says: We didnt use protection I didnt know much about sex. Mum wasnt happy I was pregnant, but I didnt agree with abortion and felt I could handle parenting.

Amy, who has eight siblings aged 10 to 25, gave birth in March 2003 aged 13. Explaining she was home-schooled initially, but couldnt keep up the commitment, she reveals: My mates were having sleepovers and I was at home changing nappies. But being young helped me cope with the sleepless nights.

Aged 16, craving independence, she moved into a council home and fell pregnant again, after a brief reunion with Alfies dad. She explains: It was a one-off we didnt use contraception. I went through with the pregnancy as I wanted Alfie to have a sibling.

Amy, who is no longer in contact with the father of Alfie, now nine, and Destiny, admits she struggled as a single mum and went off the rails. But last May, she moved into her new home and says shes now back on track. Amy who hasnt had a serious relationship since being with her childrens dad admits: Ive made mistakes, but Ive always been a good mum.

Whatever Ive done wrong, Ive got lots of energy for the kids and can relate to them because Im young. Me and Destiny both love The X Factor, MTV and go shopping for clothes like sisters.

Revealing shes going to enrol at college to gain qualifications in maths and English, she adds: When I see girls I went to school with having babies now, Im so glad I got it out of the way. Theyll be at home and up in the night for the next 10 years. Plus theyre fat and Im a size 6! I missed school, but I can catch up and Ill appreciate it more.

And Amy who claims benefits, but wants to become a healthcare worker adds: Destiny will get sex education at school, although if she asks me questions, Ill do my best to answer them. If she had a baby at 12, I know shed cope and Id be happy for her. Women shouldnt put off having kids young it makes you a better mum.

Child psychologist Margaret McAllister says: A 12 year old may be physically capable of having a baby, but is not emotionally ready to bring up a child. A parent draws on their own life experience to guide their child and, at 12, you are only a child yourself.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

22 huh...lot of city miles on that girl.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:16 AM
    Liked 7,838 Times in 4,574 Posts

Premium Member

shed be happy if Destiny, now seven, fell pregnant at 12 too.
    I can't believe that a mother, could ever utter those words, with a straight face.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

LMAO! So when Tyrone was banging that ugly ass beast....he actually threw a nut? You Leroy, are the man. Keep it up dawg. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

Cute kids.

The mother though... Damn. She looks like she could audition as a Kiingon.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 18,116 Times in 8,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I can't believe that a mother, could ever utter those words, with a straight face.
    It would make her feel better about her own life if her daughter had the same failures.

That right there is an EPIC FAIL as a parent. I am no where near the best parent in the world, but I think even the most genuinely average parent wants their child to do BETTER than they did, not make the same idiotic mistakes that their parents made.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It would make her feel better about her own life if her daughter had the same failures.

That right there is an EPIC FAIL as a parent. I am no where near the best parent in the world, but I think even the most genuinely average parent wants their child to do BETTER than they did, not make the same idiotic mistakes that their parents made.

No shit. My measure of success as a parent is the fact that my son is in a much better place than I was at the same age. I made a lot of mistakes raising him, but I must have done something right...