Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 5-1-5-0 a country song ?

Country artist Dierks Bentley has a new song 5-1-5-0, read the link with the VH reference.

http://m.aol.com/music/blog/theboot/...-1-5-0-lyrics/
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:00 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Horrible song.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

VH seems to have influence just about everywhere. Pretty cool.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.14.13 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yep. Crap song. Typical country garbage. They all sound exactly the same. It's like they are all in the same room when they write that one song.

"Now come forward to the current time, and in my "Country and Cold Cans" song I had a line that was "Are y'all with me, let's go 5-1-5-0." I told Jim Beavers about it and the next day I saw him at the gym. He started singing to me, "5-1-5-0, somebody call the po-po." I thought that was just about the stupidiest thing I'd ever heard."

Should have gone with that initial feeling...
    Hit the ground running...

We came through blood and fire...

"I aim to misbehave." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds: Firefly

Proud fan of BOTH major eras of Van Halen. Yes, we do exist.

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions"-- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

The Sass Jordan version of Van Halen was the best...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Watcher View Post
    Yep. Crap song. Typical country garbage. They all sound exactly the same. It's like they are all in the same room when they write that one song.

"Now come forward to the current time, and in my "Country and Cold Cans" song I had a line that was "Are y'all with me, let's go 5-1-5-0." I told Jim Beavers about it and the next day I saw him at the gym. He started singing to me, "5-1-5-0, somebody call the po-po." I thought that was just about the stupidiest thing I'd ever heard."

Should have gone with that initial feeling...
    I honestly don't know why they even bother recording the music. Just take the tracks others have recorded and write a new melody and lyrics over top. Cause that's what it sounds like anyway. Would save a lot of money. Same with rap (as in crap).
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 727 Times in 402 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    I honestly don't know why they even bother recording the music. Just take the tracks others have recorded and write a new melody and lyrics over top. Cause that's what it sounds like anyway. Would save a lot of money. Same with rap (as in crap).
    Wow, we really do turn into our parents...

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning and ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

09.07.15 @ 02:12 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Yeah i read about that a while ago and its your typical crap country music
    Janie Liszewski did the IMPOSSIBLE she helped Eddie Van Halen get better. Deal with it.

The day is dunzo lets have some funzo- DLR AS IS

Somedays you're the dog Somedays you're the hydrant- DLR Bullethead

It's not who you squeeze but who returns to squeeze you, no doubt, love em all I says let cupid sort em out!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    *gasp* lol . . . you're right
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Fine with me.

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions"-- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:31 AM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Ha, no doubt we did, but we're listening to Van Halen and probably various other classic rock acts, while back in the day our parents were listening to Tom Jones, Roy Clark, Petula Clark, Elvis (but not too much), Chubby Checker, etc. That's just a sampling from my youth of what my parents were listening to. They weren't even into The Beatles, they were just a little too old for that crowd. I recall my parents trying to be "hip" and buying the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack when it was released. ha My dad also bought the Olivia Newton-John "Let's Get Physical" album when that was released- I wonder why? I guess he saw the video.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkost View Post
    Ha, no doubt we did, but we're listening to Van Halen and probably various other classic rock acts, while back in the day our parents were listening to Tom Jones, Roy Clark, Petula Clark, Elvis (but not too much), Chubby Checker, etc. That's just a sampling from my youth of what my parents were listening to. They weren't even into The Beatles, they were just a little too old for that crowd. I recall my parents trying to be "hip" and buying the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack when it was released. ha My dad also bought the Olivia Newton-John "Let's Get Physical" album when that was released- I wonder why? I guess he saw the video.
    He was rubbing one out to her. We all were. Still could, too, if recent pics are anything to judge. Sooooo, what were we talking about again?

Oh yes, turning into our parents. This assumes that we don't like any music out today, which for me, at least, is untrue. I do like some music released these days, but country is pure cookie cutter crap. Most rap, as well. It's all corporate owned and maintained music. Plus, there's no one out there with the chops AND musical taste AND pop sensibilities that Van Halen has always had. I once dated a girl far younger than I (I was 38 she was 25) who called Van Halen "old man rock." Fine with me. Call it whatever you want. They remain the American version of Led Zep, another timeless rock band. There is plenty of music that came before my era that I love as well: jazz, big band, blues and Johnnie Cash style country music... all before my time. I liked bands like Weezer in the past. Rap and country music, however? The most corporate cookie cutter crap available today, along with the Britney Spears/Katy Perry/Fergie (Does anyone sound WORSE than Fergie?) and Bieber pop. There can be no doubt. I'd almost go so far as to call it a "fact."

Millions may love it, but that doesn't make it good.

This 5-1-5-0 song sounds EXACTLY like every other country music single I've heard since the 90s, with the exact same instruments sounding the exact same way with the singer singing in the same cadence about the same stuff as always. It really is like there is ONE country music song now and they all sing the same one.

In the past, each band had a different sound: The Who, Zep, Queen, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Sabbath, Metallica etc. These guys sound EXACTLY the fucking same. There's no denying that much, at least.

If that makes me my parents, I'm good with it.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

changes regularly
    Favorite VH Song

also changes regularly
    Last Online

05.14.15 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I have a brother who was out in Nashville for a while trying to break into the country music scene. He said the same small group of people write the songs for most of the country stars. They just say "OK, lets write a song about a Chevy truck", and then they decide which singer they want to try to get to sing the song. That's why they all sound the same.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:50 AM
    Liked 1,027 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Watcher View Post
    He was rubbing one out to her. We all were. Still could, too, if recent pics are anything to judge. Sooooo, what were we talking about again?

Oh yes, turning into our parents. This assumes that we don't like any music out today, which for me, at least, is untrue. I do like some music released these days, but country is pure cookie cutter crap. Most rap, as well. It's all corporate owned and maintained music. Plus, there's no one out there with the chops AND musical taste AND pop sensibilities that Van Halen has always had. I once dated a girl far younger than I (I was 38 she was 25) who called Van Halen "old man rock." Fine with me. Call it whatever you want. They remain the American version of Led Zep, another timeless rock band. There is plenty of music that came before my era that I love as well: jazz, big band, blues and Johnnie Cash style country music... all before my time. I liked bands like Weezer in the past. Rap and country music, however? The most corporate cookie cutter crap available today, along with the Britney Spears/Katy Perry/Fergie (Does anyone sound WORSE than Fergie?) and Bieber pop. There can be no doubt. I'd almost go so far as to call it a "fact."

Millions may love it, but that doesn't make it good.

This 5-1-5-0 song sounds EXACTLY like every other country music single I've heard since the 90s, with the exact same instruments sounding the exact same way with the singer singing in the same cadence about the same stuff as always. It really is like there is ONE country music song now and they all sing the same one.

In the past, each band had a different sound: The Who, Zep, Queen, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Sabbath, Metallica etc. These guys sound EXACTLY the fucking same. There's no denying that much, at least.

If that makes me my parents, I'm good with it.
    Great post. No offense meant to anyone who likes country music, but to me, what passes for modern country music is the most corporate, God awful shit being recorded today (other than rap). I hate the sound of anything like the two step, I hate the sappy, maudlin lyrics, I hate the fake cowboys wearing their hats and boots. There are only 2 things I can say good about country music - there are a whole host of fine looking women in the business these days, and some (some) of the people playing guitar can seriously tear it up (Brad Paisley and Vince Gill are 2 examples). Other that that, it is all copycat cryin' ass bullshit retread music that makes me ill to listen to.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am relieved that I did not turn into my parents musically - otherwise I would be listening to Sunday polka programs on AM radio right now. Dzien dobry!
    <Insert favorite VH song lyrics here>