Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.20.17 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Now 2nd leg shows Canceled!!!

Just got this for 3 shows (Sacramento, Reno and Fresno)

The Van Halen show at Reno Events Center on Thursday, August 30th at 7:30PM has been cancelled. Tickets purchased via the internet and charge by phone will be automatically credited to your credit card.

Van Halen
    Reno Events Center
    Thursday, August 30th at 7:30PM

We’ll automatically refund your order, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable) to your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused fans.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

You may just be hearing about this now, but those shows have been cancelled for a long time.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.20.17 @ 03:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    You may just be hearing about this now, but those shows have been cancelled for a long time.
    Well, were "postponed." But now canceled.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 2,640 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    Well, were "postponed." But now canceled.
    I think he means they were always cancelled ever since the first news of this, they were just initially called "postponed" to sound better.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 93 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I think he means they were always cancelled ever since the first news of this, they were just initially called "postponed" to sound better.
    Yes, it was probably planned all along to call them postponed while the tour was still on, but changed to being officially cancelled after the 6/26 New Orleans show. Too bad that the parties responsible couldn't have prevented those extra dates from being announced in the first place, as it only fuels the rumor mill to cancel them. I feel bad for the people who held off until that leg was announced, or people in cities like Cleveland which were not yet visited. It's a minor speed bump in an otherwise stellar year for the band.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

09.10.14 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope they'll come to Europe next year instead of playing each minor city in the US.

Peter

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:58 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote van Halen View Post
    Hope they'll come to Europe next year instead of playing each minor city in the US.

Peter

Möchten sie Van Halen ausführen in Berlin?

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

Default yep

I was holding out for a reschedule date for the Birmingham show but now I see the "official" event cancelled message on Ticketmaster...oh well - glad I went to Nashville!
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 314 Times in 157 Posts

This whole "postponement/cancellations" thing reeks of something. Either bad management decisions (scheduling) to begin with or possibly DLR having throat problems i.e. polyp needing removal. Why do you suddenly throw on the brakes during a tour? It's all very suspect imo. I ain't buying that "We're too tired" crap either.

Dave has been the weak link this tour with his voice problems. It would make sense if he did have something wrong. Maybe he's having surgery during the downtime and needs that time to heal. Just a thought.
    Last edited by 10after12; 07.02.12 at 06:54 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

damn blowers........
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.17.15 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10after12 View Post
    This whole "postponement/cancellations" thing reeks of something. Either bad management decisions (scheduling) to begin with or possibly DLR having throat problems i.e. polyp needing removal. Why do you suddenly throw on the brakes during a tour? It's all very suspect imo. I ain't buying that "We're too tired" crap either.

Dave has been the weak link this tour with his voice problems. It would make sense if he did have something wrong. Maybe he's having surgery during the downtime and needs that time to heal. Just a thought.
    Possibly, but Dave was out doing county fair grandstand dates opening up for demolition derbies when things got really bad, as i see it he'd go up there as a mute and do sign language if he had to rather than be the guy who forced the cancellation of one of these good paying gigs. I hope it's not a health issue for any of them, and rather just they got a more lucrative offer going international in the Fall and realized they couldn't do both. But you'll never really know.

Ps. Any further explanation would just be dissected with disdain by haters so I'm not a person critical that they somehow owe me a more thorough explanation.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The entire 1984 catalog
    Last Online

08.20.13 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10after12 View Post

I respectfully disagree. For the most part they've already covered the US. The second round would have just had them revisiting markets they'd already been in and the lackluster sales/willingness of fans to shell out more money was apparent after the initial round of ticket sales. No choice but to pull the plug. They just aren't as popular as they used to be.

Plus they added Japan now. When I saw that announcement I worried less about a health issue or a problem within the band.
    Visit Van Halen - A Different Kind of Timeline. Your Van Halen "coffee table e-book". Music videos, full concerts, documentaries, photos, album releases and more. Scroll through reverse-chronological history of the greatest all-around rock band of all time.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrownM&Ms View Post
    I respectfully disagree. For the most part they've already covered the US. The second round would have just had them revisiting markets they'd already been in and the lackluster sales/willingness of fans to shell out more money was apparent after the initial round of ticket sales. No choice but to pull the plug. They just aren't as popular as they used to be.

Plus they added Japan now. When I saw that announcement I worried less about a health issue or a problem within the band.
    I agree with this. They may have seen a downward trend in ticket sales and decided to spare themselves a disappointing second leg. I wasn't really planning on catching the show a 2nd time this summer. I might have ended up going, but wouldn't have jumped all over buying the tickets early like I did for the Atlanta show.
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.27.16 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts

I'm confused. When they were postponed and we all assumed cancelled, everyone here said relax, they're just catching their breath, Dave said so. Now that it's cancelled, it was cancelled the whole time.
    This is my signature saying someone (you choose) made Van Halen better so I can say "Deal with it".

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

someone needs to post that pic of Ed pulling the football out from under charlie brown that was floating around a couple of years ago.