Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default The Anti-American Flag Thread...

US flag ban at Mass. public housing complex enrages tenants; 1 woman won’t remove flag

WRENTHAM, Mass. — Residents of a Massachusetts public housing complex are outraged that the town’s housing agency has banned the display of U.S. flags outside their homes.

The Wrentham Housing Authority notified residents of the policy through a letter taped to their doors Wednesday.

The unsigned letter says the move was made after a tenant complained to the state Department of Housing and Community Development over the Fourth of July holiday.

Barbara Marshall kept a U.S. flag flying outside Wednesday even after the letter was delivered and tells The Sun Chronicle she has no intention of removing it.

The 82-year-old Marshall, whose brother took part in the D-Day invasion of France, says she was so upset about the letter she had to lie down.

No one at the housing authority would comment.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ummmm, no FUCKING way will this stand. No way!

I bought a condo years back and they told me that I couldn't display an American flag on the building as it " didn't meet the criteria of their visual display image". I put up the flag anyways and told them that if they want me to take it down, they can take me to court. Which they did. The judge literally laughed and dismissed the case citing no merit and chastised the property management personell to the point of extreme embarrassment.

My grandfather put his life on the line for that flag. I'll be God damned if ANYONE tells me that I cannot fly it.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Ummmm, no FUCKING way will this stand. No way!

I bought a condo years back and they told me that I couldn't display an American flag on the building as it " didn't meet the criteria of their visual display image". I put up the flag anyways and told them that if they want me to take it down, they can take me to court. Which they did. The judge literally laughed and dismissed the case citing no merit and chastised the property management personell to the point of extreme embarrassment.

My grandfather put his life on the line for that flag. I'll be God damned if ANYONE tells me that I cannot fly it.
    Love the last 2 sentences!!

I don't get how AMERICANS would want to try and ban other AMERICANS from displaying the USA flag. Makes no sense.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 18,182 Times in 8,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

I don't get how AMERICANS would want to try and ban other AMERICANS from displaying the USA flag. Makes no sense.
    Probably wasn't an American.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

Some people have no sense.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Probably wasn't an American.
    badabing!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Mr. Aaron Gornstein Undersecretary
    Department of Housing and Community Development
    100 Cambridge Street, Suite 300
    Boston, MA 02114

Dear Undersecretary Gornstein,

It is with great frustration that I write to express my vehement opposition and outrage to the Department of Housing and Community Development’s recent order banning the display of American Flags at the Wrentham Housing Authority. As you no doubt are aware, the public display of all American Flags is common area has been prohibited and restricted to the interior of tenants’ apartments.

First and foremost, I maintain that this order is a disgrace to everything that the American Flag represents. The flag has proudly been displayed as a sacred symbol of personal freedoms guaranteed to every American for the past 235 years. It continuously reminds us of these freedoms every day and any attempt of a government agency to prohibit its display on public property is not only unconscionable, it’s a violation of the very freedom it represents.

Secondly, to institute this policy following the Independence Day holiday, a day where all American join together in the commemoration of the American Revolution, is absolutely unacceptable. Massachusetts Statesman and American President John Adams once said that the American Independence “ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.” The Forth of July is a national holiday marked by varying degrees of patriotic display and the DHCD would do well to amend its policies to accommodate such demonstrations of celebration.

Most importantly, this order serves as an insult to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces and their families who have scarified so much in honor of the American Flag. Many of my constituents have express their anger to what can only amount to be a horrible mistake and I formally request that the order be rescinded immediately and an apology be issued to the residents of Garden Lane in Wrentham.

Thank you for attention to this extremely important matter. I look forward to a timely resolution to this issue and encourage you to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

James E. Timilty
    State Senator
    Bristol & Norfolk

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Rep. Winslow Passes Out Flags at Garden Lane

One ruling has caused an outpouring of support at Garden Lane. After receiving a notice from the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development that stated that they could not display flags outside their apartments due to complains from one tenant, the other residents have responded by hanging their own flags from the polls built in to the apartment buildings.

At 10:30 a.m., the office of Governor Deval Patrick issued a statement that the ruling was a mistake and that under their policy, the display of the American flag is allowed on public housing property.

In response to the initial outrage, State Representative Dan Winslow paid a visit to Garden Lane to give flags to the residents. The flags were so popular that many were taking an extra flag or two for their neighbors who were not home.

“I’m glad that they’ve admitted their mistake, I don’t think it goes far enough,” Winslow told reporters while handing out flags. “I think that whoever made this decision at the state level is by definition grossly incompetent and we oughta fire that person and replace them with an unemployed veteran who I guarantee you would not make this mistake.”

The story has drawn support from beyond Wrentham. An Attleboro resident by the name of Jeff Runey drove around the apartments in his Jeep with an America flag waving at the top of a pipe.

One of the people who happily received a new flag was Margie Killion who lived near the person who’s flag initially provoked the complaint. With a son in the armed services, she was pleased when her son called her to say that the decision had been reversed.

“Livid. Of course I was very angry. This is disgusting that they’d do something like this,” Killion said.

Resident Mary Hayes was angered over the fact that this would happen over one person complaining.

“I was outraged. I wasn’t too surprised because our freedoms are being threatened from all different sources. To listen to one person and then because of one complaint and then saying that we can’t have flags around, it was just outrageous,” Hayes said.

John O’Brien who is a veteran of the Air Force, took a flag from Winslow and like everyone else who the representative talked to today, could not believe that someone would decide that a flag could not be flown outside.

“I was sick to my stomach. There are guys who died for that flag. That was an absurd decision that someone in Boston made,” O’Brien said.

After today, the apartments of Garden Lane will probably have a little more red, white, and blue on the outside. While one person may not think that the flag should be hung outside, the vast majority beg to differ and have no issue showing that they disagree.

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2012...ag-overturned/

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Public housing banned it? U gotta be shitting me. What has happened to america? I don't recognize it any more.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Public housing banned it? U gotta be shitting me. What has happened to america? I don't recognize it any more.
    resolved a day later...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/1...ngers-tenants/

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The ‘God Bless Amerika’ video doesn’t make it clear if the New Orleans incident was intentional or accidental.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1375195

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

as well it should have.

I understand (and agree with) condo corporations having restructions on the size of display on the outside of a unit or in a common area. It's quite another for public f-ing housing saying that you can't display the flag of the country that's paying for your home. Just makes no sense at all. Glad to see this got corrected mighty quickly.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Mr. Aaron Gornstein Undersecretary
    Department of Housing and Community Development
    100 Cambridge Street, Suite 300
    Boston, MA 02114

Dear Undersecretary Gornstein,

It is with great frustration that I write to express my vehement opposition and outrage to the Department of Housing and Community Development’s recent order banning the display of American Flags at the Wrentham Housing Authority. As you no doubt are aware, the public display of all American Flags is common area has been prohibited and restricted to the interior of tenants’ apartments.

First and foremost, I maintain that this order is a disgrace to everything that the American Flag represents. The flag has proudly been displayed as a sacred symbol of personal freedoms guaranteed to every American for the past 235 years. It continuously reminds us of these freedoms every day and any attempt of a government agency to prohibit its display on public property is not only unconscionable, it’s a violation of the very freedom it represents.

Secondly, to institute this policy following the Independence Day holiday, a day where all American join together in the commemoration of the American Revolution, is absolutely unacceptable. Massachusetts Statesman and American President John Adams once said that the American Independence “ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.” The Forth of July is a national holiday marked by varying degrees of patriotic display and the DHCD would do well to amend its policies to accommodate such demonstrations of celebration.

Most importantly, this order serves as an insult to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces and their families who have scarified so much in honor of the American Flag. Many of my constituents have express their anger to what can only amount to be a horrible mistake and I formally request that the order be rescinded immediately and an apology be issued to the residents of Garden Lane in Wrentham.

Thank you for attention to this extremely important matter. I look forward to a timely resolution to this issue and encourage you to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

James E. Timilty
    State Senator
    Bristol & Norfolk
    Yikes! I know this is a year old, but I hope this was just the rough draft. I agree with what he's saying, but it looks like it was written by a slow fourth-grader.