Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Default The Official Lamb Of God Thread

Lamb Of God Staying 'Positive' For Jailed Singer Randy Blythe

'We have reached out and are making use of the resources we have acquired to help our brother who is still detained in Czech jail,' reads a statement from the band.

By Gil Kaufman

If you've ever seen the movie "Midnight Express," you might have a sense for what a nightmare it is to be locked up overseas when you don't understand how the local legal system works. That's pretty much how the members of metal band Lamb of God are feeling right now as they continue to try and secure the release from jail of singer Randy Blythe.

Blythe was taken into custody last Thursday after being arrested in a probe into the 2010 death of a fan at a LOG show in in the Czech Republic. He was slated to be released on Tuesday, but has reportedly been detained even after posting nearly $200,000 bail and is expected to remain behind bars until at least next week.

Aside from an interview this week with manager Larry Mazer in the Czech Blesk newspaper in which he argued that Blythe should be released "immediately," the singer's band mates have been mum on his case for the past week.

They broke that silence on Friday (July 6) in a statement giving an update on Blythe's situation. "First of all, thanks to everyone who has reached out in support of Randy and each of us in this terrible situation," read the note. "We have been keeping our heads down and not speaking out due to the fluid nature of the situation and the constantly changing information that even we receive daily. Within an hour things can do endless 180's. It's maddening to try and make heads or tails.

"We're taking the time to speak to you as it has been a significant period of time since this situation began and while nothing is immediately clear to any of us, we are not trying to keep anyone in the dark. We have reached out and are making use of the resources we have acquired to help our brother who is still detained in Czech jail."

The statement reiterated something Mazer said in his interview, namely that LOG had not been appraised on the investigation into the fan's death in the two years since it occurred.

Blythe was arrested last week at the airport in Prague, where his Grammy-nominated band was scheduled to perform at the Czech Republic capital's Rock Cafe. Authorities charged him with manslaughter in connection with an alleged incident that resulted in a concertgoer's death two years ago during a concert at Prague's Club Abaton. He is alleged to have shoved a local fan, identified in Czech media only as "Daniel N.," from the stage. Daniel then reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that left him comatose and resulted in his death 14 days afterward.

In slow-motion video of the alleged incident posted by Czech Republic's TV Nova, Blythe and what appears to be a security guard can be seen pushing the fan off the stage and back into the audience. Blythe is facing five to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charge of "bodily harm of the 4th degree and resulting in the death of a fan." Lamb of God canceled a show at the Rock Cafe in Prague Thursday after Blythe was brought in for questioning.

Mazer said the organizer of the show now claims that, "the police contacted him three months after the boy died. I don't understand why no one got in touch with us to let us know. He was in a coma and he died, and we never heard from anybody." He added that despite posting bail earlier this week, it's possible Blythe could have to remain in jail for up to 20 days as investigators conduct their probe.

As for the video, Mazer said the clip shows someone jumping into the audience, but "it wasn't Randy that pushed him. The security guard shoved him off the stage." He also noted that nowhere in the brief video do you see the fan falling to the ground.

Spin magazine reported on Thursday that new video footage may exonerate Blythe in the case. Mazer says the new clip, also reportedly filmed at the 2010 show, clearly "shows a security guard throwing the guy onto the floor." The nearly three minute video shows "Daniel" climbing on the stage and dancing before diving back into the audience. He is then seen being pushed off stage by Blythe and the security guard. In the third incident, Daniel crawls onto the stage and then rolls off over the metal barricade into the audience as the fans watch his body hit the floor.

Adding to the confusion, a Blythe fan site is claiming that reports from the Czech Republic suggest that the videos are not of the alleged incident because the timing of the songs being played in the footage does not match up with the sequence of the show in question.

Regardless, Mazer told Rolling Stone that Blythe's attorney presented that video (and others) to the judge in the case on Wednesday.

"Nobody reported an injury of any kind at the concert, or after the concert. It was at least an hour to two hours later, supposedly, when this kid went to a hospital," Mazer told the magazine. "So that's number one -- why did nothing occur during the show? Number two, he had supposedly been in a coma for 30 days, but it wasn't [until] a couple of months later that they contacted the promoter to ask his understanding of the events. He said the same thing -- that the show went on fine, no nothing, no incidents. They told him that a person had been injured, which led to a death, which he had no knowledge of whatsoever. And then it went away. Two years go by, and Randy gets arrested."

As they wait for the legal issues to work themselves out, Blythe's band mates, who flew home last week, said they are trying to keep their chins up. "Randy is our brother and we assure you, we are all staying very positive for him, working endlessly behind the scenes to provide any and all assistance possible," continued their statement.

"The best we can do is to stay positive and continue to support our friend that we know is innocent. We know that justice will prevail and we will continue to do our part to support our friend."

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

I can see how that may be frustrating. He will probably be o.k.

The heaviest metal I like is SLAYER and MOTORHEAD.I don't need mine to be any heavier or faster than that. Which is why I'm unfamiliar with this band and singer.

But I seem to recall that in 1982 , DLR may have kicked a guy in the head here in my town during the VH show. But that may have been schtick to set up his famous " gonna fuck your girlfriend " line. Don't know for certain , but these incidents do happen.

There was a fan trampled to death at a donnington festival show while GNR were performing.These deaths are very sad and unfortunate.But shit happens.Every day there are accidents and morally unjust activitys that make you shake your head.

It's good that this singer has the $ to post bail , and will probably be out next week.But the fan who died won't be coming back ever , so I feel more sympathy for him and his family.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Haven't heard about that, crazy. I listen to LOG at the gym when I lift.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

He killed a guy. He's guilty of manslaughter. He should be in jail.

People need to be held accountable for their actions.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

01.15.16 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    He killed a guy. He's guilty of manslaughter. He should be in jail.

People need to be held accountable for their actions.
    what the fuck are you talking about he did not kill the kid. yeah like he wants his fan fo die!! have you ever heard of slam dancing stage diving, its part of the gig for heavy bands. so how do you not see that?? its called an accident and where i come from you dont go to jail for that!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by zoident View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about he did not kill the kid. yeah like he wants his fan fo die!! have you ever heard of slam dancing stage diving, its part of the gig for heavy bands. so how do you not see that?? its called an accident and where i come from you dont go to jail for that!
    He should have handled it better than he did.

We come from the same place. This was hardly an accident; it was stupidity. Had he done any thinking at all maybe this would not have happened.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

He should have handled it better than he did.

We come from the same place. This was hardly an accident; it was stupidity. Had he done any thinking at all maybe this would not have happened.
    what do you mean we come from the same place? and yes it was a accident you really think before he got on stage that night he told himself im going to kill a fan tonight.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

what do you mean we come from the same place? and yes it was a accident you really think before he got on stage that night he told himself im going to kill a fan tonight.
    We're both from Chicago.

He didn't even think once that pushing the kid off stage could kill him? Seems like the logical thought to me.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

TIE! Humans Being and HAIL
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 90 Times in 37 Posts

"An accident" not "a accident" and you're confusing intent with incompetence. No one is disputing intent - if he intended to kill someone, that's murder, not manslaughter.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ignorance_is_bliss View Post
    "An accident" not "a accident" and you're confusing intent with incompetence. No one is disputing intent - if he intended to kill someone, that's murder, not manslaughter.
    Said it better than I could. Thanks, Igs.

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

We're both from Chicago.

He didn't even think once that pushing the kid off stage could kill him? Seems like the logical thought to me.
    oh ok... he pushed alot of kids off the stage plus the kid was on stage over 3 times that night. he knew what he was doing diving into a mosh pit is always dangerous. i have played to the same kind of crowds and violence comes with it. have you ever seen a wall of death?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

oh ok... he pushed alot of kids off the stage plus the kid was on stage over 3 times that night. he knew what he was doing diving into a mosh pit is always dangerous. i have played to the same kind of crowds and violence comes with it. have you ever seen a wall of death?
    So because he was pushing kids off the stage all night, that makes it okay?

I have seen a wall of death. I stay away from that shit.

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

So because he was pushing kids off the stage all night, that makes it okay?

I have seen a wall of death. I stay away from that shit.
    come on hes not guilty if a football player breaks someones neck in a game is he guilty? where about do you live city or burbs?

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

That's a real shame for everyone involved.

Is this the actual video of the incident? The stage is like 3 feet high it seems.

Metal shows like theirs are intense. Mosh pits, people trying to get on stage to be idiots, diving off into the crowd and what not. That is all common place and imo pretty dumb and risky. Seems like an unfortunate accident, the guy landed badly off a short stage. Plus he willingly got up there knowing what happens at these shows. No one deserves death for this but it is risky behavior and this is far from the only band where this shit goes on at every show.

My question is...in this case is it the venue's responsibility or the bands to handle stage security?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    That's a real shame for everyone involved.

Is this the actual video of the incident? The stage is like 3 feet high it seems.

Metal shows like theirs are intense. Mosh pits, people trying to get on stage to be idiots, diving off into the crowd and what not. That is all common place and imo pretty dumb and risky. Seems like an unfortunate accident, the guy landed badly off a short stage. Plus he willingly got up there knowing what happens at these shows. No one deserves death for this but it is risky behavior and this is far from the only band where this shit goes on at every show.

My question is...in this case is it the venue's responsibility or the bands to handle stage security?
    thats always the venues responsibility and if you look at the vid you see the security guy pushing the kid as well.